• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

USPS Stamps Increase to $ .46

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
USPS Stamps Increase to Forty Nine Cents

Mailing a letter is about to get a little more expensive

Starting January 26, 2014
First-Class Stamps to Cost $ .49

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
My (shrinking) stash of $.40 (iirc) first-issue Forever Stamps is becoming more valuable. Inevitably, I'll have to buy more, but maybe, by online bill-pay I can stretch it out a little longer. Maybe 'til they go to a half a buck or more......:rolleyes:

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
At the begining of a new year we purchase two (2) books of forever stamps from Costco.

Save some time and a few pennies each year.

persia

Reaction score
I remember a day when receiving the mail was something special and you'd look forward to it. Now bills come in electronically, go out electronically, and email box is full of ads. Family communication is through Facetime or email. My son's school record is accessed through Chrome. Sometimes the mail sits for days before I look at it. If it weren't for Christmas Cards I won't buy a stamp ever.

No wonder the post office is in trouble.

falmouth3

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just wrote out all my gifts to charity. I saved a few pennies on each one.

I'm using up my father's stock of stamps. Sadly only worth face value - he thought he was leaving a nice investment for his kids and grand kids. And no one in the family is a collector.

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Stamps are going up to $1.00 in 2014 here in Canada. I think if you buy a book or pack, they'll be about 85 cents. I will probably buy a hundred forever stamps, that will last me for at least three years.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
When they sell the forever stamps does that money go into the budget for the current year?

Seems at some point selling them will catch up to the postal systems.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
When they sell the forever stamps does that money go into the budget for the current year?

Seems at some point selling them will catch up to the postal systems.

I am sure it counts toward current year revenue. Then all those outstanding stamps are a liability, but I don't think they track them as such.

suenmike32

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MOW
Anybody know what the "flat rate envelope" mailing cost is going up to, (if at all)?