• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Rescind Timeshare Contract Jockey Club Resorts

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
After talking it through with the family it seemed like the right decision to make. We bought it in AZ but need to go to headquarters in NV at the jockey club to make things right. I’m mailing all three recession letters signed by both of us out today either way.

Anyone know the hours for the jockey club office?
We are very aware of these sharks and their high pressure sales tactics we are not buying into anything after all this. We have established that we are saying nothing but “i’m not interested” and that we are exercising our legal right to cancel. I know two other members from years ago went in to hand deliver to this address to cancel this. Any advice , or anything about the hours?
I don't understand what you need to 'Make right'? We don't recommend going to the sales office, as (one) that is not where the rescission is done- It's done at their corporate business office, and (two) it gives sales another opportunity to ply you with mostly meaningless discounts, bonuses, pit one spouse against the other, and generally make you uncomfortable and feeling guilty about taking the commission from the poor sales weasel.

The rescission should be handled by Certified mail so that you have proof of delivery as well as a signature of the recipient. All the best to you!

And no. I don't know their office hours.

Jim

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I just called the Jockey Club front desk and they didn't know the office hours. They gave me the number for the office, though, and it is 702-430-9020. I called it and just got a recording to leave a message.

I don't know where you're coming from but I think you'll be setting yourself up for a frustrating time. It's hot here today, you'll have to pay to park most likely, and you may or may not find the right person to talk to. If you just mail your letters by certified mail you'll be satisfying the requirements for rescission as spelled out in your contract.

Good luck!

Last edited:

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
After talking it through with the family it seemed like the right decision to make. We bought it in AZ but need to go to headquarters in NV at the jockey club to make things right. I’m mailing all three recession letters signed by both of us out today either way.

We are very aware of these sharks and their high pressure sales tactics we are not buying into anything after all this. We have established that we are saying nothing but “i’m not interested” and that we are exercising our legal right to cancel. I know two other members from years ago went in to hand deliver to this address to cancel this. Any advice , or anything about the hours?

Why on earth would you go to the Jockey Club Office. Just mail the recession letter, following the instructions in the contract and that will be the end of it. ITS THE LAW. They have to process your recession and provide a full refund, its that simple. Going to the office serves no purpose other than to give the sales sharks yet ANOTHER chance to convince you not to rescind the contract.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1

Don’t go in person. Just send the letters and forget about this ordeal.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
So the seller address provided is a P.o. box and we can’t send certified mail there. Since we aren’t too too far we decided go into the office and give them the letter along with mail being sent to all 3 places.

It's really clear that you really didn't want to listen to the advice that everyone here has provided.

It is so sad that you had to take the time (and money) to return to where you purchased this instead of using the simple instructions of doing everything by U.S. Mail.

By the way, the Post Office DOES deliver CERTIFIED MAIL to Post Office Boxes Monday thru Saturday. I have no idea who provided you with advice otherwise, but it was VERY bad advice.

Hope you were able to rescind without a headache.

kk1521s

Reaction score
It's really clear that you really didn't want to listen to the advice that everyone here has provided.

It is so sad that you had to take the time (and money) to return to where you purchased this instead of using the simple instructions of doing everything by U.S. Mail.

By the way, the Post Office DOES deliver CERTIFIED MAIL to Post Office Boxes Monday thru Saturday. I have no idea who provided you with advice otherwise, but it was VERY bad advice.

I value all of this advice highly. Thank you for diligently answering all my questions. Sorry for the lack of updates, I just needed a phone break. We had previously decided on visiting friends in NV anyways which is why we had the idea to go to the headquarters like a couple of people in this forum earlier who mrsrjl, etc. However thankfully we didn’t go back to the jockey club like we planned. We sent 3 envelopes ( seller po, seller, and escrow) certified, in the state of NV and that gave us peace of mind( Since we were going anyway). I sent them out today postmarked and certified!! Now just waiting.

We haven’t thought about anything .. but we will be in the vicinity we could go in (not say that we have anything certified or sent) and hand it in and leave, since we are here anyways?

Thanks guys

kk1521s

Reaction score

Also you are correct! Certified mail can be sent to P.o. boxes! I was again mistaken because I didn’t fact check. Thanks Karen and everyone.

