• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Pacific Resorts at Channel Island Shores condition?

JulieAB

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lifetime in Hawaii, Disney's Grand Californian
Anyone been to this resort lately, or through an RCI exchange? I got a match but the latest review on RCI is pretty bad...bad internet, old and dirty. Other reviews are good, especially trip advisor, but I don't know if there are different ownerships at the resort? Maybe the rentals are good, but the GPR units are bad, etc?

RCI also lists several 2 bedroom set ups, the match was for 6/4, but how do you know how many baths you might get?

Barbeque

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Have not stayed there or seen the resort. But what I can say is we own at a Grand Pacific managed resort (Carlsbad Inn) and have stayed at 2 other Grand Pacific Managed resorts and have been happy with our stays at all of them.
We have also stayed at San Clemente Cove and Coronado Beach Club.

When we have had any issues at any of these resorts we have called the front desk and they are dealt with promptly.

I think Grand Pacific has not had Channel Islands for a long time but I would imagine things like cleanliness would be already up to par.

eal

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am an owner at Channel Island Shores and we love the place. Things have REALLY improved since the HOA invited GPR to take over.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Haven't been to Channel Islands, but just wanted to echo what others have said, GPR is a very good management company. They may be slow to upgrade everything to their standards, but I can't imagine any place that they take on becoming worse in any way. The only downside is that non-owners have to pay a daily resort fee, but most people think it is worth it.