• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Kings' Land phase 2

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Nice review. I'll be in phase one next month, but in the future it sounds like I'd be just as happy in phase two. The view from the lanai can be a tipping point for me, but I don't think the views are Hawaiin from any of the rooms.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Those are nice reviews -- thanks for posting them and alerting us to them!

Best,

Greg

Reaction score
Appreciate the review...looks like we made a good call to book phase 2 for April! We stayed in phase 1 back in 2010 on our first trip to the Big Island, but loved the option of saving points for our return trip next spring. That freed up enough points to allow us to spring for a 1BR+ in the Lagoon Tower for the other half of the trip. :banana:

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Glad to know my reviews are helpful. I've read a couple of posts in other threads from people who think phase 2 is second class, but the units are more luxurious than other timeshares I've been in. I didn't feel like I was losing anything at all. Didn't miss the oven since I don't cook on vacation. :)

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Glad to know my reviews are helpful. I've read a couple of posts in other threads from people who think phase 2 is second class, but the units are more luxurious than other timeshares I've been in. I didn't feel like I was losing anything at all. Didn't miss the oven since I don't cook on vacation. :)

Do you recall if there were BBQ grills in Phase 2? I grill a lot when I am on vacation, and am hopeful there are conveniently located in Phase 2?

We know the rooms are smaller, but were there any intangible negatives/positives to being at Phase 2 versus Phase 1? It actually seems the pool is more convenient that being in the farther buildings in Phase 1?

Is there any golf course view from the 2BR units? Just curious how the external features might compare?

Thanks!

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Do you recall if there were BBQ grills in Phase 2? I grill a lot when I am on vacation, and am hopeful there are conveniently located in Phase 2?

We know the rooms are smaller, but were there any intangible negatives/positives to being at Phase 2 versus Phase 1? It actually seems the pool is more convenient that being in the farther buildings in Phase 1?

Is there any golf course view from the 2BR units? Just curious how the external features might compare?

Thanks!

There are grills and a picnic table between the two buildings in phase 2, so I assume that will be the pattern for the rest of the phase. Besides the size of the units, the only tangible differences are the lack of an oven (at least in the one-bedroom units) and soaking tub in phase 2.

I don't know what you mean by intangible differences, but probably nothing I would notice. Clean, comfortable, fast wifi, and free wifi and parking are at the top of my list, along with resort location. Everything else is a bonus.

Yes, the pool is more convenient to the current buildings in phase 2 than the far end of phase 1.

I don't know where the two-bedroom units are located in the buildings. But any units on the back sides will have golf course/mountain views. I was just happy not to be on the first floor, so being on the front or back of the building didn't matter to me.

dvc_john

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looking at the chart above makes me wonder if they've designed the units like some other timeshares, where they have a large 1-br and a small 1-br, and combine them for a 2-br. In the chart they are labeled 1-br king, 1-br double, and 2-br king + double. No studios listed.

But the points for each 1br are the same, so I suppose you could end up getting either style if booking a 1br.

Anybody know if that is an accurate assessment?

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Looking at the chart above makes me wonder if they've designed the units like some other timeshares, where they have a large 1-br and a small 1-br, and combine them for a 2-br. In the chart they are labeled 1-br king, 1-br double, and 2-br king + double. No studios listed.

But the points for each 1br are the same, so I suppose you could end up getting either style if booking a 1br.

Anybody know if that is an accurate assessment?

They are definitely dedicated 1BR and then dedicated 2BR's -- nothing locks off and the floor plans for all 1BRs are the same. The difference is only in the bed arrangements as some target customers prefer double beds.

I believe that revolution will differentiate between the 1BR King and the 1BR Double.

Thx!

dvc_john

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up. I've never liked those mini 1br units that some timeshares have.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Construction for phase 2? Any comments or issues for current onsite guests?

Answering my own question, I called the resort and construction is finished. Does anyone know how many phase 2 building they built?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Construction for phase 2? Any comments or issues for current onsite guests?

Answering my own question, I called the resort and construction is finished. Does anyone know how many phase 2 building they built?

We're here at Kings Land right now in building 22 (phase 2). There are only the two buildings at this moment, with no construction currently going on here.
I'll try to check and see what further development may be down the road.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We're here at Kings Land right now in building 22 (phase 2). There are only the two buildings at this moment, with no construction currently going on here.
I'll try to check and see what further development may be down the road.

Have fun --- Kings Land rocks! Can you compare/contrast how you like Phase 2 as compared to Phase 1, and also how the room space feels to other timeshares that you've stayed in? Thank you.

Best,

Greg

drbrandt

Reaction score
Does Phase 2 have any 3 BR? The ground level ones in Phase 1 are 8700 points during Gold season, which seems like a pretty good rate.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Does Phase 2 have any 3 BR? The ground level ones in Phase 1 are 8700 points during Gold season, which seems like a pretty good rate.

The only 3br are phase 1, building 5. Only 4 of them, two standard and two plus.

Reaction score
Have fun --- Kings Land rocks! Can you compare/contrast how you like Phase 2 as compared to Phase 1, and also how the room space feels to other timeshares that you've stayed in? Thank you.

Best,

Greg

The wife and I really like this 1BR in phase two. A bit smaller square footage than the phase one we had 4 years ago, but more than ample for the two of us. The only thing lacking is an oven, but that's not a deal breaker considering the points saved (4800 vs. 7200).
The walk to the pool isn't bad either...we're directly across the street from the clubhouse. No more of a walk than folks in the end units (maybe even closer).
We will definitely be going this route again next time!

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Doesn't building 9 also have 3 BR?

You may be right, I bought pre-construction and the ownership docs dated Feb 2008 only list 8 buildings. I looked at the google earth view and the roofline on building 9 matches 5.

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm curious as to the type of room (standard or plus) and points required to book that we are in at King Land right now. We exchanged with RCI and it is a 2BR in building 4, second floor . We originally got a first floor building 10, but asked for something closer and got it.

A very nice unit with an over the top bathroom! Only beefs are that there is only one towel bar and no hooks in the bath for towels, so I end up hooking it on the wooden linen tower in the bathroom (Not the best for wood). The other is I cant hook up an HDMI cable to the TV since it is right up against the wall. (Small details, I know!)

Pools are awesome and passes to the hotel is a huge bonus, as is $65 rounds of golf at the King's Course (probably won't use though).

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
Grand Golf: An exclusive program for our registered guests staying at our King's Land Resort. Anytime Rate of $68.00 plus tax per round and other discounts apply.

This was taken from the activities calendar.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The second floor are plus units 8700 points gold season, it's what I own.

zimco

Reaction score
have they finished connecting the road to the main highway( Queen's Highway) vs having to drive all the way back into the resort

xandern

Reaction score
have they finished connecting the road to the main highway( Queen's Highway) vs having to drive all the way back into the resort

No, they have not. But actually, the road is there, it is just closed off. We were there end of March/beginning of April when there was the Lava Man quarter triathlon. During that time there were road closures and the road exiting Kings Land to the main highway was opened, simply by opening the fences and putting someone at the intersection to control the traffic.
I think they will keep that connection to the main highway closed (except for during special events) to prevent a large(r) traffic flow through the Kings Land resort, since the buildings are located on both sides of the road and people are crossing the street to go from the apartments to a.o. the pool.