• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Point Question...again

danrucker3

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello my fellow TUGgers!

I have recently acquired EOY 105K Wyndham contract (From fellow TUGger). I picked it for access to RCI (with a "bonus" Wyndham vacation) and their Last Call vacations. :whoopie:

So now I'm looking for the most efficient way to utilize those 105K.

Here is my hypothetical question. Say I'm looking at Bonnet Creek (Orlando, FL) during a Value week for 84K. What can I do with the remaining 21K? What should I do with the remaining points? :ponder:

I look forward to the responses and ideas.

Last edited:

siesta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Deposit it in RCI or find a two night stay somewhere

massvacationer

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think you should credit pool your points, which will allow you to build up a big enough pile of points to make additional reservations.

danrucker3

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think you should credit pool your points, which will allow you to build up a big enough pile of points to make additional reservations.

I only own 1 Wyndham property, could you better explain. Do you mean I could pool those 24K points over a couple of years? Pooled points are good for three years right? Isn't there a fee for doing this?

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The minimum number to pool is 27,000, so dumping them in RCI won't work.

You would have to probably add a day to the Bonnet Creek stay to come as close to 105,000 as you can. Remember if you are short one day or less in points, you can "rent" the points from Wyndham. So say you needed (totally made up numbers here) 99,000 points for an 8 day stay or 112,000 points for a 9 day stay. You could rent the 7,000 points needed to complete the last (ninth) day of the stay.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Forget RCI,,,your points in RCI wont do any more for you any more using the points in the Wyndham system...You will still find yourself in a use it or lose it situation there

assuming your use year hasnt yet started, Use Wyndhams points credit pool

Before the begining of your use year, deposit all your points into the points credit pool...They will be good for 3 years from the date of deposit. and do the same thing every year

That way you can take your 84000 point vacation, will still have 3 years to use the left over 21000 points. Add them your next issue of 105000 points..If there are left overs, They will be combined with your next issue...and so on and so on

Last edited:

learnalot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Forget RCI,,,your points in RCI wont with the management of your points any more using the points in the Wyndham system...You will still find yourself in a use it or lose it situation there

Before the begining of your use year, deposit all your points into the points credit pool...They will be good for 3 years from the date of deposit. and do the same thing every year

That way you can take your 84000 point vacation, will still have 3 years to use the left over 21000 points. Add them your next issue of 105000 points..If there are left overs, They will be combined with your next issue...and so on and so on

Agree. The scenario Ron outlines will work if the use year for the points hasn't started. If it has started and you aren't able to use them this year, you CAN stil deposit them to RCI, but you will have to put some points from a later use year in along with them in order to meet the minimum 27K deposit requirement.

Marge007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, there is a fee to credit pool. However I have never done it and cannot remember the cost (which has probably changed as do all things Wyndham...)

danrucker3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Forget RCI,,,your points in RCI wont do any more for you any more using the points in the Wyndham system...You will still find yourself in a use it or lose it situation there

Ron; my current points are: 2012 Travel
From.................Expiration.........Points Available...HK
Jan 1, 2012 thru Dec 31, 2012....105,000.............106

I just want to make sure I have this right: I should deposit them into the Wyndham system, use the 84K and then I have 21K left over for the next deposit. I have up to three years to add more points and use them; correct?

rrlongwell

Reaction score
Ron; my current points are: 2012 Travel
From.................Expiration.........Points Available...HK
Jan 1, 2012 thru Dec 31, 2012....105,000.............106

I just want to make sure I have this right: I should deposit them into the Wyndham system, use the 84K and then I have 21K left over for the next deposit. I have up to three years to add more points and use them; correct?

I know this was for Ron, but, you are close. If you deposit your 105,000 points into the credit pool then use 84,000 points leaviing a balance, unlike RCI, you do not need to deposit more points into the credit pool. Just call reservations and make a reservation telling them to use your remaining credit pool points first. Works like a charm. You do not have to pay a second fee for the credit pool that way.

danrucker3

TUG Member
Reaction score
rrlongwell: Thanks..you answered my questions...whoo hoo I love TUG!!
I hope everyone has a good day,
Dan