• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Can CUP holding points be deposited into EEE?

Norcal5

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I cancel a reservation that is now in the 60 day period, are these holding points eligible to deposit in II EEE?
Thanks in advance for any comments!

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
You've raised an interesting question that probably will affect many of us at some point in time: what happens if we make a reservation using our HRPP exclusive use period and--sometime within 60 days of the reservation date--we discover we have an unavoidable scheduling conflict? Can we rescue the points by depositing them into Interval International (EEE) or are we resigned to having to let them fall into the dreaded LCUP category, which substantially reduces both their value and usefulness to the owner?

Since I didn't know the answer to your question, I called Hyatt Owner Services. Here is what they told me: It depends.

If you're barely inside the 60-day period (between 50-60 days), your points are considered "RCUP" (Restricted Club Use Period) and they can still be deposited into II.

If, however, you're closer than 50 days to the reservation date, the points are considered LCUP and would not be able to be deposited to II.

Ultimately, time is of the essence--and it depends how far you are into the 60 day restricted period which determines what your options are.

Last edited:

Norcal5

TUG Member
Reaction score
You've raised an interesting question that probably will affect many of us at some point in time: what happens if we make a reservation using our HRPP exclusive use period and--sometime within 60 days of the reservation date--we discover we have an unavoidable scheduling conflict? Can we rescue the points by depositing them into Interval International (EEE) or are we resigned to having to let them fall into the dreaded LCUP category, which substantially reduces both their value and usefulness to the owner?

Since I didn't know the answer to your question, I called Hyatt Owner Services. Here is what they told me: It depends.

If you're barely inside the 60-day period (between 50-60 days), your points are considered "RCUP" (Restricted Club Use Period) and they can still be deposited into II.

If, however, you're closer than 50 days to the reservation date, the points are considered LCUP and would not be able to be deposited to II.

Ultimately, time is of the essence--and it depends how far into the 60 day restricted period you which determines what your options are.

Thank you Walnut Baron! This would be a valuable fact for Hyatt owners to know.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score

Ultimately, time is of the essence--and it depends how far into the 60 day restricted period you which determines what your options are.

If what Hyatt Owner Services said above is now accurate, then they have changed the rules.

In my experience (numerous times btw) the following has occurred:

If you cancel a reservation less than sixty days out, AND the reservation date was either your HRPP week or earlier, the points become RCUP. These are clearly marked as such in a separate heading on your ownership web page. If you made a reservation using CUP points and the reservation is AFTER your owned week (HRPP), then they would be LCUP points. UNLESS the reservation you cancel is more than six months after your HRPP week. IOW, the points revert back into your account to the status they would have been anyway at the date you cancel the reservation, only restricted.

So the points could be returned as RCUP, LCUP, or if the reservation was made to a date far enough into the future past your LCUP period, the points will simply be lost. If the points will simply be lost, then don't waste your time paying to cancel the reservation. (this has occurred to me twice, once was a high value reservation at Siesta Key. I wanted to cancel to allow another owner to grab the room, but no matter - they would not waive the $41 fee. so I kept it and left the room empty)

If I cancel a reservation that is now in the 60 day period, are these holding points eligible to deposit in II EEE

In my experience, restricted points after the normal EEE deadline may NOT be deposited into EEE. RCUP points however, can be used to MAKE an actual II reservation. And you can make it up to two years out and use e-trade. I have cancelled a reservation 1 day before check-in and used the points for two II weeks with e trade attached, Of course it cost two II fees.

The terminology 'deposit into II' here can be misleading as you don't deposit into II at all. The deposit is to Hyatt into an EEE account, OR a trade into II where you actually choose a week and pay for the trade.

Norcal5

TUG Member
Reaction score
If what Hyatt Owner Services said above is now accurate, then they have changed the rules.

In my experience (numerous times btw) the following has occurred:

If you cancel a reservation less than sixty days out, AND the reservation date was either your HRPP week or earlier, the points become RCUP. These are clearly marked as such in a separate heading on your ownership web page. If you made a reservation using CUP points and the reservation is AFTER your owned week (HRPP), then they would be LCUP points. UNLESS the reservation you cancel is more than six months after your HRPP week. IOW, the points revert back into your account to the status they would have been anyway at the date you cancel the reservation, only restricted.

So the points could be returned as RCUP, LCUP, or if the reservation was made to a date far enough into the future past your LCUP period, the points will simply be lost. If the points will simply be lost, then don't waste your time paying to cancel the reservation. (this has occurred to me twice, once was a high value reservation at Siesta Key. I wanted to cancel to allow another owner to grab the room, but no matter - they would not waive the $41 fee. so I kept it and left the room empty)

In my experience, restricted points after the normal EEE deadline may NOT be deposited into EEE. RCUP points however, can be used to MAKE an actual II reservation. And you can make it up to two years out and use e-trade. I have cancelled a reservation 1 day before check-in and used the points for two II weeks with e trade attached, Of course it cost two II fees.

The terminology 'deposit into II' here can be misleading as you don't deposit into II at all. The deposit is to Hyatt into an EEE account, OR a trade into II where you actually choose a week and pay for the trade.

So, sounds like a last ditch attempt to get some value if you are past the EEE deadline would be to cancel the reservation you can’t use, and rebook something around 60 days (or less) out, then deposit that actual week in II.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, sounds like a last ditch attempt to get some value if you are past the EEE deadline would be to cancel the reservation you can’t use, and rebook something around 60 days (or less) out, then deposit that actual week in II.

Sorry, but no. The Hyatt system does not deposit specific weeks. Your currency into II is the points in your account. If you are past the EEE deadline, call the 800 number and they will help you. It helps if you log into II and find a week as far out as you can, up to two years. They will also help you add e-trade to that.

I think you can do it without calling, but I always call to make sure I get it right.

Norcal5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but no. The Hyatt system does not deposit specific weeks. Your currency into II is the points in your account. If you are past the EEE deadline, call the 800 number and they will help you. It helps if you log into II and find a week as far out as you can, up to two years. They will also help you add e-trade to that.

I think you can do it without calling, but I always call to make sure I get it right.
Thank you both for helping me avoid losing the points!