• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Forming RCI Timeshare Owners Assn. if there is interest

GrandmaSusan

Reaction score
I am new to TUG and so glad to be here. The only way I can see to deal with the horrible things about RCI is to organize as members the way people do when they rent a timeshare permanently. The only thing I have done so far is to register the name and put ads in the Boston Globe to which I received no response. Re first post with VT as first letters. My timeshare is at Killington, VT. Are you in VT? I am Susan Church. My email is GrandmaSusan1313@gmail.com. Thank you.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
The only way I can see to deal with the horrible things about RCI is to organize as members the way people do when they rent a timeshare permanently.

Welcome to TUG - Perhaps you could clearly state your goals for us.

Also - you can only post this once on TUG - we have a rule against duplicate posts, so please don't continue posting it in other forums.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm on the edge of my seat to hear about these 'horrible things' about RCI, and about those who rent permanently.

Susan, have you even read through TUG and have you any idea what we do here? You might even consider actually joining TUG to have full access to the site.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
As Passepartout said, TUG is an organization of timeshare owners, so perhaps you would like to join us, instead of trying to start a new organization.

Last edited:

geekette

Reaction score
I believe her interest is much more narrow, it's anti-RCI.

While I am no cheerleader for RCI, it's not worth my time or energy to join in a protest against them. After all, my RCI membership is part of my timeshare ownership and I will use RCI when it suits me. I also don't foresee an owners group accomplishing anything of value against RCI. After all, they have no product, they are a middleman only.

I am, however, interested in what this permanent rental thing is?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
And we all know how "successful" the lawsuit against RCI was.... :rolleyes:

I am guessing she means something like a home owner's association, or a renter's association, like condo complexes have. Some timeshare owners believe that RCI owns their resort.

Last edited:

geekette

Reaction score

I am guessing she means something like a home owner's association, or a renter's association, that condo complexes have. Some timeshare owners believe that RCI owns their resort.

Yes, the "lawsuit" ...

I think you're right, she may think RCI owns her ts.

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, there are mis-guided souls like Don Quixote and Juan Ponce de Leon. Some people still believe Elvis is alive.

After two class action lawsuits and high fees it is clear if one does not like RCI, switch exchange companies.

Of course, we know renting RCI reservations is ill-eagle like in sick bird.

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Grandma Susan Church

There are Five Timeshares in Killington in the
RCI Directory - Which VT t/s do you own at ?

Cedarbrook (#4982) Killington, VT 05751
Killington Grand Hotel & Crown Club (#4913) Killington, VT 05751
Killington Townhouses (#0438) Killington, VT 05751
North Star Vacation Club (#6470) Killington, VT 05751
Trail Creek Condominiums (#5321) Killington, VT 05751

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Susan:
Welcome to TUG. You will find many expert timeshare users here;
The best way to deal with RCI is to learn how to use their services to your advantage.
Where do you own ? Where would you like to exchange to?

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome to TUG. Hopefully the advice you received here came answer your concerns.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Another drive by world changer.....

siesta

TUG Member
Reaction score

I am guessing she means something like a home owner's association, or a renter's association, like condo complexes have. Some timeshare owners believe that RCI owns their resort.
hey, we did get the TPU system, so at least more transparency.

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm sure this sums it up.

Many come on here thinking that RCI owns their timeshare. RCI has its faults, but it has nothing to do with the ownership at a resort.

Hopefully, it wasn't a drive-by and the OP will try to learn more about their timeshare ownership before going on a misguided witch hunt.

The full time renters may instead be full ownership residents. There's lots of timeshares out there like that with squabbles between the full ownership residents and the timeshare owners.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Forming RCI Timeshare Owners Assn.

Isn't there an RCI related section already on TUG? This is a subject for that section, so we should point OP in that direction!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Isn't there an RCI related section already on TUG? This is a subject for that section, so we should point OP in that direction!

As an exchange company, RCI is part of the Exchanging Forum. Hopefully, the OP will come back and discuss her concerns about RCI, because at this point it's hard to know exactly what direction she is going.