• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Winter 2011/12 Meet-Up thread for HI lovers

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jealous at the extreme! Look at Calyn--almost 4 mos. on the same island!

philemer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
:clap: Marcia and Wayne will be at Ka'anapali Beach Club Jan. 28-4. Second week TBD. 1st time to Maui so all tips will be appreciated. :wave:

Watch this thread for a Jan/Feb "Tugger DO" announcement. :cheer: We'll give you plenty of tips at the "DO".

Last edited:

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Maui Jan 21-27.
Second week to be determined.

Sandy Kraft:wave:

:clap: Marcia and Wayne will be at Ka'anapali Beach Club Jan. 28-4. Second week TBD. 1st time to Maui so all tips will be appreciated. :wave:

Are we the only three who will be on Maui the end of January? Hard to believe! :whoopie: Looks like we will have to have TWO DOs.

Sandy, how about Jan. 23rd or 24th at a restaurant in Whaler's Village area?

marlee73, how about same location on Jan. 28th? Or, Kihei area Jan. 29th>Feb. 3rd? We're flexible.

sunshine4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are we the only three who will be on Maui the end of January? Hard to believe! :whoopie: Looks like we will have to have TWO DOs.

marlee73, how about same location on Jan. 28th? Or, Kihei area Jan. 29th>Feb. 3rd? We're flexible.

:cool: The 28th may be good. I will get back to you when I get my other weeks booked. My brother and his wife are coming to. This is a retirement trip for all of us.
? Are you able to snorkel in Maui in Jan.

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
Kona, Big Island Feb 15-March 2

Feb 15-17 WM Kona ( owner)
Feb17-24 Kona Coast Resort Phase 2 (II)
Feb 24-March 2 Wyndham Royal Sea Cliff (RCI)

This will be our first visit to Hawaii.
You'll love the BI and it's good to stay multiple
Weeks

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
Big Island 12/01 to 12/08 at Paniolo Greens. Then on Maui, Maui Hill (I think) 12/08 to 12/15.
Liz

Hey liz, maybe we can finally get together this year, we re on the BI nov 15 to Dec 15!

Sunnydude

TUG Member
Reaction score
While we wait for our purchase at Westin Kierland to be completed, we have rented a week at Westin Kaanapali North from a fellow tugger from 1/13 - 1/20

sandra kraft

TUG Member
Reaction score
meet up

Phil, either date sounds great and Whaler's Village - perfect! We can get more specific as the date gets closer. I still do not have airline reservations or second week reserved.

Sandy

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maybe I'll finally be able to meet a real live Tugger in person, just to prove they DO exist! :)

Dave

Dave
I follow your posts a lot. We stay in Renton often to visit family, our son lives in Issaquah, my dad lives in Oak Harbor...we are real live TUGGERS too!

sunshine4

TUG Member
Reaction score
:cool: The 28th may be good. I will get back to you when I get my other weeks booked. My brother and his wife are coming to. This is a retirement trip for all of us.
? Are you able to snorkel in Maui in Jan.

Ok I just confirmed the other week Jan 21-28 Kauai. So the 28th should work. :whoopie:

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We just met James and Marlene Hackett and their friends yesterday in Kona. Also visited their unit (3 BD 3 BA) at Kona Coast resort.

had a wonderful time.
Looking forward to more.

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Club on the Big Island with the family 11/19-27, and Ko'olina with my teen daughter 12/17-12/24. Twice in one month; how decadent is that?

We're down here at Sea Moutnain resort right by the Black Sand Beach if you are down this way, like Friday?

we'll drive up to Kona for Thanksgiving with my brother and family.
Joan

PClapham

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark
Foxrun
Can we get a summary of any planned meetings in Hawaii? We're especially interested in

1. Kona Dec. 31-Jan. 6 (Kona Coast)
and
2. Kauai Jan. 6-13. (Point at Poipu)

Let me know who will be at either....

Looks like Calyn and jackandsara will overlap with us on Kauai and
Rancher will overlap with us on Kona.

Anitak

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
jackandsara

Aloha,
We'll be at Kauai Beach Villas for three weeks 12/24/11 - 1/14/2012. We're still not sure which dates if any our daughters will join us.
Jack

We're just down the road at Pono Kai from 1226-1/5. Let me know if you want to meet.

Calyn79

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jealous at the extreme! Look at Calyn--almost 4 mos. on the same island!
Yup - that's us, and loving every moment of it. You simply can't have a bad day in paradise. During our 1st 3 wks here the weather has been great - yesterday we experienced our 1st real rain showers (except those at night) as we migrated to the north shore for a week at the Cliffs Club, but the sun returned today here. On the way up we met up with Tuggers 'sailingman' at the Pono Kai who also hail from B.C. and had a good chat. Back to the Lawai Beach next week.

cheers and good travels to all heading this way this winter
PM me is you'd like to meet up. :whoopie:

dboy1

TUG Member
Reaction score
holidays

Waikiki Banyon Dec.18-Jan 14 Counting down the days---14 days and 9 hours:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Time to bump this thread. Anyone still interested?

Maui- 1/22>2/5
B.I.- 2/5> 2/18

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Sandy & marlee73, still a go?

sunshine4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Phil, we do not get into Maui till 5:15 I am not sure we can get rental car and checked in and back to meet you till 8:30. Is that to late? We are only coming from Kauai so no jet lag to deal with. If not what other night is good for you. Sunday? Are you guys anywhere close to us? We are at Kaannapoli Beach Resort.

nygiants11991

TUG Member
Reaction score
Never thought I could be so jealous of so many people at the same time. Alas, I will wait until September, 2012 when I'll be spending almost 4 weeks on Oahu, BI and Maui.

Have fun this winter, everyone.

Walt & Sue

If there was a like button, I would have to press it on this quote. We just got back from almost 2 weeks on Oahu & Maui. Already planning my 2013 trip to Oahu & Kauai :cheer: Moste likely sometime April/May 2013

meatsss

TUG Member
Reaction score
At LBR on Kauai through the 27th

Call us at the resort in room 2304 if you are nearby or leave a reply here. We may be here, or in the ocean, or on the golf course, or up in Hanalei. Who knows where we'll be? :)

Hornet441

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're alway in for a beverage. We will be in phase I and the couple we are travelling with are in II. We''l try to remember to PM when we arrive.
3 more sleeps!:cheer:

We'll be on the Big Island as well -- Kona Coast Resort II from Feb 12-22, 2012. Would love to meet up for a beverage sometime. If you're game, let's exchange unit numbers once we get there via PM.

ChrisandBeth: We've been to the Big Island several times so don't hesitate to drop me an email if you have questions. This may be your first visit, but if you're anything like us, it won't be your last!

CatLovers

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're alway in for a beverage. We will be in phase I and the couple we are travelling with are in II. We''l try to remember to PM when we arrive.
3 more sleeps!:cheer:

No idea whether we're in Phase 1 or 2! But we'll be there on the 12th. I'll PM you our cell phone number.

Kauai Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thought it might be fun to see who is going to be in HI this winter so maybe a few get-togethers could be arranged. I'll start:

Maui 1/22>2/5 (Maui Schooner & then Kahana Falls)

B.I. 2/5>2/18 (Wyndham KHR and then HGVC at Waikoloa)

Phil & Sue

how was your experience at the schooner?

are they doing any remodeling yet?

mahalo, sterling