Nelly1126

Reaction score
Hi everyone, me & my boyfriend recently bought a timeshare here and we decided to cancel after reading all the bad reviews. We went in to the office to cancel I had written a letter to take it to them about canceling the timeshare and when the supervisor came out he made us sign a form. The form had the Nevada law about rescinding a time share, Starpoint's name and basically just the law. It also said everything should be processed within 20 days if not they could be fined like $2,500, according to the supervisor, I have a copy of the form we filled out. We filled out the form and I told him if he needed the letter, once I showed him the letter he said no it was fine, with that form it was enough proof to show that we canceled and that even if I did send it through mail they would send me that form to fill out. He did try to give me other options for timeshares but I said no and he didn't hassle us anymore. Should I still mail in a letter or is that form enough proof of cancellation? I am still within my 5 days.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi everyone, me & my boyfriend recently bought a timeshare here and we decided to cancel after reading all the bad reviews. We went in to the office to cancel I had written a letter to take it to them about canceling the timeshare and when the supervisor came out he made us sign a form. The form had the Nevada law about rescinding a time share, Starpoint's name and basically just the law. It also said everything should be processed within 20 days if not they could be fined like $2,500, according to the supervisor, I have a copy of the form we filled out. We filled out the form and I told him if he needed the letter, once I showed him the letter he said no it was fine, with that form it was enough proof to show that we canceled and that even if I did send it through mail they would send me that form to fill out. He did try to give me other options for timeshares but I said no and he didn't hassle us anymore. Should I still mail in a letter or is that form enough proof of cancellation? I am still within my 5 days.

You should mail just in case certified. Be sure both you and your BF sign the rescission. What was the price of your TS?

Nelly1126

Reaction score
You should mail just in case certified. Be sure both you and your BF sign the rescission. What was the price of your TS?
They told us it would be $6,985 or somewhere around there because we were locals and they tried to lock me down for a lifetime instead of 45 years. We made a $400 deposit and another $200 is supposed to be taken out the first week of October and I asked him if it would be taken out and he said no it wouldn't and that all my money was going to be refunded. I found it weird that he didn't want to take my letter which is why I wasn't to sure if they needed it or not.

sunshinevalues

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
To cancel write Sapphire or Starpoint Resort Group within 10 days of orginal contract address is Starpoint Resort Group c/o Rescission Coordinator PO Box 231300 Las Vegas Nv. 89105--- say " We your names, rescind this agreement ( #.......) with any penalty or obligation. sign your names and date.. WE took cancellation letter in one day after signing contract and salesman completed form to cancel - we also sent certified mail.. That was 10/12/19 and according to BBB (where we saw other complaints) said they have 30 days to return any deposit .. ( We are just 2 weeks from that date.). The Salesman was cooperative during cancellation- actually a very nice presentation - just went online and saw all the negative reviews with the vacation club portion-- so we cancelled.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
To cancel write Sapphire or Starpoint Resort Group within 10 days of orginal contract address is Starpoint Resort Group c/o Rescission Coordinator PO Box 231300 Las Vegas Nv. 89105--- say " We your names, rescind this agreement ( #.......) with any penalty or obligation. sign your names and date.. WE took cancellation letter in one day after signing contract and salesman completed form to cancel - we also sent certified mail.. That was 10/12/19 and according to BBB (where we saw other complaints) said they have 30 days to return any deposit .. ( We are just 2 weeks from that date.). The Salesman was cooperative during cancellation- actually a very nice presentation - just went online and saw all the negative reviews with the vacation club portion-- so we cancelled.
Congrats on canceling. Sapphire or Starpoint May make you wait the entire 30 days. How much would you save with rescission?

Reaction score
New member and sent in rescission paperwork yesterday for a purchase on Sunday at Sapphire. The lightbulbs were going off that it was too good to be true. The selling point that pushed me over the edge was when they said I could rent out the properties and pay for it. I have been looking into doing that with some properties on AirBNB,etc. Went online...found this site after reading a lot of BBB reviews and such...thanks so much for the great information on this site.

So my wife and I love to travel and use NextVacay for heads up info on deals for flights (she travels a ton for work so we have a lot of airline points and Hilton Honors points) and thought the "vacation ownership this is not a timeshare" thing would be the way to go. Now I am pretty much confused as to what the best route to go is. We prefer to travel internationally, Caribbean, Europe, used to be Mexico but thats taken a back seat, and of course to Hawaii. Advice would be great and I will be reading on here to see what makes the most sense if it even includes buying or renting timeshares. Thanks again for the great info...will do my homework instead of thinking the free gift cards and a 2 night stay in Hawaii is worth the 2 hours of time and around $7K.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Reaction score
Thx Karen...I followed your posts/advice. I wonder since it went to a PO Box what if they don't pick it up or accept it? Has that ever happened? I sent it certified so I know it was delivered today but it isn't showing up as picked up.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thx Karen...I followed your posts/advice. I wonder since it went to a PO Box what if they don't pick it up or accept it? Has that ever happened? I sent it certified so I know it was delivered today but it isn't showing up as picked up.
Don’t worry. Postage date is what legally matters, not when they pick up

