• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

AA 3 hour delay = $2,800

S

Steamboat Bill

I am typing this from Maui airport wireless.

I had a 5:20pm flight and they announced that they are oversold and needed volunters to switch planes.

I was first in line and asked for details....I would be on the next flight and arrive home about 3 hours later than originally scheduled. They gave me $700 x 4 = $2800 in AA travel credit.

Not a bad way to pay for a return visit.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
That's a nice little incentive to take a bump. However, with the way prices of airfare are trending, it might be more of a nice discount for a return trip more so than actually paying for a return trip.

S

Steamboat Bill

yes...Hawaii air is over $1,000 now....but we may go to Europe next year and always go skiing in Park City.

I doubt we will return to Hawaii next year, but who knows.

Forgot to mention...I beat a TUGer to the credit.

I met user "Pedro" and his wife in line...they own at the Westin in Maui and are active TUGers from Florida.

I sent Pedro a PM...they announced that they only needed 3 volunteers and Pedro had 4 travelers so they did not want to be broken up.

I had the same thought, so when I told them I would do it...I said all or nothing for the 4 of us.

Icarus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nice one, Bill. I just hope you didn't try to bring any mustard and ketchup packets through the Ag inspection.

-David

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have never had any luck with my family.

Tried over Easter with NWA, first in line to volunteer,(weather was iffy and they had weight restrictions).

Almost had $1200 from NWA(would have save a bit on car rental picking up at FLL rather than PBI). Too many kids on the flight so the weight was okay.

:clap: Good for you.

S

Steamboat Bill

I am home now and I could have doubled up as they were asking for volunteers for the 9pm flight.

I immeditely told our new HCC friends about the offer and they grabbed it>

$700pp + free hotel at the Grand Wailea and transportation.

I really wanted to do it...but did not have a day bag of clothers and toiletres packed so we passed on this great offer.

Thus, we could have gotten $5,600 in AA credits....wow.

bobcat

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am home now and I could have doubled up as they were asking for volunteers for the 9pm flight.

I immeditely told our new HCC friends about the offer and they grabbed it>

$700pp + free hotel at the Grand Wailea and transportation.

I really wanted to do it...but did not have a day bag of clothers and toiletres packed so we passed on this great offer.

Thus, we could have gotten $5,600 in AA credits....wow.

Do you want to purchase a lottery ticket with me.??? BOBCAT

arlene22

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a great deal. Congrats. Are those AA travel credits real money? or are they capacity restricted?

Fletcher921

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Mission Hills, CA;
Los Abrigados, AZ;
The Whaler, HI;
Playa Del Sol Costa Sur, MX;
Westgate Park City, UT
Bill,

You are living my dream - I am always hoping to be bumped but never am! Our college kids were each offered $800 to take a later flight last week while on their way to meet me on Oahu. They didn't want to wait around in the airport.

I think they will need to pay for their next flight to the islands on their own, right??

Aloha,

pcgirl54

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
Oh my, lucky you! This is incredible and so wonderful. I guess that a reason not to book the redeye back like we did.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Good one Mr. Bill

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
Wow! $700 per person is a HUGE amount of compensation for 3 hours.

Great for you guys! Why are the airlines offering so much in vouchers?!

S

Steamboat Bill

Wow! $700 per person is a HUGE amount of compensation for 3 hours.

Great for you guys! Why are the airlines offering so much in vouchers?!

It is like AA cash in the bank, we can use some of it for one trip and the rest for a second trip, etc.

All I can tell is the AA route from Maui to California and Texas during Saturday and Sunday are HIGHLY in demand.

Thus, if you are traveling soon, be prepared to offer your seat for the above bonuses. Take my advice and pack a day bag with extra clothes, etc (if I did that, I would have doubled or tripled down on my seats).

This is the summer!!!

kapear

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ddin't do as well as you but still worked out...

We left Maui a day or so after you. We got out of Maui and HNL fine but ended up in LA with a grossly overbooked flight to DEN. We opted to take the bump for 5 tickets and moved uo to economy plus. The tickets won't get us back to Hawaii but hopefully will get us to Boston next June or possibly to Orlando in October.

In the time we were at LAX, I heard at least 10 UA flights call for volunteers.