• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Did an owner's update in Vermont...

NHTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The guy was nice. The first thing he asked was what brought us to the update. I told him they offered $150. :whoopie: They were pushing Access here. See attachment for what was being offered. No way was that going to happen. It was over in an hour and 30 minutes. Thanks for the $$$. :wave:

Attachments

• wyn.jpg
    wyn.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 148

Whoozr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (Bonnet Creek, Kingsgate, Ocean Blvd), Twin Rivers
OMG

308,000 points for $70K, that is crazy. I went to another owners update at Governor's Green this past weekend and they too were pushing Access but I never reached the point of an offer being made. Once the salesman told me that Access points sold on Ebay, etc would not be good at all resorts, I called him on it and he got upset and asked why I came to an owner's update. Is there any other reason----Free money. I've been to about 5 owner updates at Governor's Green in the past 1.5 years and they still keep asking me to come back. I think I will keep going just to piss them off and to collect my American Express gift card.

NHTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
This was at Smugglers Notch? Are they only talking about Wyndham points now or do they also still offer fixed/floating plans at smuggs?

Yes, it was Smuggler's Notch. To us they were talking about just Wyndham...Access in particular. He started out with Pathways, but realized he wasn't going to get anywhere on that path, so the topic became Access.

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I go in January, I'll have to ask him if he'll give me a discount if I buy two just to see his eyes pop open.

NHTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I go in January, I'll have to ask him if he'll give me a discount if I buy two just to see his eyes pop open.

Last time I went, they offered my $75 and I took it. This time, if they offered me $75 the answer would have been no, but $150 is the most I had ever been offered, so i took it.

Ridewithme38

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm checking into smuggs on the 29th and have other family checking in on the 27th....How 'hard of a sell' was the owners update?

I have pretty good luck on the tours, maybe it's the strong NY accent? Nice to know i can make $150 pretty easily if it isn't much worse then Massanutten.

But i should warn the Inlaws that are checking in before me, "You do NOT want to go on a tour, no matter what they offer you" Sister inlaws dad isn't the type you 'hard sell'.

NHTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm checking into smuggs on the 29th and have other family checking in on the 27th....How 'hard of a sell' was the owners update?

I have pretty good luck on the tours, maybe it's the strong NY accent? Nice to know i can make $150 pretty easily if it isn't much worse then Massanutten.

It's 45 minutes listening to a group session and then your one on one starts in the sales area. He wasn't really hard sell, but tried as many angles as he could. We made plans for an area event, so he knew the cutoff was coming...since I kept looking at my phone. They have you sign for the gift card and when I looked at it the prices ranged from $75 to $150. I was the only $150. Must have been my lucky day. :clap:

gjw007

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was at smuggs earlier this month. I was offered $150.00 so I went. (I had initially said no at check in but they called me a couple days later with a higher offer). I had a one on one, no group presentation. The sales staff was nice and I had made it clear I was there only for the money. I was there for less than 30 minutes and although they tried to pursuad me to buy (as you would expect, its their job although calling it an owners update is a lie), I pointed out I made that mistake once and wasnt going to again especially since I had been selling some of my ownership.

Last edited:

RuralEngineer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update

Heading to Old Town Alexandria this weekend. Will see what happens. Still wanting for my 3rd resale to be recorded so at least there is something to talk about.

Stephen

Explorer7

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Was offered $200 and breakfast this week at the New York Wyndham when we dropped by to take a look at the resort while staying at the Manhattan Club but declined. We did accept the $210 at Manhattan Club to offset the $30 per day "hospitality fee". We made an exception to our no tours stance because we thought they would be respectful but we won't be doing it again. It was very short but it seems that once they know you are an informed consumer and are not buying they then attempt to offend you into walking away without the promised gift.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had heard that 22 cents a point was where they started talking....I bet you could get them down to 15, especially if you agreed to buy enough to be a VIP

Look at it as 308000 points is depending on the resort and season about 2 weeks at a Wyndham resort...lets call 154000 points an average week. They are charging $35000 for a week or over $1,750,000 for a condo...and 18% interest if you finance...

good work if you can get it

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
This was at Smugglers Notch? Are they only talking about Wyndham points now or do they also still offer fixed/floating plans at smuggs?

They only offer Wyndham points now at Smuggs. You have to go privately or through a broker to get a fixed/floating week resale.

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called him on it and he got upset and asked why I came to an owner's update. Is there any other reason----Free money. I've been to about 5 owner updates at Governor's Green in the past 1.5 years and they still keep asking me to come back. I think I will keep going just to piss them off and to collect my American Express gift card.

Isn't that the dumbest question? :D

I usually go to an 'update' to be updated on my present ownership; not to be sold a new ownership. (sigh) :(

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
The HANG TAG staff gets paid a commission to get you to the Owner's Update and they SWEAR it is not a sales session.

The Owner's update staff get irate you are not BUYING their points because they are on commission to SELL you a timeshare.

We all ONLY want the $100-150 0f loot plus some grub (and stale more so now than yesteryear).

And I figure out I don't like to be brow beaten and bullied by either staff for chump change, bad food and the lost of 3+ hours of my life.

No car - no hang tag - no hassle for most of my Wyndham stays.

And I just ask the front desk staff after 8PM for my missing Hangtag, when I do have a car. And I unplug the phone in the unit - all the extensions. ;)

Explorer7

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
The HANG TAG staff gets paid a commission to get you to the Owner's Update and they SWEAR it is not a sales session.

The Owner's update staff get irate you are not BUYING their points because they are on commission to SELL you a timeshare.

We all ONLY want the $100-150 0f loot plus some grub (and stale more so now than yesteryear).

And I figure out I don't like to be brow beaten and bullied by either staff for chump change, bad food and the lost of 3+ hours of my life.

No car - no hang tag - no hassle for most of my Wyndham stays.

And I just ask the front desk staff after 8PM for my missing Hangtag, when I do have a car. And I unplug the phone in the unit - all the extensions. ;)
I agree with you whole heartedly. Last time I was at Kingsgate they had the parking pass lady sitting right beside the checkin rep where the parking pass lady starts taking info from you before the checkin rep begins her work. We were about 5 minutes into the parking pass speel before we realized she wasn't checking us in but working on getting us to a sales update. Quite sneaky and quite annoying.