• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Florida Atty General goes after Upfront Fee Companies!!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hopefully this new law will have some teeth! Kudos to him, I hope this becomes a regular sort of announcement on TUG!

NEWS RELEASE

For Immediate Release

November 2, 2009

Phone: 850.245.0150

Sandi.Copes@myfloridalegal.com

ATTORNEY GENERAL: INJUNCTION SOUGHT AGAINST TWO TIMESHARE RESALE COMPANIES

TALLAHASSEE, FL – Attorney General Bill McCollum today announced that his office has filed a lawsuit and has requested an emergency injunction against two related South Florida timeshare resale marketing companies. Universal Marketing Solutions, Creative Vacation Solutions, and owner/manager Jennifer Kirk allegedly collected over $4 million in marketing fees on a monthly basis, but rarely if ever marketed, advertised, or facilitated sales for the timeshare owners who had contracts with the companies. The injunction requests the companies’ cease doing any timeshare business while the lawsuit is pending.

An investigation conducted by the Attorney General’s Economic Crimes Division indicated that Kirk and her companies were charging marketing fees as high as $2,500 for timeshare resale advertising services.

The companies were soliciting hundreds of consumers nationwide via the internet and though aggressive telemarketing calls, allegedly making empty promises and false misrepresentations that they would actively match timeshare sellers with prospective buyers. According to the lawsuit, when prospective buyers contact the companies to purchase a timeshare, no attempt would be made by the companies to match those prospective buyers with sellers who had contracted with the companies, thus making the advertising and marketing claims a complete sham.

To solicit more customers, the companies allegedly boasted of their “superior marketing tools,” including marketing events, presentations and seminars. Kirk and her companies allegedly claimed they could “definitely” sell timeshares within a certain period of time and that they had buyers waiting with approved financing to buy the consumers’ timeshare. Consumers were also verbally assured contract terms during telemarketing calls, but were furnished contracts with entirely different terms regarding the resale services.

Additionally, the companies would allegedly charge consumers’ credit cards or cash consumers’ checks without and/or before obtaining a signed written contract from the consumer delineating all the terms and conditions of the services to be provided.

Consumers who complained to the Attorney General’s Office reported that the companies have not performed the promised services and that they were unable to contact the companies or get refunds. The Attorney General's Office believes that there could a total of more than 400 victims affected by the two companies' deceptive practices, and has been receiving approximately 10 complaints per day against these companies. The lawsuit seeks an injunction prohibiting the defendants from engaging in any timeshare resale business while the litigation is pending. The lawsuit also requests full restitution on behalf of all victimized consumers, civil penalties, and reimbursement for fees and costs related to the investigation.

Consumers may file a complaint about Universal Marketing Solutions or Creative Vacation Solutions by visiting the Attorney General’s website at http://www.myfloridalegal.com or by calling the fraud hotline at 1- 866-966-7226.

A copy of a consumer affidavit form and instructions is available online at:
http://myfloridalegal.com/webfiles.nsf/WF/KGRG-7XBT2F/$file/TimeshareAffidavit.pdf

A copy of the lawsuit is available online at:
http://myfloridalegal.com/webfiles.nsf/WF/MRAY-7XENWJ/$file/ComplaintForInjunctiveRelief.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:

l2trade

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great news! Thank you Attorney General Bill McCollum! Big kudos to all who help expose these crooks. This gives me hope. It's awesome to be able to search Tug to find warning about these all too common scams and become a much more informed timeshare user. We have some truly dedicated, caring and honest people moderating these boards. Thank you!

winbett

Reaction score
I hope this opens up a new string of complaints to get rid of the rest of the crooks in the same buiness, maybe the phone at supper time might just start to quiet down. Good Work

carl2591

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joined TUG '96, Wyndham Grand Palms AKA, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, 3 bed lockout.
have anyone sent a message to Sandi Copes letting them know TUG is online and this press release is very important news to those that have gotten scammed by this and other up front fees companies out there.. they could have a field day on this alone...

did they actually send this to you bryan or did you just happen to pick this up on the wire service..

good news none the less..

this is worthy of a front page special I think.

might be time to upgrade the homepage with special "must see" section that highlights special stuff like this press release from the attorney general of florida office..

just a thought and no I don't have a good idea how to make it happen :bawl:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
came on one of my web alerts, as well as through individuals who sent it to me in email.

I attempted to email the author of the article, but the email bounced.

Reaction score
Nationwide Marketing Is A Scam!!!!

THIS IS THE OWNER OF NATIONWIDE MARKETING SOLUTIONS AND MAGNUM ADVERTISING IN SOUTH FLORIDA.THEY KEEP MOVING THEIR OFFICES FROM LAKE WORTH TO SUNRISE FLORIDA AND BACK WHENEVER THEY GET HOT.LOOK HELMUT UP ON PALM BEACH COUNTY JAIL.HE IS THERE UNDER NO BOND.BUT HIS THUGS ARE RUNNING THE BUSINESS FOR HIM.SO IF HE RIPPED YOU OFF CALL THE PALM BEACH COUNTY POLICE AND ASK FOR THE DETETIVE IN CHARGE OF HIS CASE.FEEL FREE TO E-MAIL ME FOR ANYMORE INFO.HELMUT IS ALSO BEING HELD ON A FEW DRUG CHARGES NOW.......

WEST PALM BEACH — Helmut Karl Goellnitz wanted to send this message to the owners of a North Palm Beach beauty salon, federal authorities said: Don't mess with Helmut Karl Goellnitz.

Goellnitz wasn't happy when the employees of Touchee Hair Salon, at 11585 U.S. 1, didn't drop everything to accommodate his girlfriend, who wasn't satisfied with eyelash extensions she had gotten there in June, according to federal court documents unsealed on Thursday.

So Goellnitz, 46, of Greenacres hired two men to smash the salon's windows and burn it down, the documents said.

The arson plot came to light after Goellnitz's alleged henchmen were caught and turned on him, according to a sworn statement by Special Agent Hugh O'Connor of the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

After months of investigation, O'Connor found that Goellnitz hired Rashad Dansby, who worked with Goellnitz at Nationwide Marketing Solutions in Lake Worth, to burn down the hair salon for $1,000.

"Goellnitz told Dansby that he wanted somebody to make a statement not to mess with him and he 'was going to show them,' " O'Connor said in his statement.

Dansby, in turn, hired an airport shuttle driver named Derek Litman to commit the crime, and Litman set fire to the salon on June 18, O'Connor said. A sprinkler system eventually extinguished the fire.

On the night of the arson, Goellnitz and his girlfriend, identified in documents as "Kristen," met with two people in Groveland about a business venture. Goellnitz apologized for being late, the people later told authorities, because he had a problem with a hair salon and had to pay someone to "burn the son of a (expletive) down."

Goellnitz was arrested and charged with arson, and taken to the Palm Beach County Jail. He's awaiting his next hearing in federal court

Last edited by a moderator:

JMAESD84

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ummm if this is street justice for someone with a customer service complaint at a hair salon.

I wonder what kind of street justice you get for defrauding folks out of tens of thousands of dollars? In my opinion, creeps like this deserve everything they've got coming to them.

jtg

Reaction score
How do I email you? I wanted to see about Helmut Goellnitz the owner of those companies.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

marines2182

Reaction score
Lies & Fabrication

THIS IS THE OWNER OF NATIONWIDE MARKETING SOLUTIONS AND MAGNUM ADVERTISING IN SOUTH FLORIDA.THEY KEEP MOVING THEIR OFFICES FROM LAKE WORTH TO SUNRISE FLORIDA AND BACK WHENEVER THEY GET HOT.LOOK HELMUT UP ON PALM BEACH COUNTY JAIL.HE IS THERE UNDER NO BOND.BUT HIS THUGS ARE RUNNING THE BUSINESS FOR HIM.SO IF HE RIPPED YOU OFF CALL THE PALM BEACH COUNTY POLICE AND ASK FOR THE DETETIVE IN CHARGE OF HIS CASE.FEEL FREE TO E-MAIL ME FOR ANYMORE INFO.HELMUT IS ALSO BEING HELD ON A FEW DRUG CHARGES NOW.......

The former staff of Nationwide Marketing Solutions did NOT continue with the operations on behalf of Helmut Goellnitz. That is a blatent lie! I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT! I have nothing to gain nor lose, by submitting this post. Get your facts straight before you post non-factual remarks! Clearly you have an ax to grind with Goellnitz, however, these statements are a fabrication.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
The former staff of Nationwide Marketing Solutions did NOT continue with the operations on behalf of Helmut Goellnitz. That is a blatent lie! I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT! I have nothing to gain nor lose, by submitting this post. Get your facts straight before you post non-factual remarks! Clearly you have an ax to grind with Goellnitz, however, these statements are a fabrication.

Welcome to TUG - your claim would have a lot more weight if you would introduce yourself and tell us how you know this information.

marines2182

Reaction score
Nationwide Lies & Fabrication

Welcome to TUG - your claim would have a lot more weight if you would introduce yourself and tell us how you know this information.

I would be honored to, however I do not want my good name associated with this mess on the internet. Surely you can understand. :) I will say my statements are 100% factual because I have dealings with all parties being spoken of.

I can speculate the person making the fictious posts are a disgruntled ex-partner of Goellnitz's from mid-2009, but I do not have proof of that. She is however, leaving sladerous posts on every other forum so one would think this is her again. (as it is the exact same statements & claims)

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I would be honored to, however I do not want my good name associated with this mess on the internet. Surely you can understand. :)

So what brings you to TUG and to that particular post, which is a couple weeks old?

marines2182

Reaction score
So what brings you to TUG and to that particular post, which is a couple weeks old?

The search engine Google while attempting to look up the status of Goellnitz's case. When I came across this tid bit of fictous information I felt the need to state the truth.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What is the status of Goellnitz's case?

Reaction score
No change yet, from what I can see.

No change yet, from what I can see.

SEEMS LIKE YOU ARE TRYING TO DEFEND YOURSELF AND HELMUT.I KNOW ALOT MORE THAN YOU THINK I DO AND HAVE FACTS TO PROVE IT BEGINING WITH THE ARTICLES THAT I POSTED SINCE IT IS FACTS OUT OF NEWSPAPERS.BUT IF ANYBODY FEELS THAT THEY WAS CHEATED OR DEFRAUDED BY HELMUT OR ANY OF HIS FRIENDS PARTNERS OR THUGS....CALL OR WRITE THE U.S DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE BUREAU OF ALCOHOL,TOBACCO,FIREARMS AND EXPLOSIVES AT 505 S. FLAGLER DRIVE SUITE 402 WEST PALM BEACH FL.33401 OR PHONE 561-623-4200 OR FAX 561-623-4201.ASK FOR SPECIAL AGENT HUGH O'CONNOR...........SO DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY ABOUT MY POST WITH ANY FACTS.AND YES HELMUT GOELLNITZ IS STILL IN JAIL UNDER NO BOND AT THE WEST PALM BEACH COUNTY JAIL AND ANYBODY CAN LOOK AT POSTINGS ALL OVER THE INTERNET ABOUT PEOPLE STILL BEING RIPPED OFF BY HIS COMPANIES EVEN AFTER HIM BEING ARRESTED SO YES HIS COMPANY IS STILL RUNNING.FEELING GUILTY??

marines2182

Reaction score
SEEMS LIKE YOU ARE TRYING TO DEFEND YOURSELF AND HELMUT.I KNOW ALOT MORE THAN YOU THINK I DO AND HAVE FACTS TO PROVE IT BEGINING WITH THE ARTICLES THAT I POSTED SINCE IT IS FACTS OUT OF NEWSPAPERS.BUT IF ANYBODY FEELS THAT THEY WAS CHEATED OR DEFRAUDED BY HELMUT OR ANY OF HIS FRIENDS PARTNERS OR THUGS....CALL OR WRITE THE U.S DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE BUREAU OF ALCOHOL,TOBACCO,FIREARMS AND EXPLOSIVES AT 505 S. FLAGLER DRIVE SUITE 402 WEST PALM BEACH FL.33401 OR PHONE 561-623-4200 OR FAX 561-623-4201.ASK FOR SPECIAL AGENT HUGH O'CONNOR...........SO DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY ABOUT MY POST WITH ANY FACTS.AND YES HELMUT GOELLNITZ IS STILL IN JAIL UNDER NO BOND AT THE WEST PALM BEACH COUNTY JAIL AND ANYBODY CAN LOOK AT POSTINGS ALL OVER THE INTERNET ABOUT PEOPLE STILL BEING RIPPED OFF BY HIS COMPANIES EVEN AFTER HIM BEING ARRESTED SO YES HIS COMPANY IS STILL RUNNING.FEELING GUILTY??

I have nothing to defend of myself, thank you. Nor was I defending Goellnitz. I was simply stating the facts. Clearly you cannot comprehend my English. I will say what I was referring to again so you can understand... First and foremost, what I was referring to has nothing to do with your statements above other than your persistent accusation that his former staff is "still ripping people off".

Again the former staff of Nationwide Marketing Solutions did NOT continue with the operations on behalf of Helmut Goellnitz. That is a blatant lie! I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT! I have nothing to gain nor lose, by submitting this post. Get your facts straight before you post non-factual remarks! Clearly you have an ax to grind with Goellnitz, however, these statements are a fabrication.

Hopefully you can now comprehend this.

Lastly, you clearly do not know have a clue to whom you are speaking to as you are asking me if I am "feeling guilty?" More false accusations from you. Thank god, I did not post my name. As this is the very insanity to what I was referring to about having MY good name involved in this mess. False accusations from people like you.

Reaction score
Nationwide Scam

I have nothing to defend of myself, thank you. Nor was I defending Goellnitz. I was simply stating the facts. Clearly you cannot comprehend my English. I will say what I was referring to again so you can understand... First and foremost, what I was referring to has nothing to do with your statements above other than your persistent accusation that his former staff is "still ripping people off".

Again the former staff of Nationwide Marketing Solutions did NOT continue with the operations on behalf of Helmut Goellnitz. That is a blatant lie! I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT! I have nothing to gain nor lose, by submitting this post. Get your facts straight before you post non-factual remarks! Clearly you have an ax to grind with Goellnitz, however, these statements are a fabrication.

Hopefully you can now comprehend this.

Lastly, you clearly do not know have a clue to whom you are speaking to as you are asking me if I am "feeling guilty?" More false accusations from you. Thank god, I did not post my name. As this is the very insanity to what I was referring to about having MY good name involved in this mess. False accusations from people like you.

FOR SOMEBODY THAT HAS ALOT OF FACTS BUT CAN'T PROVE ANYTHING SURE SOUNDS LIKE JUST MORE B.S. TRYING TO COVER UP FOR A COMPANY.IF YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO START POSTING NAMES OF EMPLOYEES OF NATIONWIDE AND THIER LONG LIST OF FELONY CHARGES THAT THEY ARE ON PROBATION FOR AT THIS MOMENT AND THE NAMES AND PHONE NUMBERS OF THEIR PROBATION OFFICERS I WILL.............AND BY THE WAY MAGNUM ADVERTISING,NATIONWIDE MARKETING THEY ARE ALL THE SAME.SO IF ANYBODY WOULD LIKE ALL THE INFORMATION JUST LET ME KNOW.FEELING GUILTY WAS A QUESTION NOT AN ACCUSATION.SO MAYBE YOU NEED TO READ AND UNDERSTAND.LIKE I SAID I KNOW ALOT MORE THAN YOU THINK.SO IF YOU HAVE ANY FACTS BESIDES THAT YOU KNOW THIS FOR SURE JUST POST THEM.AND IF YOU ARE A LEGAL PERSON DOING THE RIGHT THING THEN YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT DRAGGING YOUR NAME DOWN...RIGHT????

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
tiredofripped off and marines2182 - to be quite honest, the rest of us don't know what you are talking about, so if you just want to bicker, you should take it to email.

If you have specific factual information to share, we'd be glad to hear it.

Reaction score
tiredofripped off and marines2182 - to be quite honest, the rest of us don't know what you are talking about, so if you just want to bicker, you should take it to email.

If you have specific factual information to share, we'd be glad to hear it.

I AM NOT BICKERING I AM STATING FACTS ABOUT A RIP OFF RESALE COMPANY AND I THINK THAT IS WHAT THIS POST STARTED ABOUT AND I TOLD MY FACTS ABOUT A COMPANY AND WHO TO CALL IF YOU WAS RIPPED OFF BY THEM.DID YOU READ THE ARTICLE?DID YOU LOOK UP HELMUT GOELLNITZ THE OWNER OF MAGNUM ADVERTISING AND NATIONWIDE MARKETING SOLUTIONS?IF YOU DID THEN YOU WILL SEE WHAT IS BEING TALKED ABOUT.AND I AM OFFERING TO TELL PEOPLE HOW TO GET THEIR MONEY BACK.SO IF THIS FORUM IS NOT FOR HELPING PEOPLE TALK AND WARN OTHERS BEFORE THEY GET RIPPED OFF PLEASE LET ME KNOW.....

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I did read the info. you posted - thank you for posting. Were you one of the victim's of this company?

What I am referring to is the posts back and forth between you and marines2182. It would be better to do that by email.

Also - may I make a gentle suggestion that you not type in all caps? It's considered "shouting" when you type in all caps on the internet.

Last edited:

Pit

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you learn to use the Shift key. It's difficult to read all caps.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
and its no longer a suggestion, stop typing in all caps.