• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I am tired of the run around

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Here was my day today: My husband has a colonoscopy scheduled for tomorrow and we are having a big snow and ice storm. Living in the rental house- we are responsible for snow removal. Poor guy goes out there on the slippery steep driveway with the snowblower. I call the MD office. Closed. I get the answering service who connects me to an on call person. Not sure yet about tomorrow. Gets closer to his time to drink that stuff- I call back. Said docs thinking of opening the office later and hubby can come in 10:15 instead of 8:15. OK. Hoping for the best with the roads- as the roads here have not been cleared well thus far. We will not be able to do the driveway again in the morning- I can't handle a snow blower and hubby will probably not be able to either after fasting. I mean- when the hell were they going to call me? We tried to reschedule but nothing available for the rest of the month. I hope it will be ok to drive as I am the driver and afraid to drive in snow.

Next- I realize that this same doctor is charging $179 for hubby's colonoscopy consult where he charged me $144 for the same thing. Of course, the billing office is closed. I notice that my visit was coded as an office visit and his as a consult, though they were exactly the same- time wise- like 3 minutes - and all. One thing I do know is I am not paying for hubby's test in full tomorrow- they can take $100 until I see what the insurance does.

I have to pick up my own medical records on my colonoscopies tomorrow at this doctors office. I ordered them last week so I have them for our move. Bets are on that they will not be ready when I get there.

Next- I also notice on the insurance EOB that my dentist charged me $30 too much. Again- I made the mistake of paying in full while at the dentist office. I should have made a partial payment and waited until the insurance paid. Now I have to chase my money. Of course, the office was also closed.

Then I see from the post office informed delivery that we were supposed to get 3 important pieces of mail. 2 medical bills and also a notice from the commissioner of jurors in the county we used to live in- addressed to my husband. Well- for the third time since we moved here 2 months ago we did not get any of the mail.

Now this Juror thing- hubby was called to serve in the summer. he went but told them we were going on vacation- which we were. So they excused him for 6 months. We knew we would be moving out of the county (and state eventually) so were not concerned. Well- this notice is addressed to this new address here- which is a different county. We have no idea what it says as like I said- we did not receive it. Can they be calling him for duty if he is no longer a resident of the county? I think it could be a grand jury - we don't remember, Does it matter? I assume they have our new address because I made sure we notified the board of elections that we were moving and unregistering to vote there. So now- another call to who knows how many phone numbers to see what this could be about. Can you imagine if he has to serve and we are close to moving out of state? Plus it is such a far drive-an hour one way- he was hoping to avoid winter driving with retirement. OMG...

I did call the post office about not getting the mail. Said they would speak with the carrier. Yeah ok right.

Next stress- we get a letter in the mail on Saturday from Wellcare Precription Drug Plan- Part D- stating my husband does not have credible drug plan from 4/1 to 12/31/2019 and to either fill in a form and mail it or call. So I call- the woman is clueless. I am just about screaming with frustration. I call the next day- same. I call today- same! No supervisor would get on the phone. Then they say they are transferring me- on hold so long I had to finally hang up. I filled in the form and attached the credible drug coverage letter from his employer and will mail it this week. I go on Facebook and tell Wellcare I am putting in a complaint with the NYS atty general and the NYS dept of insurance and the BBB. Done. I have had it. No response from them,

I also call VIA Benefits several times to ask about this. No one EVER gets on the phone! I try to call my husbands employers benefits center- again- on hold forever. I hang up.

So I also notice in the Wellcare letter that it says I could call Medicare about the credible drug coverage. I also went on line and saw that the new Part D plan was listed there and also his credible coverage. Anyway, I waited on hold for Medicare for 20 minutes and the rep said yes- they see he has the coverage, and all should be good unless "they" require something else. They? Who is they?

By now I am tired. Then she throws this at me: I should call the BRCR- The Benefit Coordination and Recovery Center- and tell them my husband is retiring 12/31 so that they can make Medicare primary as of 1/1 in the system. What? I never heard of this. She says it is important because if not done we could get bills that are denied in 2020 because the system would have Aetna as primary. OMG...no one ever told us this! I do not think it is even in the Medicare Handbook!

I call and get that taken care of. I tell the rep. people should be made aware of this like I was instead of having to be surprised with a denied bill! I mean- if I never called about the drug thing I would not have known to do this extra step. How would anyone know about it? By doing this ahead of time we circumvent problems as a new Medicare recipient. In 24-48 hours they process it but it also takes about 25 days to process throughout the system.

Then yesterday my husband made an appt for my car inspection and new tires for Thursday at Mavis- 8am. Today, a guy from Mavis calls and asks how he can help us. Huh? he says he sees we are looking for tires for a car we do not own. I tell him we have a CRV. He then asks if we would like to bring it in. What?! We have an appt. He then says he can't do it at 8am - how about 9am. Ummm- ok. I tell him my husband will be waiting for the car and it also needs an inspection. It is like he had no clue.....SMH...

Last but not least the builders realtor sends me possible washer/ dryers for the house. I don't like them. Send her info about a pair at home depot. Says they are obsolete and cannot get them from the GE rep. Sends me another possibility. I know we are being overcharged but they seem good and I tell her to go ahead. because I just can't deal with anything else anymore! Now just have to send the check.

Did I mention that I called the town because by mid morning the road had still not been plowed? At least someone picked up the phone immediately and said he would take care of it. He also said if we could not get out tomorrow to call and he will make sure we can get out. Wow! Finally a decent response! He sent a pick up truck with a plow first and later a regular big plow did come.

What a day! And I got almost nothing resolved....

So- when did life get like this? Complicated. Convoluted. No customer service anywhere. A nightmare. I am so done with everything. Tired of fighting. I just want some peace. :crash::wall:

Did I mention we just found out tonight that there will be an 18 mile detour (each way) in the spring in the area we are moving to due to a small bridge repair. March- May. Just in time for our move. Just when we need to go that way for all of our necessities- food, banking, Lowes, Walmart, etc. Normally- 4 MILES! OMG....I want to go to sleep and wake up in 2021.

And it's still snowing... hope hubby didn't drink that stuff for his colonoscopy for nothing. (not to mention the insurance will not pay for more of that stuff in the same year- so guess what? he will have to wait another year to have it!)

Last edited:

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow!! Today has to be a better day for you. Yesterday was one of my most boring in a long time. No snow in Texas. I'm lucky my afternoon nap lasted 3½ hours rather than the usual 2. It made the wait for Monday Night Football shorter...This morning I started my day by renewing my TUG Membership...

George

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Did he have the colonoscopy today? Can’t imagine doing the prep and not getting it done.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Wow!! Today has to be a better day for you. Yesterday was one of my most boring in a long time. No snow in Texas. I'm lucky my afternoon nap lasted 3½ hours rather than the usual 2. It made the wait for Monday Night Football shorter...This morning I started my day by renewing my TUG Membership...

George

I don't think I have relaxed that much in a whole year's time. Anyway I got a couple of things semi-resolved this morning.

My phone call to the commissioner of jurors put me over the edge. He stated yes- hubby was being called to jury duty and has to respond by 12/9. I explained that we moved to a different county. he then proceeded to give me incorrect information and sent me on wild goose chases to obtain proof that HE would accept. Insisted we could get a new drivers license for free or documentation fro the DMV. I knew better but I called the DMV anyway and they said they could not give me anything. I tell him- well- he mailed the summons to our address (yiou know0- the summons we never received because the post office is losing our mail!). No- that is not proof we live here. OK- what about our lease? Utility bill? No he says. For all he knows we could have multiple addresses. What?

Then he said he would accept something from the board of elections showing we are unregistered in the county. I threw out that stuff- never imagining I would need it. He said to call them to get it. They tell me- hubby would have to drive there - an hour away- pay $1 to get documents. OR- he could go on line on the board of Elections and type in his name and old county and it will come up not match. Maybe could use that.

Then I use my brain and go on line to MYDMV and whala! There it shows hubby's drivers license # with our current address. I call back the commissioner and his assistant says that is perfect. Take a picture and email it to her. Done. I was getting ready to copy the sale documents for our former home to show we no longer owned it. I mean- come on!

Here's the funny part. You can just go on the DMV website to change your address. it is not like THEY ask for proof of where you live! So how does the DMV license or website prove you really do live where you say you do. The whole world is INSANE!

Again- I don't know how people move around the country and the world so easily. This is downright abusive imo.

On another note, dentist office says they haven't gotten paid yet form my insurance company but as soon as they do they can issue me the refund check.

As for the difference between my office consult and my husband's the billing company had me call the office manager because they didn't know what they were doing. She explained mine was an office visit because I came back in a year and hubby's was a consult because he came back after 3 years. Evidently, the insurance company demands it be coded this way, even though the visits were essentially the same.

What a scam! Totally ridiculous!

I also called the medical billing company and told them to mail me all invoices as my mail has gone missing.

Now I still have to deal with this post office and see what the heck is wrong that they do not deliver our mail.
'All I know is since this whole moving process started life has gotten much harder for us instead of the intended easier.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Did he have the colonoscopy today? Can’t imagine doing the prep and not getting it done.

Yes. Thanks. After the poor guy snow blowing the private road we are on this morning (and last night) after not eating since Sunday and drinking that prep, and me shoveling out the driveways, got him there for 10:15 am. Phew...

I also only paid $100 instead of the over $600 and told them I did not want a payment plan- just bill me and I will pay after the insurance sends me an EOB.

Last edited:

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Now I still have to deal with this post office and see what the heck is wrong that they do not deliver our mail.
'All I know is since this whole moving process started life has gotten much harder for us instead of the intended easier.

This common occurred in the county where we lived in California where the post office simply rejected mail when they did not recognize the names at a new address. Our employees frequently missed mail that way whenever they moved and the way to fix it had been to show up at the post office to have them be aware of the new residents at the address. When we moved to a new community in California where it had a communal block of mailboxes, the mailman pasted to the bottom of the mailboxes with last names of everyone living at that address.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just dragged all the furniture in or out on the lawn. Someone returned my call and is supposed to come tomorrow to soft wash the roof, wash the house and do the lanai floor. Please please show up.
Plus we have set a date for my husband’s surgery.
And I am watering my $400 tree, trying to keep it alive.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I just dragged all the furniture in or out on the lawn. Someone returned my call and is supposed to come tomorrow to soft wash the roof, wash the house and do the lanai floor. Please please show up.
Plus we have set a date for my husband’s surgery.
And I am watering my $400 tree, trying to keep it alive.

I hope they keep the appointment and take care of this for you. It must be so frustrating.

What happens if your tree dies? (hopefully it doesn't) Does it have any kind of warranty?

Good that you have the date for your husband's surgery. At least one thing resolved. Hope all goes well for him.

Keep us posted. Hang in there.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
We have the same problem down here. Contractors are looking for the big buck jobs, not the average Joe jobs. Can't get a damn thing done around here. It took me 2 years to get my roof replaced after Irma. Trying to get a minor kitchen and bath renovation. Everyone thinks they are Cornerstone. Trying to WOW us.

Last edited:

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Medicare: Now that you mention it, DW. had the same issue with Medicare not knowing she terminated her coverage under my plan when I retired, even though she was new to Part B for that reason. The only way we found out about it was by poking around her Medicare online account. I imagine that I will have the same issue when I terminate my coverage. < sigh >

But as I live in Florida, I have to ask, "What's snow?" <ducking>