• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Coconut Plantation resort fee?

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
The confirmation say the getaway has a $25/night resort fee but doesn't say anything about regular exchanges. I did a short stay and was charged the 25/night. The girl at the desk says the fee applies to all exchanges. Has anyone stayed there lately and can confirm they were charged the resort fee? Thanks

Last edited:

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The confirmation say the getaway has a $25/night resort fee but doesn't say anything about regular exchanges. I did a short stay and was charged the 25/night. The girl at the desk says the fee applies to all exchanges. Has anyone stayed there lately and can confirm they were charged the resort fee? Thanks

I was there in April on an exchange and didn't have to pay a per night fee.

I'm pretty sure it was you that caught the fee on the getaway's. I would assume you would have caught it on the Short Stay also. If it wasn't disclosed when you booked it, then you should fight it. Too bad nothing available to exchange into now to see what is being listed.

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Where is this new resort fees shown in the resort budget and how is it use to enchant the resort experience?

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
LMD: The language when you check out as a getaway clearly states getaways are charged.
"REQUIRED RESORT CHARGES
REQUIRED SURCHARGES (energy, accommodations/occupancy tax, bed tax, fees or other miscellaneous) ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE OCCUPANT AND ARE PAYABLE DIRECTLY TO THE RESORT. Surcharges are subject to change without notice. Getaway purchase has nightly resort fee: USD 25. "

Pedro47 - where the money is going....maybe the question may get a better answer in the Hyatt forum??

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
LMD: The language when you check out as a getaway clearly states getaways are charged.
"REQUIRED RESORT CHARGES
REQUIRED SURCHARGES (energy, accommodations/occupancy tax, bed tax, fees or other miscellaneous) ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE OCCUPANT AND ARE PAYABLE DIRECTLY TO THE RESORT. Surcharges are subject to change without notice. Getaway purchase has nightly resort fee: USD 25. "

Pedro47 - where the money is going....maybe the question may get a better answer in the Hyatt forum??

It was a short stay and NOT a getaway. When I inquired at the desk she said ALL exchanges pay the resort fee. I will see if I can get ahold of anyone at the resort to clear it up.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just read the Hyatt forum on resort fees.

So these new resort fees are to cover such things as swimming pools, sauas, hot tubs, lawn care. maint etc.

This year 2019. Hotels & Resorts are Estimated to collect over $2.4 Billion Dollars in these new Resort Fees..

What a rip, after Fifty Years in the hotel industry; how were all these hotels & resorts able to operate without these daily resort fees and still made a Huge Profit. IMHO..

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
I always thought Maintenance fees covered those issues. Why the extra charges from exchangers?

1st Class

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts that have separate resort fees don't appeal to me. I agree with the above poster and dislike being nickel'd and dime'd when those costs are already covered by maintenance fees.

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
LMD - a Bonita exchange came up this morning. I copied the important info. Nothing about resort fee for exchanges, only for Getaway

Destination Information
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Bonita Springs , FL , USA
HCC
icon_elite_small.png

April 18 2020 - April 25 2020
icon_unit.gif
2 6 8

icon_kitchen.gif

Relinquishment Information
XXXX
XXXX
XXXX

Important Advisements
REQUIRED RESORT CHARGES
REQUIRED SURCHARGES (energy, accommodations/occupancy tax, bed tax, fees or other miscellaneous) ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE OCCUPANT AND ARE PAYABLE DIRECTLY TO THE RESORT. Surcharges are subject to change without notice. Getaway purchase has nightly resort fee: USD 25.

IMPORTANT ADVISEMENTS
SMOKE-FREE RESORT. Smoking is NOT permitted in the units or public common areas. Some resorts may have a designated area where smoking is permitted. For additional information, concerns about use of e-smoking devices or possible penalties for non-compliance, contact the resort directly.

BEACH, SKI, DESTINATION LOCATION
A private beach is located 15 minutes away, via ferry.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Please review the Confirmation Certificate provided for each completed transaction to verify that all resort and date information reflects the vacation arrangements requested.
The host accommodations are for use by the individual named on the Certificate and accompanying guests, unless a Guest Certificate is obtained. The Certificate recipient must be over the age of 21.
The host unit may vary from the one indicated. The Certificate does not indicate that a particular view or unit location will be provided at the destination resort. If confirmed to multiple weeks at the same resort, you may be required to move to another unit for each week confirmed.
Security deposits may be required. The amount and form of payment varies by resort and/or season, e.g. Spring Break.
You are responsible for imposed utility/energy surcharges, occupancy or similar taxes, service charges, telephone connection fees, long distance phone charges, personal charges, and applicable amenities usage, housekeeping or resort fees. Ordinarily, daily maid service will not be provided. At those resorts offering such a service, it is usually at an additional fee.
For additional resort or area information, please contact the host resort.
Resort parking is typically limited to one car per unit. A parking fee may be charged. Some resorts may have no on-site parking, requiring the use of an alternate off-site facility at an additional fee. Prior arrangements must be made for parking trailers, boats, motorcycles or any type of recreational vehicle (usually at an off-site location).
Pets are not allowed on-site unless otherwise indicated.
Although most travel is completed without incident, certain destinations and time periods may be of greater risk than others. We do not represent or warrant that travel to a particular location is either advisable or without risk, nor are we liable for damages or losses that may result from such travel. IF YOU ARE NOT A CITIZEN OF THE COUNTRY IN WHICH THE HOST RESORT IS LOCATED, YOU MAY WISH TO CONTACT THE APPROPRIATE AIRLINE, TOURIST OFFICE OR CONSULATE WITHIN YOUR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE FOR ENTRY REQUIREMENTS AND/OR ADVISORIES. PLEASE BE AWARE OF IMPORTANT CHANGES TO REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR ENTRY INTO MANY COUNTRIES. Travel to the U.S.: To enter or re-enter the U.S. when crossing a U.S. border by air, sea, or land, a VALID PASSPORT or other secure, accepted document MUST BE CARRIED.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of all information and rates (subject to change without notice) provided.
Directions posted on alternate websites and GPS navigational systems are often outdated or incorrect. It is advisable to follow directions submitted by the host resort, as they appear on the Confirmation Certificate. You may contact the resort for clarification.

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have an exchange coming up at the Hyatt Coconut Plantation in 10 days. I will keep you posted about the fees

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
My daughter has arranged four hotel rooms there from the 21st to the 25th, us included.

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
My daughter has arranged four hotel rooms there from the 21st to the 25th, us included.
I did get an e-mail from the resort yesterday. Dec 20-Jan 1st guests of the timeshare are NOT able to use the hotel water park :(

Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa

Please be advised that the pools and waterslides located at the adjacent Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa will not be available on the dates of December 20th to January 1st. Access to the restaurants, shops and Stillwater Spa will still be available. On days before or after this period, reservations for wristbands may be made by contacting our Front Desk. (Quantities are very limited and not guaranteed.)

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are at the hotel

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did get an e-mail from the resort yesterday. Dec 20-Jan 1st guests of the timeshare are NOT able to use the hotel water park :(

Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa

Please be advised that the pools and waterslides located at the adjacent Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa will not be available on the dates of December 20th to January 1st. Access to the restaurants, shops and Stillwater Spa will still be available. On days before or after this period, reservations for wristbands may be made by contacting our Front Desk. (Quantities are very limited and not guaranteed.)

I received the same email when I went in April, which was Easter Week. During high demand times they implement this.

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
So we came back from an exchange last weekend. No resort fees were charged. I inquired as to why I was charged the resort fee for my September short stay and all three ladies at the front desk had no idea what I was talking about when I mentioned "short stay" . One of them insisted that Interval only does full weeks (via exchange or getaway). I am going to have to call II to get to the bottom of this.