• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Golf: Do real men use women's clubs?

CMF

TUG Member
Reaction score
The pro shop at the range had a bunch of used drivers for sale on Saturday and I could not resist [in spite of promising myself that I would concentrate on my putting] to hit them. Finally, I found a driver that I can hit! I bought the club and looked it up on the web when I got home. You know it - it's a woman's club. :eek: The purple color should have been a tip off.

I feel self conscious as it is on the course. Swinging a woman's driver is only going to make it worse. What to do? What to do?

Charles

gary01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Real men CAN use women's clubs but they CAN NOT use the women's tees...

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I don't know - you tell US! :wave:

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
A real golfer will use anything that gives him an advantage.

So use it.

It is good for a funny story if a comment is made.

Jestjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't tell and no one will know......You can have it regripped (I think that's the right word) if you can't stand it. You didn't know it is a woman's club. I doubt anyone else will.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Charles
My swing speed has slowed to the point that the pro said to use a Senior or Woman driver. Your use of one makes me want to try one. So when my buddies say "you hit that like a girl " maybe I will have a better excuse than the one I used yesterday.

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm so tall that Women's clubs are too short, so my DH bought me men's clubs. Unfortunately they are gathering dust in the garage because I am a failure -- four different instructors over 10 years and 3 told me to take up another sport :eek:

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I'm so tall that Women's clubs are too short, so my DH bought me men's clubs. Unfortunately they are gathering dust in the garage because I am a failure -- four different instructors over 10 years and 3 told me to take up another sport :eek:

Maybe try a flexible shaft.

bobcat

TUG Member
Reaction score
The pro shop at the range had a bunch of used drivers for sale on Saturday and I could not resist [in spite of promising myself that I would concentrate on my putting] to hit them. Finally, I found a driver that I can hit! I bought the club and looked it up on the web when I got home. You know it - it's a woman's club. :eek: The purple color should have been a tip off.

I feel self conscious as it is on the course. Swinging a woman's driver is only going to make it worse. What to do? What to do?

Charles

Play with what you can hit. You can buy a purple pair of pants to match the club. Tell people its your WOW color.

Harvey and Lin

TUG Member
Reaction score

Charles

Charles, just how much extra distance did you get from the new club? How far do you hit your best tee shot now? Curious male minds want to know. Harvey

Last edited:

CMF

TUG Member
Reaction score
I broke the 200 yard barrier regularly with this club. My longest drive was about 230. The 3 wood that I was hitting off the deck was getting me about 175 yards. My men's driver has a 10 degree loft and the shaft is about an inch longer. The ladies Tava has a 14 degree loft. The most important thing though is that I hit it straight more often than not.

My first problem overall was making good contact with the ball. Now I have to worry about slices and hooks more than anything.

Funny thing is, the better I get the more frustrated I become.

Charles

silvib

TUG Member
Reaction score
If it works for you - stick with it! There are times we need all the help we can get.

Reaction score
four different instructors over 10 years and 3 told me to take up another sport :eek:

Seriously? I've been golfing for years and I would like to get from high teen handicap to low teen or maybe even single digit. I'm paying out the wazoo for lessons but I think the money is too good for the instructor to tell me that I will never play much better.

Reaction score
The two big differences btwn men's and women's is the length and flexibility of the shaft. Women's are usually shorter, and as you know, shorter clubs are easier to control. Women's clubs are also more flexible, even more so than senior flex. If you can hit this club 230 yards, then you shouldn't be using women's or senior flex. I hit my stiff flex driver 220 to 240 yards. Try hitting a shorter regular flex club. You might want to get on a launch monitor to find out what equipment you should use.

skierbri10

TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't read everyones post, but womens clubs are built for shorter people. The shafts are not as stiff so people with slow swings would benefit. Usually, the head of the club is the same or similar as a mens club. The grip might be smaller for the smaller female hand. I have heard of a few pros on the PGA tour using a womens club. I couldn't tell you who though.

caribbeansun

TUG Member
Reaction score
More loft straighter shot.

You can always spray paint it black :D

I broke the 200 yard barrier regularly with this club. My longest drive was about 230. The 3 wood that I was hitting off the deck was getting me about 175 yards. My men's driver has a 10 degree loft and the shaft is about an inch longer. The ladies Tava has a 14 degree loft. The most important thing though is that I hit it straight more often than not.

My first problem overall was making good contact with the ball. Now I have to worry about slices and hooks more than anything.

Funny thing is, the better I get the more frustrated I become.

Charles

LynnW

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Charles

I posted in your other golf thread about the pro who came to talk to our ladies group and now remember there were a few men there including my DH's retired doctor. Well I found out yesterday that Dr John bought the whole set of the ladies clubs she was promoting! I'm not sure if he picked the pretty emerald green ones with the flexible shafts or the purple ones :D

BTW he also likes to play golf with the ladies!

Lynn

dukebigtom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Driver?

IF the loft is 14 degree, for all intents and purposes you are hitting a 3 wood anyway. I always tease the guys I play with that real men use drivers off the tee not 3 woods. If they hear about this, they'll be wanting to know where you can buy this purple club.

BigTom

Reaction score
Not more distance but more control. It's always a trade-off. If you can hit it 230, then you can sacrifice a little distance for more control. If you really enjoy the game, I suggest you work on your flexibility. It's not brute strength in golf, it's more about flexibility, technique, and contact.

Kozman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Man Purse? Woman's Clubs.

If you are a very short guy I'm sure you could use womens clubs. Heck, if you can use a man purse, then why not woman clubs!