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
As Grammarhero said above, don't worry. You have fulfilled your obligation under the terms of rescission: you sent your notice of rescission within the time allowed and you have proof that you mailed it in time via your certified mailing receipt. You can prove you did what you were supposed to do, so now the timeshare seller has to fulfill his obligation: rescind the purchase agreement and put all parties in their same situation as if there never were a contract by refunding whatever you paid.

On the outside chance that they never pick up your rescission letter (and I've never heard of that happening) if they contact you about your purchase you have proof you rescinded in time.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

Retain your Postmarked Postal Receipt for your records. The "Rescind Date" is the actual date that appears on your Postal Receipt.

As others have said, the date of mailing is the critical date. It doesn't matter when it is signed for.

Go celebrate!

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Another benefit of mailing it in:

1) What is to stop a sleezy sales rep from dumping the signed document in the round file claiming that he never saw anything from you? Or that you discussed rescission but you told him you changed your mind and didn't turn it in especially if there was no signature from them.

2) They could claim you didn't follow the procedure in the contract (which is the only thing that matters) and therefore the rescission in person is invalid.

David_TS

Reaction score

Hi everyone, the same exact thing happened to my girlfriend and I in Vegas on Nov 14th and we cancelled this time share in person walking into office the very next day. We both signed "Time-share notice of cancellation" form. When asked him about the letter, he mentioned it's not needed as it basically serves the same purpose. I did not send a certified mail, I wish I checked this forum earlier. I received this attached communication from First American Title Insurance Company and it says "The seller states they have provided you with any required notice to retain your funds." Can someone explain me if this is okay? I am not able to understand if I am still part of this bloody contract or not? PLEASE HELP!!

Nelly1126, Can you please tell me how long did it take for you to get the refund? The letter says, I should have already got it by now but haven't received anything yet. Thank you!!

Attachments

• new doc 2019-11-24 15.44.19-1.jpg
    new doc 2019-11-24 15.44.19-1.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 86

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, the same exact thing happened to my girlfriend and I in Vegas on Nov 14th and we cancelled this time share in person walking into office the very next day. We both signed "Time-share notice of cancellation" form. When asked him about the letter, he mentioned it's not needed as it basically serves the same purpose. I did not send a certified mail, I wish I checked this forum earlier. I received this attached communication from First American Title Insurance Company and it says "The seller states they have provided you with any required notice to retain your funds." Can someone explain me if this is okay? I am not able to understand if I am still part of this bloody contract or not? PLEASE HELP!!

Nelly1126, Can you please tell me how long did it take for you to get the refund? The letter says, I should have already got it by now but haven't received anything yet. Thank you!!

Most TUG users advise one never to go in person for a refund; always do it by USPS mail using Certified Mail.

You should allow up to 45 days for your cancellation to be processed and your monies refunded; of course it may be sooner than 45 days.

I will let someone else comment about your communication from the Title Insurance Company.

By the way, TUG member Grammarhero is our resident expert on rescinding; maybe he will chime in on this thread.

WELCOME TO TUG.

Last edited:

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

It seems the title insurance company is confirming your rescission and any refund from the insurance company. The title insurance company is telling you had you not rescinded, the TS would have kept your funds. It appears to be form language.

David_TS

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the clarification and your responses. Here's a quick update on my refund to help future members who get into this crap without knowing. I received the total refund with in 12 days (Including weekends).

I request everyone to read through each and every paper of the contract before you sign. Never ever sign anything without reading because of sales pressure. Doesn't matter how small of a commitment it is. If you take this case for example, the contract says you can pay off your total payment in advance without having to deal with finance but what either contract/sales team won't tell you is you won't get any refund on FINANCED amount even though you pay it off early (You end up paying almost 4500$ for no reason). These people are terrible and I don't know how they can sleep without guilt. my girl friend & I learnt a good life lesson. Thanks guys!!

THANKS EVERYONE FOR STARTING THIS THREAD!! THIS WILL DEFINITELY HELP SO MANY PEOPLE IN THE FUTURE <3<3