• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Combined [TPU's]

gnipgnop

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else seen an add in RCI saying: Deposit your week today and combine your TPU's for FREE? Or was I dreaming????:shrug:

jhac007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ko Olina BC, Waioha BC, Crystal Shores (2 Gold), Kierland (Gold Plus), Ocean Pointe, Eagle's Nest, Vistana BC, Villas at Doral, Mizner Place, Windward Pointe, Star Island
Has anyone else seen an add in RCI saying: Deposit your week today and combine your TPU's for FREE? Or was I dreaming????:shrug:

They also sent out e-mails advertising the same!

Jim

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please, I want to know more because I have been thinking about depositing & combini

I just went on RCI and don't see an ad.

They also sent out e-mails advertising the same!

Jim

I get RCI emails all the time, but no advertising for this.

I have TPUs expiring in July and Sept that I want to combine and have been contemplating a couple of deposits for exchanges to Hawaii. This would definitely encourage me to go ahead and just do it!

I'd like the details so that when I call and the Guide says "No, we don't have anything like that", then I can act like I know what I'm talking about.

Thanks!

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got it by e-mail but I think it said deposit your week TODAY and combine your TPU's for free. That is why I was asking ~ and hoping that someone else can clairify this for us. If I don't get any answers here I will call RCI (which I hate to do) and ask for some answers. I'll get back and let you know what I find out.

EGRET1986 - I just talked to Jason at RCI - he said that if you deposit your week between 4-16 and 4-30 you will be able to combine your TPU's for free. That is a savings of $109.00. Good deal!

Last edited:

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I got it by e-mail but I think it said deposit your week TODAY and combine your TPU's for free. That is why I was asking ~ and hoping that someone else can clairify this for us. If I don't get any answers here I will call RCI (which I hate to do) and ask for some answers. I'll get back and let you know what I find out.

EGRET1986 - I just talked to Jason at RCI - he said that if you deposit your week between 4-16 and 4-30 you will be able to combine your TPU's for free. That is a savings of $109.00. Good deal!

That's a great deal! Thanks for the follow-up and making the dreaded call to RCI. :hi:

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your welcome......so glad to help. Here's a little more information. I also asked Jason "How do I collect this benefit ~ I don't see anywhere on line that tells me my combo. is Free? He said, "a Guide will call (phone) and offer the Combined TPU's to me". WELL, HERE'S HOPEING. :shrug:
If you take advantage of this benefit and you hear from them, please let me know and I will do the same.

Ridewithme38

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is a positive, when you deposit a week you get 3 yrs to use it, but when you combine deposits, you only get 2yrs, basiclly, you're losing a years worth of use by doing this

MichaelColey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I made a deposit on 4/18. I have several deposit credits and small deposits I'd like to combine, but not enough (yet) to be worth the $109 fee. I tried combining online, but the site asks for the $109. I'll have to wait and see if I get a call, or I might call later this month if I don't hear.

I also have a couple other deposits to make later this month. They were going to II, but I could send one RCI's way if it gives me a free combine.

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
MICHAEL: If you hear anything of interest will you please post and let us know. Sometimes these things work and sometimes they don't. Never sure.
Thanks

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
RIDE: Not combining the new deposit.......going to combine older ones and a couple of small left overs. I was going to do it anyway but now that I can do it for Free (maybe) It's a GREAT DEAL and a positive.

Last edited:

Ridewithme38

TUG Member
Reaction score
RIDE: Not combining the new deposit.......going to combine older ones and a couple of small left overs. I was going to do it anyway but now that I can do it for Fee (maybe) It's a GREAT DEAL and a positive.

Ahh! I didn't realize that was possible, i thought the deal was you deposit a new week and combine THAT with an old/left over deposit/credit and THAT was free!

If i don't have to use the new deposit as part of the combine, this is a good deal!

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, hopefully we will soon find out all the details. I'm not positive on any of the facts other than what the Guide, Jason told me about a call I should receive. I'll be sure to ask questions and post as soon as I find out the details.

jhac007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ko Olina BC, Waioha BC, Crystal Shores (2 Gold), Kierland (Gold Plus), Ocean Pointe, Eagle's Nest, Vistana BC, Villas at Doral, Mizner Place, Windward Pointe, Star Island
I just went on RCI and don't see an ad.

I get RCI emails all the time, but no advertising for this.

I have TPUs expiring in July and Sept that I want to combine and have been contemplating a couple of deposits for exchanges to Hawaii. This would definitely encourage me to go ahead and just do it!

I'd like the details so that when I call and the Guide says "No, we don't have anything like that", then I can act like I know what I'm talking about.

Thanks!

These are links fron the RCI e-mail.

