• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II: Accomandation Certificate ...my first one

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay, got the email that I ramdonly was selected for this. $199 redemmation fee. Good thru Jan 2012.

Is this common? What might trigger this? I just did an II exchange in August and don't have a big track record exchanging with them.

Did anyone else get one?

yumdrey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ha ha!
Congrats!!
I could see my AC three weeks ago already, and got an e-mail notification today. What a slow system!
Check their grid, and their fee ($199).
I thought XYZ is much better than AC.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
AC
Somedays when I searched in flexchange the grid disappeared and somedays it did not. Even when the grid disappeared some inventory did not show for the AC that I could see with a regular week. Even though XYZ is slightly less expensive and somewhat less restirictive the AC is good in that ...

You can use it to grab something that you see when the reservation office is closed and/or you think might disappear before you get an agent who understands XYZ on the line.

If you want something that works with the grid you can start an ongoing search rather than check manually.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Linda,

I didn't get one this year since I don't own my FLBR anymore, but last year got one for the first time ever. Worked nicely for a 3 bedroom Grande Vista.
I think they were just giving them to people who they thought might have been on the fence about depositing.:rolleyes:

Mine was for Ft. Laud BR and this was the first time they had given me one for my summer week. I usually gave this unit to RCI for the VRI preference. Is this one of your FLBR weeks?:confused:

PClapham

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark
Foxrun
Linda, could you explain to me what the vri preference is in rbi?

thanks

anitak

PClapham

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark
Foxrun
Linda, could you explain to me what the vri preference is in rci?

thanks

anitak

PClapham

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark
Foxrun
3 Rd try maybe lucky

Chriskre, could you please explain what the vri preference is?

thanks

Anitak

Ps- new iPad!

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
VRI is considered a mini-system. In RCI Points, you get to book other VRI resorts at the 11 month out mark, verse the normal 10 months for everyone else.

I am not sure what the VRI preference is for RCI Weeks as it is now TPU based.

FLBR is both RCI and II affiliated.

Chriskre - I did deposited FLBR weeks in RCI, but never II. I only have put my Star Island week into II.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
3 Rd try maybe lucky

Chriskre, could you please explain what the vri preference is?

thanks

Anitak

Ps- new iPad!

The VRI preference is when as a VRI owner you have preferential booking priority for a certain period of time into other VRI properties. It was the only way I was able to pull anything in SW Florida that was larger than my unit in RCI. I could get Beach Club I 2 bedroom for a 1 bedroom FLBR.

In II, I never had much luck so didn't bother depositing it there until they enticed me with an AC which I did use for a 3 bedroom at Grande Vista. I've since given this unit away so am not sure if the VRI preference still exists in RCI or not. I've heard it doesn't anymore but not sure.:shrug:

Anyways, since I don't own VRI anymore I've been happy to discover that Platinum Interchange and Trading Places can get access to VRI inventory thru their trading partners. I'm gonna give them a shot and see if I can get back into Beach Club I with them. :D

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
VRI is considered a mini-system. In RCI Points, you get to book other VRI resorts at the 11 month out mark, verse the normal 10 months for everyone else.

I am not sure what the VRI preference is for RCI Weeks as it is now TPU based.

FLBR is both RCI and II affiliated.

Chriskre - I did deposited FLBR weeks in RCI, but never II. I only have put my Star Island week into II.

Then I think these AC's are just a marketing scheme that II's come up with to get us to deposit. I guess they want anyone and everyone to deposit. At least they're trying. ;)

Calyn79

TUG Member
Reaction score
II's A/C's used to be so much better in that you could grab any resort that showed up in the 59-day window so long as your a/c was for the higher number of bedrooms. There was no restrictive grid blockade.

Now....with their very restrictive grid system, it appears they are only allowing you access to where II has surplus deposits. For me, a/cs are now pretty much a waste of time. I guess it just depends on where you live too and where you travel to. Prior to their new system I believe that you could put in a request also.

I got mine by depositing a week not knowing about the new grid. They won't be getting that week of mine again.

funtime

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do not consider it a ploy to get more deposits as the AC's are unrestricted as to any requirement for depositing. And, I think it is a great idea - the fall and early winter are slow times for timesharing and II clearly has excess inventory so if I were an II executive, I would ask myself - why not try to use it. I know that some folks cannot use these ACs but there are others of us who are self employed, retired or otherwise free to go somewhere. It may be that you get one if you signed up for the enchanced service whatever that is called. I just used mine to snag a two bedroom at Marriott Canyon Villas on December 9th. It should be a great little getaway and getting to Phoenix is not too expensive. Funtime