• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin Lagunamar

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Has anyone traded their Starwood week through II for Lagunamar? (DD thinks she might want to try for it instead of Royals.). Did you still get a good location?

They used to list lots of availability in II, but for the last year or so I think that's diminished. I'd suggest a request first exchange, and it's likely you'll get it.

Sent from my iPad

sail27bill

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe most all the rooms have an ocean view. I haven't been since the new section opened, but I think it was designed that way also.

Has anyone traded their Starwood week through II for Lagunamar? (DD thinks she might want to try for it instead of Royals.). Did you still get a good location?

Lee

Lee,

I just used II to trade my SVV for Lagunamar this coming August. I placed the request in this past August for August 2015 and I was confirmed into a 2 bedroom in November after only a 3 month wait. Of course it is not high season, but that was the only time-frame that worked for us. I did not use Starwood since my 2 bedroom non-lockoff would only get me a 1 bedroom using Staroptions. I have no idea what view or location I will end up with, but I am hoping for the best.

Anita

Ez323

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your input. I got more information about this resort than I ever imagined I would. Hope to begin planning our trip there soon!!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Lee,

I just used II to trade my SVV for Lagunamar this coming August. I placed the request in this past August for August 2015 and I was confirmed into a 2 bedroom in November after only a 3 month wait. Of course it is not high season, but that was the only time-frame that worked for us. I did not use Starwood since my 2 bedroom non-lockoff would only get me a 1 bedroom using Staroptions. I have no idea what view or location I will end up with, but I am hoping for the best.

Anita

I think just about any unit will have a great view as long as you get a high floor. On our first visit, we were in building 1400. Fabulous view from the fourth floor I believe. On our last visit we were in building 600 on the second. That low floor was blocked by palm trees. Higher would have had a great view of the pool and sea. We were non owners exchanging in each time.

For us, it doesn't have to be about one place or the other. We enjoy Hawaii and Cancun pretty equally but for different reasons. Both have their pluses and minuses. We will probably make it back to Cancun before Hawaii just because of distance and cost. Hawaii is uniqueu though in that it has a different fibe. In the Hotel Zone of Cancun, you could easily mistake it for Miami Beach.

hefleycatz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lee,

Anita

Did it happen to say on your confirmation with II of your room location? I know ours with the Royal trade thru II gave the room #.

lee

blondietink

Reaction score
We were at Lagunamar in September of 2014 and we swam in the ocean a lot! For the life of me, I can't figure out how to attach a picture here or I would be able to show you how beautiful the water is. The pools were great, too (we liked the quiet pool best). Lots of loungers available on the beach and if for some reason there isn't, one of the pool guys will drag one out for you. Honestly, we have never been treated so well at a resort as we were at Lagunamar. This includes resorts in Hawaii, except maybe the Aulani and I would give it a tie. The staff treated us like royalty at Lagunamar, and it was without any expectation of tips. In fact, we moved villas after a couple of nights when a higher floor became available. I gave the bell services guy a tip when he picked up the luggage and told me flat out that he would not accept a tip when he delivered our luggage to our new villa a couple of hours later.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did it happen to say on your confirmation with II of your room location? I know ours with the Royal trade thru II gave the room #.

lee

The "room number" on II exchanges in to SVO properties does not mean anything -- it's just for accounting purposes. It is extremely unlikely you would get the exact unit that it lists, as rooms are assigned shortly before arrival based on the reservation timestamps and relative priorities...

hunkyleebo

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We've been having a tougher time getting exchanges into WLR so last year we rented a 2nd villa to house part of our large group. This year we bought another week (resale of course). We've always gotten better views as owners than exchangers.

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've been having a tougher time getting exchanges into WLR so last year we rented a 2nd villa to house part of our large group. This year we bought another week (resale of course). We've always gotten better views as owners than exchangers.
WLR or Starwood owner?

airattack

Reaction score
lagunamar rooms

i suggest u email the resort about a week before u arrive or tell the conciere lady when she calls u two weeks before u arrive that u want a room above the third floor..floors two and three are not above tree top level and there is little to no view....get floors 4,5,6,7,8 then ur set...all have view of the water, pool etc......buildings dont matter....they are all good

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
i suggest u email the resort about a week before u arrive or tell the conciere lady when she calls u two weeks before u arrive that u want a room above the third floor..floors two and three are not above tree top level and there is little to no view....get floors 4,5,6,7,8 then ur set...all have view of the water, pool etc......buildings dont matter....they are all good

I would call the front desk directly and to speak with someone in charge there. If you a WLR owner, in addition I would also make sure the reservation in MSC is noted.

The concierge has no connection to room or building assignments, as they use a completely different system. Often they don't care, as their main goal is to sign folks up for owners updates and offer local advice. WLR concierge is great, but they are no help on room or building assignments.

hefleycatz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Doesn't seem to be much availability after May at WLR in II. Should I hold out any hope for late August first of Sept?

blondietink

Reaction score
I would call the front desk directly and to speak with someone in charge there. If you a WLR owner, in addition I would also make sure the reservation in MSC is noted.

The concierge has no connection to room or building assignments, as they use a completely different system. Often they don't care, as their main goal is to sign folks up for owners updates and offer local advice. WLR concierge is great, but they are no help on room or building assignments.

I beg to differ. We were assigned a crappy first floor room when we checked in. Talked to the concierge the next day and were moved to the 9th floor after he worked his magic. ;)

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
I beg to differ. We were assigned a crappy first floor room when we checked in. Talked to the concierge the next day and were moved to the 9th floor after he worked his magic. ;)

The "magic" was he probably spoke to the front desk manager and worked an under the table deal / "commission" or something. Or, if you signed up for a presentation, earning him a commission/job security, or even tipped him, he'd be more willing to sweet talk someone to help (or be bribeable).

Having been an owner there for some time now I know they are separate. The concierge at any SVN resort is really an extension of the sales department, with a main goal of asking people to sign up for presentations or owners updates and filling the sales schedule, and not an extension of the front desk/guest services.

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone else deal with the crazy of taking a 9mo here and being told they can't 'guarantee' a crib!
What is my alternative bring my own in case?!!

tante

Reaction score
Anyone else deal with the crazy of taking a 9mo here and being told they can't 'guarantee' a crib!
What is my alternative bring my own in case?!!

We have a travel crib. We always prefer to use our own.

jlp879

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have read that some of the units are slightly larger than the others. Is there any truth to this, for example, the original build one bedroom units are slightly larger than the units over by the zero entry pool?

The other question I have is that I see from looking at Tripadvisor pictures that some studio units have under the counter bar fridges while other studios have slightly larger fridges that are about 3/4 size. Besides the fridge sizes, are these studios different from each other? Are they divided by sections or how would one know which studio type they are getting?

Thanks for your help.

applekor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ-VG (3 bd pool phase 1 and phase 3),WSJ-BV (3bd, 2bd loft),WKV,VBC
The under counter fridge was replaced by the larger one this past year. I believe all the studios have them now.

Quiding

Reaction score
Hola

We are at WLR at the moment and we got glass in the drinks at happy hour. My wife felt it in her mouth, don't know if she swallowed or not but she panicked. She is pretty scared of such things (English isn't my native language, sorry for any grammar mistakes and I am writing from my phone)

Anyhow, we told the bartender and they didn't check any bottle or nothing which I thought was pretty strange, just kept on serving. Then a manager came up and said that they were sorry and wondered if they could do something. What should I reply to that? I am not a pushy person so we just said it was fine and wanted some bottled water instead :)
Should we have asked for something? Late checkout would be nice since our plane leaves late but I don't want to be greedy... :)
Don't know how to react in such situations...
And Yes, there was glass in the drinks, the manager found it as well and it was maybe peaces of 1/4 cm Sorry, European measurement :D small but still enough..

Have a nice evening!

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
Yes you should have asked for compensation for having glass in your glass. A free dinner/breakfast drinks money something to keep you as a customer.

That's horrible hope everyone is fine.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Holy #{[*#^{*! Glass served IN the drinks? At the bar?!?! They should be closed.

And some of you think I'm silly for not going back to WLR.

Sent from my iPad

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if all WLR weeks 51 and 52 were sold as event weeks by SVN? Just wondering if I would be able to book weeks 51 and 52 at 12-months out if I bought a Plat+ unit or if I would have to buy a fixed week if I want to get week 52.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Anyone know if all WLR weeks 51 and 52 were sold as event weeks by SVN? Just wondering if I would be able to book weeks 51 and 52 at 12-months out if I bought a Plat+ unit or if I would have to buy a fixed week if I want to get week 52.

Weeks 51 and 52 were sold as annual fixed event weeks. If you book at 12 months out owning in Plat+ season you should be able to get inventory no problem. I own an event week fixed week and have noticed that closer to the time it sells out. When we are actually there to check in, they are full.