• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Owners only Cyber Monday Deals from Wyndham

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
I think you missed my point on agreeing with your wife. Paying cash is the only option that makes sense in the TS world. So, if you are paying $20K+ for something with a current value of $0, that's a 5% hit to your $400K net worth. Of course, if you can recover that $20K+ in a couple months from high net income/cash flow, you'll not notice the drop. Don't want to start another discussion, but, I can tell you from my own perspective that once you get to VIP, you'll not be satisfied until you are Platinum. If you don't have the net worth to absorb all the up front sunk expenditures, don't start down the VIP path. It's a write off, pure and simple. It only provides benefit in the form of quality vacation time and only if you can use the status for many years. Or 'give' to the offspring.

Buying a TS (especially at developer/telesales prices) should not be a quick decision. That's why the first response to all who purchase and join TUG with a concern are advised to rescind and then purchase at a later date on their terms. The cash you spend is gone, period. And, the maintenance fees never go away unless you go through the effort of getting rid of it.

I'm still anxious to read more about the sale. It's probably just hype for the less educated.

I’m VIP Silver and very satisfied without going for Platinum. In fact, I’m currently purchasing 2 resale contracts that will not increase my VIP status at all. The reason we became Wyndham owners was to better enjoy our vacations. We feel we are able to use the Silver VIP benefits enough to justify what we paid for them. Others may not. That doesn’t mean either of us is wrong. It just means we have different priorities. This statement in your post is the most accurate, “It only provides benefit in the form of quality vacation time and only if you can use the status for many years.” That is the only reason we bought into Wyndham in the first place, and it is why we feel we are getting our money’s worth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
I think you missed my point on agreeing with your wife. Paying cash is the only option that makes sense in the TS world. So, if you are paying $20K+ for something with a current value of $0, that's a 5% hit to your $400K net worth. Of course, if you can recover that $20K+ in a couple months from high net income/cash flow, you'll not notice the drop. Don't want to start another discussion, but, I can tell you from my own perspective that once you get to VIP, you'll not be satisfied until you are Platinum. If you don't have the net worth to absorb all the up front sunk expenditures, don't start down the VIP path. It's a write off, pure and simple. It only provides benefit in the form of quality vacation time and only if you can use the status for many years. Or 'give' to the offspring.

Buying a TS (especially at developer/telesales prices) should not be a quick decision. That's why the first response to all who purchase and join TUG with a concern are advised to rescind and then purchase at a later date on their terms. The cash you spend is gone, period. And, the maintenance fees never go away unless you go through the effort of getting rid of it.

I'm still anxious to read more about the sale. It's probably just hype for the less educated.
Guess I will wait at least five years before making the VIP plunge. Our net worth should be $650k then. Our positive net income/cash flow is about $4k/month.

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I'm quite happy at VIPG, though I'm keeping an eye on what they really wind up offering tomorrow. The unlimited housekeeping and reservation transactions are nice, as are the 60-day discounts. The difference between VIPG and VIPP doesn't seem all that significant to me at this point; the extra 15% discount and the additional two weeks for the upgrade would add some value, but whether it's worth it or not will depend on what the offer winds up being. If it's just puffing about the telesales pricing, I could already get that any other day and won't waste my time.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Today’s e-mail provides a call-in number and says it’s 45% off gross developer pricing, which I would interpret as their advertised price of $254 per thousand or whatever it is now. That would be the telesales price.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like it is telesales. And the 45% is off “gross developer pricing.”

This is an excerpt for email I received four hours ago:

——————————————————-

You can buy more points for 45% off. That means you’re that much closer to your next VIP level. It means more money in your pockets and more fun on vacation.

So, don’t wait — we're only selling these discounted points during this exclusive Cyber Monday sale. See Offer Details below.

CALL TODAY
between 1 p.m. and 9 p.m. ET

888-994-4811

OFFER DETAILS:

The Cyber Monday discount is available for cash purchases only. Savings is based on gross developer pricing. Offer not valid for all point purchases and is not available at physical sales locations. Please call for details and to participate in the offer. Due to state registration requirements, this offer is valid for Club Wyndham owners residing within U.S., excluding: AL, DC, HI, MT, ND, OH, SD, WA, WI, WV. Additional terms apply. Void where prohibited by law and where state registration requirements have not been met. Wyndham Vacation Resorts, Inc., 6277 Sea Harbor Drive, Orlando, FL 32821.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Only nine (9) states, plus the District of Columbia, Club Wyndham owners can participate in this Cyber Monday discount sales.
Why?
Looks like it is telesales. And the 45% is off “gross developer pricing.”

This is an excerpt for email I received four hours ago:

——————————————————-

You can buy more points for 45% off. That means you’re that much closer to your next VIP level. It means more money in your pockets and more fun on vacation.

So, don’t wait — we're only selling these discounted points during this exclusive Cyber Monday sale. See Offer Details below.

CALL TODAY
between 1 p.m. and 9 p.m. ET

888-994-4811

OFFER DETAILS:

The Cyber Monday discount is available for cash purchases only. Savings is based on gross developer pricing. Offer not valid for all point purchases and is not available at physical sales locations. Please call for details and to participate in the offer. Due to state registration requirements, this offer is valid for Club Wyndham owners residing within U.S., excluding: AL, DC, HI, MT, ND, OH, SD, WA, WI, WV. Additional terms apply. Void where prohibited by law and where state registration requirements have not been met. Wyndham Vacation Resorts, Inc., 6277 Sea Harbor Drive, Orlando, FL 32821.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Actually, those are places you can’t participate from, so it’s everyone else that can. Probably laws against phone sales of real estate.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Most likely 45% off the MSRP. Last I heard MSRP is $254 per 1,000 which brings it down to $139 per 1,000. It doesn’t say what points are discount (likely CWA) or how many you have to buy to get the discount.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Most likely 45% off the MSRP. Last I heard MSRP is $254 per 1,000 which brings it down to $139 per 1,000. It doesn’t say what points are discount (likely CWA) or how many you have to buy to get the discount.

My contact in telesales confirmed it is up to 45% off MSRP ($254 --> $139) for CWA, not sure about CWS though. I didn't inquire as to how many points are required for the "up to" part. :)

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My contact in telesales confirmed it is up to 45% off MSRP ($254 --> $139) for CWA, not sure about CWS though. I didn't inquire as to how many points are required for the "up to" part. :)

What a fabulous Cyber Monday deal! You can call telesales and get the regular telesales price! Well, the brief advertising campaign did have a good result; me not spending money I didn’t need to....

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

My contact has not gotten back to me on my question on what is the minimum number of points you have to buy for the discount. I doubt it’s 28,000. Probably 105,000.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Today’s e-mail provides a call-in number and says it’s 45% off gross developer pricing, which I would interpret as their advertised price of $254 per thousand or whatever it is now. That would be the telesales price.
Lame.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Does telesales still offer the $5/1k pts rebate?

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score

Well they were touting VIP and I always hear that they have to "pitch" me to the next VIP level so it could be the next VIP level.

drepublic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VIP Silver, Wyndham Clearwater Beach (326k Developer), Wyndham Bonnet Creek (74k Developer and 269k Resale) Wyndham Ocean Boulevard (220.5k Resale)

45% off CWS would be interesting. Can Telesales handle Deeded contracts or only CWA?

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Does Wyndham still offer the $5/1k rebate for telesales to reduce the sales price from $139/1k to $134/1k?

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
45% of what?

upload_2019-12-2_19-56-40.png

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It’s an ad advertising the regular telesales rate. 45 percent off of $253/1k is $139/1k. Although not advertised, you get $500 off for each telesales contract or $1000 off for two telesales contracts. It comes out to about $134/1k.

Last edited: