• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Car rentals...any discount coupons for convertibles?

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Has anyone recently seen any coupons either online or in a coupon book like Entertainment that would discount rental of a convertible at an airport? Thinking of renting one in FLL just to go top-down in scenic parts of South Florida. Any tips much appreciated!:cool:

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC (7k Hawaii), Marriott (2-Bdrm L/O), & RCI Points (80k Grand View)
I get the best weekly discounts from Costco.

I use to get some good discount codes from MouseSavers:

http://www.mousesavers.com/transportation-for-disney-vacations/rental-car-discounts/

If you look, for some rental car companies, there are 2 codes that you can put in. Both of those can be found on MouseSavers. The codes aren't just for Florida.

Thrifty/Dollar usually have the best rates. Make sure you clip on the city speciasl tab.

Last edited:

antjmar

Reaction score
Has anyone recently seen any coupons either online or in a coupon book like Entertainment that would discount rental of a convertible at an airport? Thinking of renting one in FLL just to go top-down in scenic parts of South Florida. Any tips much appreciated!:cool:

last time (many years ago:eek:) I rented a convertible in FLL I found the best prices from smaller "local" car rental companies. I believe both of these have rentals at the airport.
FYI I have no experience with either one of these but the first one shows a $299 week rental special for a convertible which seems reasonable.

http://www.sunshinerentacar.com/

http://www.e-zrentacar.com/Locations/Fort-Lauderdale-Airport

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
last time (many years ago:eek:) I rented a convertible in FLL I found the best prices from smaller "local" car rental companies. I believe both of these have rentals at the airport.
FYI I have no experience with either one of these but the first one shows a $299 week rental special for a convertible which seems reasonable.

http://www.sunshinerentacar.com/

http://www.e-zrentacar.com/Locations/Fort-Lauderdale-Airport

I just checked Dollar, $189 + taxes =$269.

I prefer the bigger companies.

antjmar

Reaction score

I prefer the bigger companies also. However, rates vary tremendously by date, I must have missed the date of travel in the OP.

Dollar has a convertible for a week in which I'm travelling in February (13-20)and its $911 + tax!!! Total $1123...:eek:

Sunshine for that same week is $647 with tax!!! still expensive but lot less than $1123!!!

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

Got a ressie with Dollar already for $170 plus tx but was hoping to apply some kind of coupon code to it. Still a great deal though...so I'll likely keep the ressie even without being able to get an additional discount. Thanks to all you great TUGgers for posting...and I'm going to let ya'll know if I do find a coupon I can use with the convertible ressie.

PaulT

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

Carol, when are you going? I got a good rate and a 20% discount code for E-Z for our trip to Orlando in January.

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Carol, when are you going? I got a good rate and a 20% discount code for E-Z for our trip to Orlando in January.

Dec 13-19, God willing. It's my hubby's first time going on a flight and longer trip in awhile, so I decided on a car rather than sticking him on public trans in SoFla. (He has Parkinsons & some mobility challenges). Right now I've got a convertible reserved for less than $200 on Dollar...I couldn't get the AAA 10% discount to reduce that more. I'm still looking!!! :)

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Dec 13-19, God willing. It's my hubby's first time going on a flight and longer trip in awhile, so I decided on a car rather than sticking him on public trans in SoFla. (He has Parkinsons & some mobility challenges). Right now I've got a convertible reserved for less than $200 on Dollar...I couldn't get the AAA 10% discount to reduce that more. I'm still looking!!! :)

Did you check MouseSavers for any Dollar discount codes?

Sent from my iPad Retina using Tapatalk

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I rarely see coupons or codes for convertibles. Usually just compact through full size. Specialty cars don't often offer coupons. Sometimes the popup, but not often.

Trudyt623

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Animal Kingdom, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Costco

Check Costco daily because the rates change very often. I just switched my car rental about a week ago because a mustang convertabile became available in orlando 12/18-25 for $363 for the week.

Last edited:

MommaBear

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Do NOT rent through Advantage Rental Car. We went through them because they had the best prices. However, the car they rented had malfunctioning brake lights. It was our responsibility to take it to the nearest outlet to exchange the car. This was a seven hour round trip. Had we rented through a major company we could have exchanged at the Key West airport.

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Do NOT rent through Advantage Rental Car. We went through them because they had the best prices. However, the car they rented had malfunctioning brake lights. It was our responsibility to take it to the nearest outlet to exchange the car. This was a seven hour round trip. Had we rented through a major company we could have exchanged at the Key West airport.

Thanks everyone! I did look at Mousesavers but couldn't find a current code better than what I have reserved. I was thinking of trying Priceline bidding today but now reading MommaBear's posting what if I get a "win" from a second-tier car rental company and get bad brake lights or whatever? Seems like bidding on a car via Priceline could be really risky. So again thanks to everyone, and I am going tomorrow so will keep what I got directly on Priceline's site with my 10% AAA discount applied. TUGgers really rock! :banana:

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I wouldn't worry about the car you get through Priceline. I used to use them a lot. They deal with the well known companies (Avis, Hertz, Alamo, etc) and when you get the car through Priceline you're treated pretty much like any other renter. The only difference I've noted is that the second driver usually isn't included free. I've stopped using Priceline because lately they never could beat the prices I was getting with Costco.