• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

King's Creek Plantation eBay auctions starting at $1

jasenj1

TUG Member
Reaction score
http://www.ebay.com/itm/210-000-CLU...10977654332?pt=Timeshares&hash=item19d6c89e3c

Here's an eBay auction for 210,000 Club Explorer points at King's Creek Plantation (KCP) in Williamsburg, VA. It is triennial usage with a maintenance fee of $1040 every three years. KCP points trade into II.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-BR-THE-CO...21024307938?pt=Timeshares&hash=item1c2d9c62e2

And here's a 3BR cottage starting at $1, too. This is a deeded floating red week that trades into RCI or II. MF is $670. You do need to pay the $500 transfer fee, but that also covers the deed transfer at the county.

We own one of these 3BR cottages and have been happy with the RCI trading power.

- Jasen.

danrucker3

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
3BR cottage Question

Can the cottage be split into a couple of different weeks, like 1 - 1BR and 1 - 2BR, or is it only as a 3BR?

If so, How is this best accomplished?

Have a good day,

jasenj1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes. the 3BR cottages can be split. When you contact the resort to reserve your week, you just ask to split it. When depositing with RCI or II you have the option of depositing 2BR, 1BR or 3BR. You get more trading power by depositing as 2 & 1.

All weeks at KCP are floaters. The way it works is at some point in the year they open it up for paying your maintenance fee and requesting your week(s). AFTER your MF is paid you can request a week(s). The earlier you do so, the better your chance of getting the week(s) you want. It works the same for depositing with RCI or II - you request a week and then deposit that week.

This is the downside to floating weeks. You have to be on your toes and be sure to pay your MF and reserve your week(s) as soon as possible. Also, to get the most trading power it is advisable to check RCI's calendar to see when you get the most for your deposit.

If all that sounds like a giant hassle, then it may be for you. In reality, it takes an hour or two of your time once a year.

I see you are in VA Beach. Another nice thing about KCP is that as an owner you get free use of all the facilities year round. They have a very large indoor pool that we go up and use during the winter.

Note: The auction is not for weeks I own. Just at a resort I also own at. It's a decent resort with very reasonable maintenance fees.

Last edited:

danrucker3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jasenj1, Thanks for the good info. Yes, I'm in VB, so the free use is attractive. I've been looking at Kings Creek for a while. I stayed there for a few days (friends were there) and thought they were very comfortable.

I think the biggest challenge would be to get the Mrs. to agree to add another MF to our budget.

Anyway, thanks for the great info and explanation. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am confused

Three Bedroom/Lockoff MF $ 670

210,000 CLUB EXPLORER POINTS @ KINGS CREEK PLANTATION, TIMESHARE SALE $1,040 (billed triennially / taxes included)

Who/Where is CLUB EXPLORER POINTS, is there a poit chart since the annual MF is 55 % higher

jasenj1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Three Bedroom/Lockoff MF $ 670
Yes.

210,000 CLUB EXPLORER POINTS @ KINGS CREEK PLANTATION, TIMESHARE SALE $1,040 (billed triennially / taxes included)

Who/Where is CLUB EXPLORER POINTS, is there a poit chart since the annual MF is 55 % higher
Here's a points chart. "Club Explorer Points" are KCP's points. For exchanging, they go through Interval International. 210,000 points is equivalent to a 4BR unit and is KCP's highest point package.

I have no idea how "Explorer Points" translate to II points - the linked document may explain it; I own a week so don't know much about KCP's points.

jasenj1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the biggest challenge would be to get the Mrs. to agree to add another MF to our budget.

KCP has a resort run rental program for the weeks (not points, I don't think). Every year, you can opt to drop your week into the rental program and get some amount back. We put our 2012 week in the rental program and will get our share of the $$$ in 2013, so I don't know how good a deal it really is yet. In theory, we should get our MF back and a little more.

Here's the rental program rules. Basically, the earlier you put your week in the rental program, the bigger slice of the entire rental income pie you get. KCP keeps 30% of the rental price. Yeah, it's kinda complicated.

For the two auctions originally mentioned, the auction says the buyer is responsible for 2013's MF. So you'd have to pay that and likely have a poor chance of reserving anything worthwhile the first year. And the 2013 rental program is closed. AND, 2014's MF and reservations can start being made as soon as 2013 rolls around. (Did I mention it is a bit complicated? :p)

So if you wanted to get the 2013 week you'd have to pay the auction price, transfer fee ($500, which includes the title transfer and deed recording), 2013 MF ($670). Then when 2013 rolls around you'd want to pay 2014's MF ASAP so you could reserve a good week either for use, trading or depositing in the rental program. Whew! So winning a $1 auction could quickly turn into an almost $2000 outlay in a couple month's timeframe.

Sorry if this is way too much information. Getting a good value from a timeshare can be a little complicated to get started. But once you understand and get things rolling I don't think it's too bad.

- Jasen.

jasenj1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I see someone bought the points for $10.50. Anyone from here?
The cottage has a $1 bid on it. Looks like that'll go for a steal, too.

danrucker3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jasen...Looks like I won't be able to do anything this time around. If you can, drop me a note if you see cottage go up again after the new year.

It looks like you keep an eye on them.

Have a wonderful Christmas - Dan

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Set up a saved search on eBay, they will drop you a line when what your looking for shows up