• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What does outside look to you right now?

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh, Fred, but I DO like your photo! My curiosity is piqued by those footprints in the snow. They stop suddenly and go through the railings...?

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
Oh, Fred, but I DO like your photo! My curiosity is piqued by those footprints in the snow. They stop suddenly and go through the railings...?

Thank you. Kind of an illusion courtesy of my 3 dogs. It was just how the photo angle was taken. The one awesome thing I like here is I’m only 50 miles away from the gorgeous Rocky mountains. I will take a photo soon of my mountain view when I get back home and share.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
Not a real clear day but heres what it looks like in the front of my house. On a clear day the view is a lot nicer especially from my balcony

5d3d98a93fe177c0e4daa9ec3924d87f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
Beautiful! I love California. Is it just me or is California getting dryer and dryer? I remember as a kid (40 years ago) the grass in your area looked greener. Maybe just me. Same as in Lahina Hawaii...everything just looks dryer.

It may seem hard to believe, but the current 30-year average annual rainfall in San Diego is actually higher than that of the previous 30-year period. But seldom do we have an 'average' rainfall year. We often get very dry years interspersed with very wet years. Last year was a very wet year.

Our area doesn't look as green as it used to because people here are conserving water much more than they used to. Water is also expensive here.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
It may seem hard to believe, but the current 30-year average annual rainfall in San Diego is actually higher than that of the previous 30-year period. But seldom do we have an 'average' rainfall year. We often get very dry years interspersed with very wet years. Last year was a very wet year.

Our area doesn't look as green as it used to because people here are conserving water much more than they used to. Water is also expensive here.
Did you notice my "grass"? :D We finally went with artificial turf. Our water bills have nearly been cut in half.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you notice my "grass"? :D We finally went with artificial turf. Our water bills have nearly been cut in half.

I did notice! You also have a great view!

I stopped watering my back lawn about 10 years ago. It was a large flat area using a lot of water, and it was being taken over by crabgrass anyway. Today, it's just bare. Eventually, though, I'm going to plant it again with Bermuda grass, which uses about 1/3 of the water that the old fescue needed.

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
Like Fredflintstone, we have snow on the ground. It is our first snowfall of the season and it is unusual for this time of year, when it normally melts on contact. Did I mention it is also unusually cold?!? :eek:

It has been snowing since 8 am this morning and we already have about 10 cm (4") of accumulated snow on the ground and it has not stopped yet!! :wall:

And we don't head to St. Martin until mid-January!!!:bawl::bawl::bawl:

spirits

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Banff Rocky Mountain Resort
One of my former students posted this video on Facebook today. Her husband is in the service. I met two retired coworkers today for lunch. We said a prayer for all those serving in our forces along with a special prayer for a coworker who just passed away from cancer. The three of us are grateful for our lives here in Canada. Best wishes for our American neighbors.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
The bird feeders were very busy today because it was 10 degrees outside.

2019-10-28%2015-33-14.jpg
2019-11-07%2011-03-29.jpg

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
The bird feeders were very busy today because it was 10 degrees outside.
Wow, you're in Minnesota, right? Having grown up there, I was struck by seeing green leaves in the background of your photos. I remember seeing only bare branches there by November. It doesn't even look cold, though I know darn well it is!

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
Wow, you're in Minnesota, right? Having grown up there, I was struck by seeing green leaves in the background of your photos. I remember seeing only bare branches there by November. It doesn't even look cold, though I know darn well it is!
Yes, I'm in the Twin Cities area. Unfortunately, our backyard is full of the invasive buckthorn trees, which are the last ones to lose their leaves. Since they're so easy to identify this time of year, I usually try to cut back as many as I can, but this year I've been too cold and lazy.

stevenh21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Flagstaff, Wyndham Fairfield Plantation, Harbortown Point(Ventura, CA)
20191116_102749.jpg
We have to plant our own color in the AZ desert. Pink muhly grass, the fronds grow out in late October. Mid 80's today, and possible rain Wednesday, Thursday. Weather people get very excited when rain might arrive.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
There are some awesome outdoor photos been posted on topics. Well in Coastal Va it is dark, cold and cloudy.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Winter is definitely coming. It’s 82 today so I was able to open up the sun roof.

C483A90B-8F20-4E30-B313-5AA555444200.jpeg

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
WALKING TO DINNER last night in Charleston SC....Cold, wet, windy but we love it.
Doesn't deter us at all---we love to walk everywhere.
Dined at a small Italian spot called Fulton Five just off King Street, unknown except to locals. https://www.fultonfivecharleston.com/
(We're sort of locals now, lol.)
Once inside, however, it was warm, cozy, and beautiful. That's my wife Mona in pic below.

upload_2019-11-17_17-47-54.png

My sweetheart Mona.
upload_2019-11-17_17-48-9.png

Evening before,
prior to leaving our Charleston timeshare "Church Street Inn",
whose private courtyard is shown here from our LR window.
A gorgeous and quiet oasis in the middle of the Charleston historic district.
https://festiva.com/churchstreetinn.php
upload_2019-11-17_18-16-39.png

upload_2019-11-17_18-16-53.png

Along Market Street, seen as we left our 2-level townhouse condo for dinner.
The lovely and newly renovated Church St Inn is located adjacent to the Old Market.
upload_2019-11-17_17-58-6.png

Then dined at another favorite spot called S.N.O.B. ("Slightly North of Broad")
with my TUG buddy and Charleston resident Glynda & her husband Kim
-----always great fun!!!!
It's located on East Bay St. (Restaurant Row), a 5-minute walk from our place. https://snobcharleston.com/
upload_2019-11-17_18-3-24.png

But our dear friend Glynda is sooo bad.... a fine dinner was not enough!!
This is where she led us next...across the street to "Carmella's Cafe and Dessert Bar".
https://carmellasdessertbar.com/
upload_2019-11-17_18-23-38.png

Conclusion?
OUTSIDE was great! Inside was not so bad either.....:)

Last edited:

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
Gee, the Carolinas are truly beautiful and looks like awesome food choices too.

I have been all throughout the Western US and Florida but never the Carolinas, Virginia, Georgia.

I gotta put it on my bucket list! Thank you for sharing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Returned from our trip and turned onto our street and saw that our front yard's Maple trees are "getting there"
but still not peaking. Next week they'll be glorious, but here's today:

BTW, I planted these 5 maple trees 26 years ago when we first purchased our home. They are now huge.
There were only tall pine trees at that time.
I wanted my children to be able to take a perfect and beautiful Maple leaf to class
in the first grade and say, "This came from my front yard".
Neighbors stop every year and take pictures, and leave notes saying how much they enjoy them.

upload_2019-11-17_19-50-28.png

Last edited: