• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham VIP benefits

Tony Ternes

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
Wyndham is pushing for me to purchase another 34,000 points which will move us to VIP status Emerald/Advantage (300,000) under the new tier system which implements the end of next 2020. No one can give me a list of VIP benefits. We were VIP the first 2 1/2 years as new owners as part of our new purchase. In the last 3 years, since it has been gone, I haven't noticed any loss. Always was a rule when we tried to use VIP, don't apply, upgrades for this unit don't apply, etc. Can someone other than a Wyndham sales person explain the pros and cons?

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
No one can really answer what the new VIP will actually be because I think even Wyndham has not made it official. There was a post on which someone had a picture of a VIP flyer with some new tiers. One can guess that the new 300k level will have lesser benefits than the current Silver level. Perhaps only 15% discounts, a shorter upgrade window, etc. Definitely no unlimited housekeeping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shorts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Points
Morritts Tortuga Club (9 wks) Grand Cayman
I believe that to qualify for the new level a purchase was going to be required after the program is rolled out and those already at 300k points would not be automatically given VIP status. So it would do you no good to purchase now anyway.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe that to qualify for the new level a purchase was going to be required after the program is rolled out and those already at 300k points would not be automatically given VIP status. So it would do you no good to purchase now anyway.

I got the impression that is was post-roll out as well. But then things aren't going to be said and done until it gets rolled out, and even then there is no telling when the winds of change will breeze through again.

Tony Ternes

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
They showed us the sheet. It was going to be called the Emerald level but they already changed it to Advantage. He stated and the sheet showed that the point level was 300,000-499,000 and all those in that point spread would have the new VIP formly Silver status. He did say that unlimited housekeeping was going to be probably grandfathered in to current 400,000 VIPs. 15% discount will be the new VIP discount. Not sure the VIP status is worth $9500 for 34,000 more points.

Marisol

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Access
Hello, I am truly disappointed with my recent upgrade. I have been silver for two years and had two contracts. I was contacted for an upgrade and actually took time to listen to this one... two hours at that. I was promised that I would be emerald by the time my silver ended in September... well long and behold, I went to use my points and realized I am no longer VIP period! I called and was told Emerald does not begin until late 2020. That is not what I was sold! It is too late to rescind my contract and I was a happy owner but today I am NOT. I could so mo much more with the 800+ a month they get from me and I cannot even use points the way I did with the vip status. They should not be allowed to practice deceptive sales! I cannot believe they get away with it. I am in hopes they correct my contract ASAP or cancel it as I will rather spend the money on an attorney than keep giving them another penny for something they fail to give me! Also how is it possible for someone to lose their status simply because the company decided they change their tier system! so Technically you will never have enough to be what you want because they will always change it!

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am truly disappointed with my recent upgrade. I have been silver for two years and had two contracts. I was contacted for an upgrade and actually took time to listen to this one... two hours at that. I was promised that I would be emerald by the time my silver ended in September... well long and behold, I went to use my points and realized I am no longer VIP period! I called and was told Emerald does not begin until late 2020. That is not what I was sold! It is too late to rescind my contract and I was a happy owner but today I am NOT. I could so mo much more with the 800+ a month they get from me and I cannot even use points the way I did with the vip status. They should not be allowed to practice deceptive sales! I cannot believe they get away with it. I am in hopes they correct my contract ASAP or cancel it as I will rather spend the money on an attorney than keep giving them another penny for something they fail to give me! Also how is it possible for someone to lose their status simply because the company decided they change their tier system! so Technically you will never have enough to be what you want because they will always change it!

Although the new levels have not started, if you bought developer points that put you in the silver range, than you should still be silver. Silver VIP status has not gone away. You need to talk to owner care and find out why, or how your Silver status went away.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
If a sales weasel says by buying X amount of points will make you a permanent VIP at a specific leve! have them write it/include it in the contract. Otherwise consider what was said a lie.

Marisol

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Access
Although the new levels have not started, if you bought developer points that put you in the silver range, than you should still be silver. Silver VIP status has not gone away. You need to talk to owner care and find out why, or how your Silver status went away.

My silver status was only until September 2019 as I was silver only due to bonus points. I did buy the 300 points now however, being silver is no longer going to be the tier then that leaves me at nothing. I called to be informed of what my emerald soon to be benefits will be and they advised they do not even have dates yet sometime late next year and it may not even be called that at that time. Its amazing to me that they can change the rules whenever and that this is legal practices. If I am buying something to use now... do not tell me its now and then surprise me after telling me its just a conversation now and the changes are still not effective or finalized.

Marisol

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Access
If a sales weasel says by buying X amount of points will make you a permanent VIP at a specific leve! have them write it/include it in the contract. Otherwise consider what was said a lie.
That is pretty much the moral of this story! I got sold BS! Thankfully I have most of it in writing via emails but the contracts were all electronic signature and that verbage is not in the contract so basically, I bought crap just more debt and points... no VIP anything!

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was promised that I would be emerald by the time my silver ended in September... well long and behold, I went to use my points and realized I am no longer VIP period! I called and was told Emerald does not begin until late 2020. That is not what I was sold! so Technically you will never have enough to be what you want because they will always change it!

That is pretty much the moral of this story! I got sold BS! Thankfully I have most of it in writing via emails but the contracts were all electronic signature and that verbage is not in the contract so basically, I bought crap just more debt and points... no VIP anything!

So sorry to hear you were hoodwinked into buying. You are Correct on all of the above. This is what I call Daze and confuse, add in some half truths and lies then you have Wyndhams marketing strategy. This plays out everyday at every resort. For every $100 gift that is handed out I wonder what the sales success ratio is?

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)

300k is not enough to keep VIPS unfortunately. This is the kind of deceptive sales practices that result in Wyndham having a very negative reputation overall. I would email Michael.brown@wyn.com and document your experience here and ask for some kind of resolution. Did they add more bonus points with your latest purchase? If so then the bonus points should have kept you at VIPS for another two years, well beyond the late 2020 Privileges implementation timeframe. This way you would then drop down from Champion to Advantage after the bonus point contract expired.

Marisol

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Access
So sorry to hear you were hoodwinked into buying. You are Correct on all of the above. This is what I call Daze and confuse, add in some half truths and lies then you have Wyndhams marketing strategy. This plays out everyday at every resort. For every $100 gift that is handed out I wonder what the sales success ratio is?

Their resorts are lovely and would sell themselves if they were not so deceptive. I have no issue paying monthly but I want what I was sold not what is on the works..etc. At this point I would be fine not having anything to do with them which is sadly disappointing as my kids and I enjoy visiting their resorts but this...this is just pathetic!

Marisol

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Access
300k is not enough to keep VIPS unfortunately. This is the kind of deceptive sales practices that result in Wyndham having a very negative reputation overall. I would email Michael.brown@wyn.com and document your experience here and ask for some kind of resolution. Did they add more bonus points with your latest purchase? If so then the bonus points should have kept you at VIPS for another two years, well beyond the late 2020 Privileges implementation timeframe. This way you would then drop down from Champion to Advantage after the bonus point contract expired.

Being I had two separate contracts and they wanted to combine them and offer me a lower interest rate they could not give me any bonus points. I did rebuttal and state I did not want to upgrade unless they guaranteed I would still have VIP status... He did he said I would not lose anything but 10% going from Silver to Emerald and all else would stay the same, upgrades, unlimited housekeeping and 15% discount vs. 25%. I see you have more information then I do... on tiers, anything you can share? Apparently when I asked they told me they were still not finalized...and that was this morning!

Marisol

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Access

I did email Mr. Brown this am as well, hoping they take my complaint seriously and assist!

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
so, you were silver VIP due to bonus points, which presumably expired in September. You have enough developer points to get the new lowest VIP tier, when it launches, although at that time they will probably require a purchase to make you VIP as just having the points does not automatically enroll you. (that is a guess on my part)

Marisol

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Access
so, you were silver VIP due to bonus points, which presumably expired in September. You have enough developer points to get the new lowest VIP tier, when it launches, although at that time they will probably require a purchase to make you VIP as just having the points does not automatically enroll you. (that is a guess on my part)

Thanks, I believe that is about right based on the fact that is what i have now just points. The issue is that is not what I was told ...I was upgraded to this Tier to ensure I stayed with VIP ...they never once mentioned it would be at a very future date nor that it would be a maybe. This is the issue! I would not had purchased if they were honest.

Does anyone have the upcoming Tier changes ? Seems there is alot of different understandings and names. Thanks again for all who are responding. I appreciate it.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I believe that is about right based on the fact that is what i have now just points. The issue is that is not what I was told ...I was upgraded to this Tier to ensure I stayed with VIP ...they never once mentioned it would be at a very future date nor that it would be a maybe. This is the issue! I would not had purchased if they were honest.

Does anyone have the upcoming Tier changes ? Seems there is alot of different understandings and names. Thanks again for all who are responding. I appreciate it.
index.php

Marisol

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Access
Thank you, this is more than I have been able to get from anyone at Wyndham!

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

What exactly did your contract say you were getting? That's what matters. I don't doubt that they did a bait and switch, which is why reading everything you sign is so important. There are a lot of shady salespeople out there. I am talking about anything from appliance salespeople, vacuum cleaner salespeople, car salespeople, timeshare salespeople, etc. Anyone who makes commission is prone to lie because if you don't buy they don't get paid. It's sad but true. I hope that email was cool-headed. If someone offers to talk with you over the phone, you'll get farther if you stick to facts and leave emotion out of it. Good luck. I hope you get what you need.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)

Here’s a link directly to the Privileges brochure itself right off the exact same website that the sales organization uses for their materials:

https://www.wyndhaminteractivesaleshub.com/club-wyndham/CW_Privileges.pdf

Bookmark this link as it will change as Wyndham makes changes to the program over the next several months. This brochure also includes the legacy VIP levels and how they will grandfather into the Privileges program.

If you go to the base website URL you can also download any other brochure content that sales uses:

https://www.wyndhaminteractivesaleshub.com/clubwyndham.html

drepublic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VIP Silver, Wyndham Clearwater Beach (326k Developer), Wyndham Bonnet Creek (74k Developer and 269k Resale) Wyndham Ocean Boulevard (220.5k Resale)
If a sales weasel says by buying X amount of points will make you a permanent VIP at a specific leve! have them write it/include it in the contract.

What exactly did your contract say you were getting? That's what matters. I don't doubt that they did a bait and switch, which is why reading everything you sign is so important.

This right here...so much this.

I made the move to permanent VIP silver (Future Champion) very recently (owned 326k points and purchased another 74k points to get 400k) and was adamant about getting things in writing. I'm was temporary silver with bonus points and that is well documented on another thread here. Anyway I wanted to become future CHAMPION level as that was the entire push to upgrade now...and look at what these idiots did on the contract while I'm on the phone with Quality Assurance. I took this pic with my phone just before they changed it to say Champion Privileges while on the quality assurance call going over the docusign contract.

error.png

You can see below the SILVER VIP's should move to CHAMPION level in the new Privileges System

privileges.png

So you can see they were setting me up for current Silver VIP but also setting me up for the lowest level Privilege "ADVANTAGE." I even gave the Quality Assurance agent a few attempts to spot this error asking innocent questions then grew rapidly impatient and just lost it....and went very far out of my way to make the quality assurance agent feel less than human and what a colossal waste of my time this is to now have to wait for them to fix this "error" and promptly ended the call. While fixing the "error" I called the sales manager and lit his ass up!!! I could just imagine how this would have went down had I been in the actual resort sales office...

Now maybe they might have made a mistake but I doubt it...as I went over and over and over this point in conversations leading up to this call.

The point is check, check, double check the contracts if any of you move to VIP or upgrade your VIP. You better have the FUTURE PRIVILEGES section labeled appropriately...and thanks to all the cool kids here for providing the charts as it helps being armed when going into conversations with these guys. This is how it contract reads now.

corrected.jpg

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
My question is, what do the 4 asterisks (****) mean next to "Future Privileges"? Check you contract to see what they represent.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
This right here...so much this.

I made the move to permanent VIP silver (Future Champion) very recently (owned 326k points and purchased another 74k points to get 400k) and was adamant about getting things in writing. I'm was temporary silver with bonus points and that is well documented on another thread here. Anyway I wanted to become future CHAMPION level as that was the entire push to upgrade now...and look at what these idiots did on the contract while I'm on the phone with Quality Assurance. I took this pic with my phone just before they changed it to say Champion Privileges while on the quality assurance call going over the docusign contract.

View attachment 14639

You can see below the SILVER VIP's should move to CHAMPION level in the new Privileges System

View attachment 14643

So you can see they were setting me up for current Silver VIP but also setting me up for the lowest level Privilege "ADVANTAGE." I even gave the Quality Assurance agent a few attempts to spot this error asking innocent questions then grew rapidly impatient and just lost it....and went very far out of my way to make the quality assurance agent feel less than human and what a colossal waste of my time this is to now have to wait for them to fix this "error" and promptly ended the call. While fixing the "error" I called the sales manager and lit his ass up!!! I could just imagine how this would have went down had I been in the actual resort sales office...

Now maybe they might have made a mistake but I doubt it...as I went over and over and over this point in conversations leading up to this call.

The point is check, check, double check the contracts if any of you move to VIP or upgrade your VIP. You better have the FUTURE PRIVILEGES section labeled appropriately...and thanks to all the cool kids here for providing the charts as it helps being armed when going into conversations with these guys. This is how it contract reads now.

View attachment 14644

Wow, the fact that they had Advantage as your future tier, just shows how bad the sales organization really is. Trying to set you up for another future sale in order to get you where you thought you would be in the first place. Unbelievable!:mad::wall::shrug: