• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Florida residency with timeshare

jestme

Reaction score
This may be a stretch, however, I own at HGVC Seaworld, Orlando. Therefore, I could be classified as a resident. Can I use that address and purchase a Florida resident Annual Disney pass?

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not really an HGV question, but the short answer is "no".

Walt Disney World is definitely not an inexpensive attraction, but Florida residents get special perks: They receive discounted admission tickets to Disney World, which means they can go more often and make the most of their proximity to this renowned theme park.

Passes That Qualify
There are multiple options for Florida residents wanting to visit Disney World.

• Florida Resident Premium Annual Pass: Good for admission to all four Disney theme parks—the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and the Animal Kingdom. The pass is also good for both Disney water parks, Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach, along with Disney's Oak Trail golf course. There are no blackout dates, multiple parks can be visited on the same day, and parking is complimentary.
  • Florida Resident Annual Pass: Good for admission to all four Disney theme parks. As with the premium annual pass, there are no blackout dates, you can visit as many parks as you want on the same day, and parking is free.
  • Florida Resident Seasonal Pass: With this pass, you can get into all four Disney theme parks, but blackout days apply. You can visit as many parks as you want in one day, but you have to pay for parking.
  • Florida Resident Weekday Select Pass: This is the best deal for Floridians who want to check out all four Disney theme parks. The pass is good Monday through Friday, and blackout dates apply. And you must pay to park your vehicle.
  • Florida Resident Epcot After 4 p.m. Annual Pass: This is a great pass for those who like the dining options available at Epcot and want to visit in the evening. This is an ideal way to take part in the annual events at Epcot such as the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival, Epcot International Food and Wine Festival and the Epcot Candlelight Processional.

How to Qualify
To qualify as a Florida resident, you must provide proof of a Florida residential address for each adult ticket purchased. Adult means 18 years or older. Anyone using a Florida resident adult ticket must be present at the time the ticket is picked up. The following items may be used as proof of residence:

• Valid Florida driver's license
  • Valid Florida state-issued ID card with a Florida address
  • Valid Florida-based military ID

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
A friend uses my address to get our local stations on Dish at his house.
Apparently, your account address matters more than where you live.
But then, Dish doesn't ask for proof of address, like Disney does.

Last edited:

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Usually a Florida resident is someone who lives at least 6 months a year in Florida.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am a Florida resident, but spend five months In Wisconsin Dells and own two homes and a vacant lot for over thirty years. I do not qualify for any discounts on Dells attractions. Part of the reason is people who own one week at Christmas mountain, or a campground membership feel they have the right to any discounts residents get, and are very argumentative about it.

Firepath

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC
DVC owners do qualify for some of those passes, not the seasonal, weekday, or after 4pm unfortunately.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
I am a Florida resident, but spend five months In Wisconsin Dells and own two homes and a vacant lot for over thirty years. I do not qualify for any discounts on Dells attractions. Part of the reason is people who own one week at Christmas mountain, or a campground membership feel they have the right to any discounts residents get, and are very argumentative about it.
So you get the Florida resident homestead exemption and discounts for being a resident? Is your voting place in Florida too?
I am a full time Florida resident 32 years now.
Silentg

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Not really an HGV question, but the short answer is "no".

Walt Disney World is definitely not an inexpensive attraction, but Florida residents get special perks: They receive discounted admission tickets to Disney World, which means they can go more often and make the most of their proximity to this renowned theme park.

Passes That Qualify
There are multiple options for Florida residents wanting to visit Disney World.

• Florida Resident Premium Annual Pass: Good for admission to all four Disney theme parks—the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and the Animal Kingdom. The pass is also good for both Disney water parks, Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach, along with Disney's Oak Trail golf course. There are no blackout dates, multiple parks can be visited on the same day, and parking is complimentary.
  • Florida Resident Annual Pass: Good for admission to all four Disney theme parks. As with the premium annual pass, there are no blackout dates, you can visit as many parks as you want on the same day, and parking is free.
  • Florida Resident Seasonal Pass: With this pass, you can get into all four Disney theme parks, but blackout days apply. You can visit as many parks as you want in one day, but you have to pay for parking.
  • Florida Resident Weekday Select Pass: This is the best deal for Floridians who want to check out all four Disney theme parks. The pass is good Monday through Friday, and blackout dates apply. And you must pay to park your vehicle.
  • Florida Resident Epcot After 4 p.m. Annual Pass: This is a great pass for those who like the dining options available at Epcot and want to visit in the evening. This is an ideal way to take part in the annual events at Epcot such as the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival, Epcot International Food and Wine Festival and the Epcot Candlelight Processional.

How to Qualify
To qualify as a Florida resident, you must provide proof of a Florida residential address for each adult ticket purchased. Adult means 18 years or older. Anyone using a Florida resident adult ticket must be present at the time the ticket is picked up. The following items may be used as proof of residence:

• Valid Florida driver's license
  • Valid Florida state-issued ID card with a Florida address
  • Valid Florida-based military ID
We have the weekday pass it includes parking too.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
So you get the Florida resident homestead exemption and discounts for being a resident? Is your voting place in Florida too?
I am a full time Florida resident 32 years now.
Silentg
We are Florida residents since 2003. And we vote in Florida. We moved from Illinois and have never been Wisconsin residents, never voted there, never had children in school there , never earned any income there, etc. just had a summer cottage there.
Don’t go to Disney anymore, so we don’t get any discounts, and we don’t get any discounts in the dells either though I spend many thousands in taxes. Just was pointing out that the poster wasn’t the only person who thought they were a property owner because of a timeshare and should get resident privileges.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Most Florida timeshares have something specifically in them that you can't stay in the same unit more than something like 21 days and for that reason state you can't claim it as your permanent residence.

moonstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
This may be a stretch, however, I own at HGVC Seaworld, Orlando. Therefore, I could be classified as a resident. Can I use that address and purchase a Florida resident Annual Disney pass?

We are also in Ontario and own a condo (not a timeshare) in Florida. We are not eligible for a FL residents pass for the reasons others have stated. We were able to get a St Johns County (where our condo is) library card though! Our only piece of FL ID! All that gets us is different E-books than what our home (ON) library has.

~Diane

Janann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
Try one of the dedicated Disney boards like www.mouseowners.com or www.disboards.com for a detailed answer to your question. Its not surprising that many people have tried working every angle to get the Florida discount pass. Disney is very strict on their residency requirements.