• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New! Help! Purchased Wyndham Club Pass

tlee0706

Reaction score
Hi everyone. First time post here. I wish I knew about the forum before my cancellation period ended but I guess I am stuck with what I purchased at the presentation.

So I wanted to ask the community for a good strategy on utilizing (maximizing) the program. I have 205,000 annual pts, additional 205,000 bonus pts received, and I am a Silver VIP Level. I am married but have no kids, and have flexible workdays.

I would really appreciate any help, comment, and questions! :)

Thank you for reading this post.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. First time post here. I wish I knew about the forum before my cancellation period ended but I guess I am stuck with what I purchased at the presentation.

So I wanted to ask the community for a good strategy on utilizing (maximizing) the program. I have 205,000 annual pts, additional 205,000 bonus pts received, and I am a Silver VIP Level. I am married but have no kids, and have flexible workdays.

I would really appreciate any help, comment, and questions! :)

Thank you for reading this post.

Well first of all...welcome to Wyndham. Its a great timeshare system. Your job now is to figure out how to use what you own

To clear up a couple of things.

One, is that you didnt buy Club Pass. What you bought is Wyndham Club Plus. Club Pass is a feature of what you bought that allows you to use your points in another timeshare system that Wyndham manages, called Worldmark

and

Two, is that you are a temporary Silver VIP member. When those bonus points drop off so will your VIP benefits. The salesman is betting that you like what you have so much and that those VIP discounts and upgrades will become so important to you in the next year or so, that you will practically demand to buy more points from him, to make your VIP permanant.

No doubt because you are not tied to a work schedule or school schedule, you will be able to work in a lot of trips in the off season (when its cheaper) and because you found TUG, you are on the fast track to learning how to maximize your use and enjoyment of the system. ....but dont be tempted to upgrade to permanent VIP until you learn about the secondary market

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you considered rescinding while you still have a chance, you only get one chance to rescind and a lifetime to pay maintenance fees, and a developer contract purchase price

Didn't read the Original Post, please ignore my nonsense response

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you considered rescinding while you still have a chance, you only get one chance to rescind and a lifetime to pay maintenance fees, and a developer contract purchase price

David

The op says he is beyond the "cancellation period"

massvacationer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
To echo what was said above, Club Wyndham is a great, flexible timeshare system.

In most cases, it is best to buy resale. However, if you are past the time when you can rescind, please stick around and learn how to best use it.

Did you buy Club Wyndham Access (CWA) or did you buy a deed for a specific resort? Both are good, just work differently for advanced reservations ( more than ten months out).

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please check this immediately!

With your developer purchase, you are also entitled to "PIC" up to two weeks into the program. If you already own timeshares elsewhere, they may already be "PIC" eligible. If you don't, you may still have time to get one transferred in quickly and "PIC" it. To Ron's point, your VIP benefits are TEMPORARY as it stands now. 205K is 195K below silver VIP level. However, if you PIC a 3BR, that will give you quasi-permanent VIP credit of 254K points. You can PIC up to 2 weeks, so you could actually PIC 508K points worth, which with your 205K would give you permanent GOLD VIP status. I say "quasi-permanent" because PIC eligibility can change over time, although I have not heard of anyone actually losing PIC eligibility once entered in the program.

You generally have 90 days from the date of purchase to identify and include your PIC weeks. Please dig out your forms, follow-up as necessary to see if you can take advantage of this.

I am assuming you are beyond the 10-day rescission period which would be the ideal choice... but given you are beyond that but still have time to further leverage your ownership, I'd recommend you look at PIC as quickly as possible. Given how long transfers take, you will have to act VERY quickly to take advantage of this. What you will need to do is:

1) identify RCI-affiliated week-based resorts. IF they interval has been converted to RCI points, it is NOT eligible to PIC
2) ensure you can execute the transfer quickly enough to include it during your PIC eligibility associated with your developer/retail purchase (generally 90 days, check your contract)

Even if you don't "PIC" your weeks in a given year (let's say, for example, you have a 3BR unit in Orlando that's eligible and you decide to use it for your own vacation directly) - you don't pay the fee and get the 254K points to use that year, but those points STILL COUNT toward your VIP status. And that is the important thing.

Good luck - there is a lot to learn to best utilize the Wyndham system, but it is a very good system once you get familiar with it and they do have a lot of nice resorts.

tlee0706

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for taking time and reviewing my post!

Yes I bought Wyndham CWA
This is my first time owning time share and joining this forum and I have hard time researching for the correct posts. Most other post seems to be fixed location/week program.
Can someone guide me which posts I should look into? Which keyword to use?

Thank you again for taking time and reading this post.

kathyj0205

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've owned Wyndham for over 10 years, and yes, we bought from the developer. More than once. That being said, I love my Wyndham points. I have a lot, and I use each and every one of them every year. I vacation, my kids vacation, I book a week and give it to a charity auction, and lots of other things.

My best advice is to read, read, read. Here on TUG, in your Wyndham directory, and anywhere else you can find. Another great source for me when I was first getting started was to call the VIP line, and ask as many questions as I could think of. And playing dumb. I would always identify myself as a new owner, and ask tons of questions, and never worried about what they thought of me. All reps are not created equal, and if you get on the line with a not so helpful one, hang up and call back.

Hope this helps a little. Enjoy your vacations.

Kathy

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've owned Wyndham for over 10 years, and yes, we bought from the developer. More than once. That being said, I love my Wyndham points. I have a lot, and I use each and every one of them every year. I vacation, my kids vacation, I book a week and give it to a charity auction, and lots of other things.

My best advice is to read, read, read. Here on TUG, in your Wyndham directory, and anywhere else you can find. Another great source for me when I was first getting started was to call the VIP line, and ask as many questions as I could think of. And playing dumb. I would always identify myself as a new owner, and ask tons of questions, and never worried about what they thought of me. All reps are not created equal, and if you get on the line with a not so helpful one, hang up and call back.

Hope this helps a little. Enjoy your vacations.

Kathy

I'll second this. It really does depend who you get on the line. Some of them are VERY helpful. There are also a lot of webinars you can check out in terms of using the system. Reading and re-reading the directory is helpful.

You didn't mention how long ago you bought... are you still within 90 days?

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
All of us were new owners just a short time ago. We read the manual & learn the in & outs of the Wyndham system. We all have different ways we vacation & out vacating styles change over the years.

I like the winter South Florida vacations, but my siblings have been migrating to the Western USA. So, I now book 14+ days in AZ to gather the clan together for fun - Spring Training baseball games, golf and NCAA Bracket betting. And NONE of those things interest me even a little ... but we all have a great time chilling out.

Think about areas you are interested in and ask a lot of questions ... inside of a year or two, you will be answering another newbie's questions.

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
Knowing that when we purchased our contract none of the fees were ever explained or mentioned, I wonder if OP was told about the $99 transaction fee for Club Pass reservations.

Martdoc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Learning Wyndham

Congrats on joining Wyndham, sorry it was on a developers salespersons schedule and not on your own. They are good at selling, and I have much less experience than others on here.

Two recommendations:
1. Join TUG, best $15 investment you will make in order to get the best use out of your Wyndham membership. Many smart and experienced owners on this site, I learn from them all the time.

2. Read the overview article on Wyndham several times, not once.
http://tug2.net/timeshare_advice/wyndham_points_introduction.html

v/r
Martin...

lcml11

Reaction score
Watch for last minute specialsand RCI Extra Vacations if you want more usage than you currently own.