Jim

http://rcicdn.http.internapcdn.net/rcicdn/120316RC-Free-Combine/hero_1.jpg
http://rcicdn.http.internapcdn.net/rcicdn/120316RC-Free-Combine/hero_2.jpg

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score

chewie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank God again for TUG. I knew nothing of this deal until 15 minutes ago. I deposited my KCR II week for 2013 on Monday of this week and combined it with several left-over TPUs.

I just got off the phone with RCI and they are refunding my combine fee of $109!

Is this a great country or what?

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeehaaa for you Chewie!:cheer: That was good thinking and making that call to RCI was worth the effort. I think instead of waiting to hear from them I am going to call also and see if they will do this over the phone. (Although, I hate to combine my new deposit with the old). Like Rider said......we will lose a year on that one. Gee, is losing a year worth $109.00?? Hmmm, I think so. I need travel plans for 2014 anyway and that is when this combo. will end.

Here's another thought.........if we combine the TPU's now, April 2012 and they are only good for two years....does that mean thet we have to travel by April, 2014? I was looking for summer time in 2014 and obviously that comes after April. Oh Good Grief!:shrug:

Ridewithme38

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's another thought.........if we combine the TPU's now, April 2012 and they are only good for two years....does that mean thet we have to travel by April, 2014? I was looking for summer time in 2014 and obviously that comes after April. Oh Good Grief!:shrug:

if you combine today:

Travel Window:
Apr-2012 - Apr-2014

eal

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well I just called RCI and they said that the offer was only being made to "targeted members" - with certain desirable resorts - and was not available to me.

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this new factoid about the offer

Well I just called RCI and they said that the offer was only being made to "targeted members" - with certain desirable resorts - and was not available to me.

I guess that I will have to call RCI and find out if the week or weeks I am considering for deposit are desirable enough. None of the ones that I am considering are known to RCI. Everything I show available for deposit in RCI are long gone (sold).

eal

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
When I called no one had a list to check for eligible weeks, I was told just to wait for an email (or til hell freezes over...)

SOS8260456

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I made a deposit on Friday, I asked the guide about it. He put me on hold for quite a while and then came back and said that I qualified for it, but that another department will be contacting me via telephone. Since I plan on making a few more deposits before the end of April, I hope he is correct. If I don't hear from them, I will call them back after I do the other deposits.

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds like more game-playing by RCI.

When I called no one had a list to check for eligible weeks, I was told just to wait for an email (or til hell freezes over...)

When I made a deposit on Friday, I asked the guide about it. He put me on hold for quite a while and then came back and said that I qualified for it, but that another department will be contacting me via telephone. Since I plan on making a few more deposits before the end of April, I hope he is correct. If I don't hear from them, I will call them back after I do the other deposits.

Sit around, hoping and waiting for that potentially "elusive" email and/or telephone call, with fingers crossed.

On the other hand, I never would have known anything about this promotion if not for TUG. RCI never offered me this "combine" opportunity. If I decide to deposit, I guess I'll do it just because, instead of depositing because RCI is going to waive one of their ever increasing fees. :rolleyes:

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good deal, Chewie! SOS8260456, you could do the combine and then ask for a refund.

Thank God again for TUG. I knew nothing of this deal until 15 minutes ago. I deposited my KCR II week for 2013 on Monday of this week and combined it with several left-over TPUs.

I just got off the phone with RCI and they are refunding my combine fee of $109!

Is this a great country or what?

After all, the guide said you qualified for it. And we all know that RCI will do anything to keep their members happy. ;)

MichaelColey

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's not unusual for companies to offer targeted offers.

If it pans out, I'll make a free combine (that I wasn't planning on making and don't need to make, but that might become useful) later this month. If it doesn't pan out, I'll wait and combine when I have enough deposits and deposit credits to make it worth the fee.

FWIW, a "free combine" doesn't cost RCI anything, so it's a great thing for them to give away, especially if they can pull in some desirable deposits that they might not have otherwise received. In this way, it will benefit me (and other RCI members) even if we aren't targeted with the offer.

Honeydew

TUG Member
Reaction score
ref. #

I called RCI yesterday to make a deposit in order to take advantage of the free combining of TPU's. I did receive an email and the the guide, Josh who I was speaking to did ask me for the reference number on my email. I figured I would post it since I did not see it anywhere listed above.
Reference #: 204865 (I would imagine it is all the same code)

Josh advised me that once the deposit was confirmed in 3-5 days, I would receive a call from RCI about combining. He also stated that I did NOT have to combine my existing TPU's (two seperate weeks that had leftovers) with the week I was depositing; that just they could be combined.

So now I just wait and see.....

Last edited: