• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Four new resorts?

loafingcactus

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
So a salesperson trying to get me to an update said I would hear about "four new resorts."

I already knew about Italy. From looking over the tug threads it looks like they are going to build a whole new Myrtle Beach thing, so maybe that counts as one. What are the other two?

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
So a salesperson trying to get me to an update said I would hear about "four new resorts."

I already knew about Italy. From looking over the tug threads it looks like they are going to build a whole new Myrtle Beach thing, so maybe that counts as one. What are the other two?

Hilton is building a timeshare in Italy? Where in Italy?

H

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Seriously, maybe I will need to buy HGVC. Will one be able to trade in?

H

Not sure. Guess they'll have to build them first before we can trade in. :rofl:

ETA: I emailed them, HGVC, to inquire. Now I've done it ! The haunting will commence tomorrow.

-

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Seriously, maybe I will need to buy HGVC. Will one be able to trade in?

H

It's restricted at the moment even for HGVC owners. I don't see it online for booking, but it was written up recently in the HGVC magazine. It looks very nice, and is sort of in the North West part of Tuscany.

It looks beautiful....

Best,

Greg

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Now I've done it ! The haunting will commence tomorrow.

Occasionally. I see "Hilton" on my caller ID.
I always let it go to voice-mail.. and delete.

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Occasionally. I see "Hilton" on my caller ID.
I always let it go to voice-mail.. and delete.

Thanks for the "heads up" on this one.
I am interested in buying, but not interested in jumping in at the developer's price.

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

Here's the article online that I spotted in the paper when I was in MB. I think there are community meetings going on re: this planned development. Stay tuned 'cause lots of Grand Strand residents are getting tired of big high-rise development and are getting more vocal and organized.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2013/07/09/3577757/new-hilton-timeshare-property.html

Reaction score
Let me check my math...four new resorts:

1. Myrtle Beach (new construction to begin fairly soon)
2. Hokulani Waikiki
3. Tuscany, Italy
4. Park City, Utah (see cover story in the newest HGVC magazine)
5. New HGVC tower to begin construction late this year at the Hilton Hawaiian Village (Waikiki)

and...

6. Ocean Tower conversion to HGVC timeshare at the Waikoloa Beach Resort on the Big Island (not yet announced officially, but mentioned on this forum recently).

Have I missed anything, rumored or otherwise?

Last edited:

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Let me check my math...four new resorts:

1. Myrtle Beach (new construction to begin fairly soon)
2. Hokulani Waikiki
3. Tuscany, Italy
4. Park City, Utah (see cover story in the newest HGVC magazine)
5. New HGVC tower to begin construction late this year at the Hilton Hawaiian Village (Waikiki)

and...

6. Ocean Tower conversion to HGVC timeshare at the Waikoloa Beach Resort on the Big Island (not yet announced officially, but mentioned on this forum recently).

Have I missed anything, rumored or otherwise?

So what's new? Most of those were published in this years resort collection.

http://www.2013clubprogram.com/resorts/

Hokulani, Tuscany, Park City...I'd say new MB construction and HHV new transit tower and HWV conversion, you got three.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
If Hilton continues to expand, I will add as our third TS.

Hilton rocks - if I didn't love MOC so much (and I love MOC) I would focus on HGVC.

Best,

Greg

loafingcactus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Aloha Ambassador! I never look at the magazine so I didn't know about any of that except for some reason I knew about Italy... don't remember why.

And Beagle, I lurv my Hilton timeshare very very much. A little network, but I get even more use out of than I had ever thought I would. I HATE Orlando the city of and didn't think I would ever find myself going there, but I Drive has become my hide-away place... I just never leave the property and I'm a happy camper.

Reaction score
My experience with the sales folks at the "owners updates" is that they are under the assumption that most of us aren't aware of what's 'blowing in the wind' (so to speak), and need them to tell us what's coming down the road as far as new resorts, etc. (And, of course, why we need to get to Elite status, like they are.) :rofl:

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
After a few emails and one telephone call ( a few left messages) from an HGVC salesperson (very nice, but vague......) I decided not to pursue this.

I am thinking more of exchanging the Cape Cod/Harwich cottage for a place in Tuscany instead of buying a unit. www.homeexchange.com

The HGVCs, sigh, are lovely and sooo tempting, but I have forgotten the MF and long-term committment of owing a top-shelf timeshare.

Last edited:

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
So what's new? Most of those were published in this years resort collection.

http://www.2013clubprogram.com/resorts/

Hokulani, Tuscany, Park City...I'd say new MB construction and HHV new transit tower and HWV conversion, you got three.

Could the 4th be HGVC at Craigendarroch Suites? :ponder:

1. Myrtle Beach (demo of old Beach View Apartments)
2. HHV new tower
3. HWV TS conversion of Ocean Tower
4. HGVC at Craigendarroch Suites (conversion of hotel units) (Lodges are different from the suites)

Maybe good news for those across the pond. But for me, no big deal. Still waiting for something in the Caribbean.