• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin Lagunamar

bobpark56

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
Also, in St John, you will probably want to rent a vehicle (pricey). In Cancun, you don't need one.

daynab

Reaction score
Thanks so much for all the great info. 6 weeks and counting!!!
:whoopie::whoopie::whoopie:

Quiding

Reaction score
I am doing an owners update tomorrow in Lagunamar, anyone has any questions for them? :)

Dont really know what to expect, have no interest in buying really but wanted the gifts...
IF possible, might buy some SPG points if they have a nice price :)

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
I am doing an owners update tomorrow in Lagunamar, anyone has any questions for them? :)

Dont really know what to expect, have no interest in buying really but wanted the gifts...

We did the owners update at WLR in December. They offered us 6500 SPG pts or $100 resort credit. I really didn't jump for joy on either. We took the resort credit so we can at least enjoy happy hour more often. I would never do a tour for only 6500 points, and plus, I thought that was a little low - probably because I am SVO elite. They were low pressure and polite and professional and we were out in 90 minutes.

We didn't learn anything new other than new hotels or resorts being constructed, including "no" on Aruba. They cited it wasn't "a good business decision." After that it was off to meet with the explorer package guy but I didn't need to buy anything since my current weeks are enough.....

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
We did the owners update at WLR in December. They offered us 6500 SPG pts or $100 resort credit. I really didn't jump for joy on either. We took the resort credit so we can at least enjoy happy hour more often. I would never do a tour for only 6500 points, and plus, I thought that was a little low - probably because I am SVO elite. They were low pressure and polite and professional and we were out in 90 minutes.

More than 6500 points for a meeting. Where did this happen? I haven't had a meeting in a few years but the most I was ever offered was 5000, IIRC.

Sent from my iPad

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
6500 is the non owner rate I think.
That's what we got at WLR last year and down the timeshare rabbit hole I went.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score

Oh yes, please ask if that Platinum Plus week for $37k still available. The salesperson said the prices would be much much higher if I did not sign and buy right away but waited a year!!!!!!

Last edited:

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras

Funny.....I already own a Plat Plus week there and that's all they offered. They gave me 10,000 points last March. Glad I opted for the resort credit. - bought many more 2 for 1 HH drinks.

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Funny.....I already own a Plat Plus week there and that's all they offered. They gave me 10,000 points last March. Glad I opted for the resort credit. - bought many more 2 for 1 HH drinks.

My problem with their 241HH is that it uses the aweful well bottles, add the well bottles to the premade mixers and I did not have a single good drink from the swim up bar.

The vacation improved greatly after I took a trip to the supermarket bought a bag of ice, some juices, fresh fruits and better quality spirits (a bottle of your second cheapest tequilla my good man) and started blending.

Just favourite this page and use the free wifi
http://www.drinksmixer.com/cat/1/

Pina Collada - http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink4300.html
Tequilla Sunset - http://www.drinksmixer.com/drinkb1c9529.html

Last edited:

bobpark56

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)

We (owners) received 6500 starpoints last week at WLR...easily worth $130 or more when used for 5th-night free stays in hotels in Europe (we have Barcelona booked for April, and Amsterdam Pulitzer booked for July).

Quiding

Reaction score
In Colorado we got 8000 spg in Dec 2012.

This meeting was a great plus for us. No news though.
But my parents in law was with and their English knowledge is ok but not great. They are not owners but I am and they could leave after the tour of the site, 60min or so. Then they focused me pretty hard but when I said I was on tug they was a bit, how to say, understanding or something when I said that IF I would buy from the developer I wanted also a resale to grandfather in.

2 couples, 200usd voucher and 2 discounts on activities. Totally saved around 400 usd since we are 5 and all got discount on both activities. I must say it was worth it! Not pushy and polite, well, not THAT pushy :)

I read this now so sorry, didn't ask for the price on those..