• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Daily Deal Promos w/ Accommodation Certificates

badbeatjackpot

TUG Member
Reaction score
II is having Daily Deal Promos

I've never had an AC before. They are giving these away in the daily deals. What kind of restriction do ACs come with?
I understand that one of the restrictions is to only book 59 days out however my question is regarding areas of availability etc.
If I see a resort within the flexchange period on online availibility, would I be able to book that with an AC, or are there far more restrictions?

I am thinking about booking an exchange if the AC is good for flexchange and I can pretty much grab whatever I see online within flexchange period, but if there are more restrictions, I would rather just wait to find a better exchange...

THank you

tashamen

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
There are so many different types of ACs that it's hard to answer this without asking II. From the fine print on their website all I can tell is that it can only be used within flexchange. Whether it will pull anything during that time or has a grid is not specified.

Most ACs I've had have had a grid that shows which months and locations are available, but I've never had one good just within 59 days. Your best bet is to ask them.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
ACs have really had their value drop over the last couple of years. They use to be great and hold the same value as a deposited week. Now, they are tied to a grid....even in the grid, you may not see units with higher BR counts and then I have recently found out during flex they can't be used for all resorts. When trying to get a Williamsburg unit within flex I could see with a deposited week but not with the AC. When I called...they told me the resort made that call, not them. Not really sure if I believe it.

In the end...if this is an exchange you were going to make anyway, why not just do it. Nothing lost if you can't use the AC for something you are looking for.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Call and ask I.I. if it's tied to a grid. If it is and if it's only good during the flexchange period, then IMHO it's essentially worthless. The areas will be overdeveloped and during shoulder season at best or, it will be for lower quality resorts. At any rate the AC's typically pull I.I.'s waste vs anything of value. Interval recieved few bucks on the membership fee members have to pay, they recieved a few bucks on the exchange fee and now they're looking to dump the remaining units for virtually any price.

Now if the AC will see any resort available during the flexchange period and if you can travel on relatively short notice (in timeshare terms at least), then the AC has some value. There are the occasional real gems that pop up during flexchange. Back when flexchange units held a little more value I enjoyed shopping them during the 59 day window and, if we could have gone, saw some really good exchanges. For the last few years anything they've offered me was tied to their grid, even in flexchange, making them all but worthless to us. Thus I never make an exchange or deposit based on the availability of an AC.

I choose what I want as an exchange and what/when I want to deposit based on our needs, not Interval's desires. I've found I can accompish so much more for less money with a simple studio deposit than I can recieve with the last AC's they've given us.

Then again, we own enough timeshare weeks that we really don't have to put up with the restrictions AC's are tied too. If you're looking to stretch you value, if it was an exchange you were planning on making and, if the resort you're looking at exchanging into comes with the AC then you really have nothing to lose. If you're really not interested in the resort Interval requires you exchange into to get the AC, then you could be disappointed with both the exchange and the value of the AC. IMO that's not a good deal.

donnaval

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The ACs I've been given all work only within a 30-day period, not 59. I haven't been able to use any of them :(

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
I received an AC during the recent promotion. It is good for 90 days out and it tied to a grid and not all locations are available all-year (for example, I can see that So Cal San Diego area is on the grid, but not in the next 90 days, and I can't tell what part of the year it will be available for). My deposit was a studio, therefore the AC is for a studio.

I have seen some decently nice stuff with it, although I have not searched extensively. For example, in September: Palm Springs Marriotts, Grand Luxxe Riveria Maya and Nuevo Vallarta, Phoenix Marriotts, Orlando Marriotts, Royal Islander, Suites at Polo Towers.

Admittedly, these are very off-peak weeks, but for $160 per week, I would be ok with most of these uses of the AC if I were looking to go somewhere. C'mon, that works out to $22/ night, pretty darn cheap. Especially given the fact that I already have obtained a really nice exchange and will also be getting an XYZ.

You should get details on the AC from II within 48 hrs of your exchange being confirmed.

H

Calyn79

TUG Member
Reaction score
II's A/C are pretty much worthless these days as they all are tied to a grid. It used to be that if you received one for a deposited week, it would pull any available flex-time (59 days) resort and that is not available any more and you could also use it to search for other interests up to its year's expiry date....but no more. The grid just blocks you.

For my use and travel interest anything showing on II's grid system is useless. No need to jump for joy at receiving II's A/C any more. :mad: