• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Finally Time for Our Molokai Trip

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
Well congratulations!

I was right on your first post. Once you bought in Molokai, there would be no more WI winters for you.

Do I get a prize?

Enjoy.. You went from the severe mid west winter to probably the best weather in the world.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Well congratulations!

I was right on your first post. Once you bought in Molokai, there would be no more WI winters for you.

Do I get a prize?

Enjoy.. You went from the severe mid west winter to probably the best weather in the world.

Yep, you win a Mai Tai. Let me know when you get here. We’ll even make it a double. :)

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Is your wife in shock or in heaven, or a little bit of both?

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
The weather today has been great. I slept so well I didn’t get up until 8am. We really are in heaven right now. :)

One thing I wanted to mention. When I was waiting at the airport to pickup my wife. I found a seat looking right at the doorway she would have to come through. I was probably about 30 yards from the doorway. I saw her coming down the escalator and stood up so she could see me. She didn’t notice me until she got through the door way and I started waving.

As soon as see saw me, she started crying and I had to rush over to her because I thought she was going to go down to the floor. She recovered pretty well and I got her over to the chair. That’s where we took the photo above. One of my favorite moments ever!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Definitely a combination of shock/heaven! She's been through a whirlwind of activity and change in the last month. Good job with the lei!

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is your wife in shock or in heaven, or a little bit of both?

I’ll have to say heaven because that’s what she said this morning. :)

It always took her an extra day to recuperate from the time change so she was up early again today. When I got up she said sitting on the lanai knowing she’s retired and how beautiful everything was she said she was in heaven.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Definitely a combination of shock/heaven! She's been through a whirlwind of activity and change in the last month. Good job with the lei!

Yes, we are down to the last step now. Getting the house sold. Sounds like the carpet goes in Wednesday and then the realtor will take the official pictures for the add.

My wife took some pictures of the empty house. It looked strange.

Reactions: Xan

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Honestly, I can't even imagine retiring and then moving 3 days later. Just retiring is such a big change, not to mention everything else she's done the last month. Even if it's wonderful, it has to be kind of stressful. But she's in exactly the right place to recover!

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Honestly, I can't even imagine retiring and then moving 3 days later. Just retiring is such a big change, not to mention everything else she's done the last month. Even if it's wonderful, it has to be kind of stressful. But she's in exactly the right place to recover!

The whole situation was strange the way it happened. I think us deciding what was going to happen after I took the job made it easier for her when she had to stay behind. As soon as I accepted the job she said she was retiring.

One thing I told her was if I would do anything different, I would have had her just come with me when I left but she said now that she’s here, she is glad we did it the way we did so that made me feel better.

Here’s some pictures of our empty house.

3955BEAC-1F8C-4DA9-B2AF-DA4A55CF39BC.jpeg
E3E50FA9-5B15-4630-9D01-C9BB2CCC6B81.jpeg
36C8B96F-0B49-4AB3-9343-4E39C31B1163.jpeg
CF7F9B6A-2EA1-4D39-B117-4A3D19FAA549.jpeg

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Forget to mention the lei. I bought one on my way to work on Friday. So of course I left it in the refrigerator. There was a mobile cart selling fresh ones at the airport so I picked one up. It was only $10 too. So I told her she will get one when she goes to Oahu too. :p

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Took a walk to the pool and there was a lady going out on a stand up paddle board. And a boat anchored by the beach next door.

83BFC6A1-203A-4F89-81EA-FF7EE9188A75.jpeg
A89B684A-24C2-464F-A446-C5C65CC07FE6.jpeg

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
It can be done. Dh's last day on the job was November 15, 2012 and the next day we were on the road to our new home in Santa Fe. I worked from home through the end of the year.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It can be done. Dh's last day on the job was November 15, 2012 and the next day we were on the road to our new home in Santa Fe. I worked from home through the end of the year.

I think it helped us because we were talking about it for almost ten years and didn’t really know if we could make it happen. Once we bought the condo last year we knew it would happen it little did we know what was in store for us. :)

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
$5.00 a gal doesn't feel so bad. It isn't far to anywhere. Like, you aren't driving to Chicago or somewhere. We're getting along, buying 15 gallons a month or so in the electric car and my pickup for hauling. We could get by on less, but at this stage, why?

We wish you well, and hope for the day that you (and the wife's) new life in Hawaii will just be 'normal'.

Good Luck and much happiness to you both!

Jim

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That's what my husband and I were just saying - you aren't going to drive nearly as much on Molokai. I mean, where are you going to go? :)

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
$5.00 a gal doesn't feel so bad. It isn't far to anywhere. Like, you aren't driving to Chicago or somewhere. We're getting along, buying 15 gallons a month or so in the electric car and my pickup for hauling. We could get by on less, but at this stage, why?

We wish you well, and hope for the day that you (and the wife's) new life in Hawaii will just be 'normal'.

Good Luck and much happiness to you both!

Jim

Thank You Jim and Thanks for following along.
Yes, we really didn’t plan on these vehicles for when we went to Hawaii. It we just got them before we found out we were moving and we do like them. We get about 27 miles to the gallon with them and like you said we don’t go far so we will stick with them.

They are 4 wheel drive so that is nice for some of the dirt roads here and they do have a higher ground clearance so that helps with some of the drainage dips over the road here. The seats fold down good so if we need to we can get a lot in them.

Don’t think we need the heated seats anymore though. :cool:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Oh I don't know. As you become used to the islands you'll start to think 75 degrees is cold. :D

My wife was cold last night and had to put on a blanket. It was probably 77 degrees :)

Couldn’t be more perfect here right now.
87 and the sun is shining and Lanai is in the background. I can even see the Big Island today. :cool:

B430638E-06FF-47D5-B997-3812F376D41A.jpeg

Last edited:

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
Yep, you win a Mai Tai. Let me know when you get here. We’ll even make it a double. :)

Thanks and I’ll buy the dinner. I go there often.

Say, now that you live in Hawaii, where are you planning to vacation? Wisconsin perhaps?

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks and I’ll buy the dinner. I go there often.

Say, now that you live in Hawaii, where are you planning to vacation? Wisconsin perhaps?

I actually have to think about that for vacation next year. I don’t think we go back to Wisconsin for a couple years. If we went back sooner, when we visit everyone would still be working. In a couple years some friends and family will be retired.

We already had plans and have reservations for Kauai next year. So for right know it will be other islands and mostly Molokai.

In a couple years we may do Denver or Las Vegas. My daughter lives in Denver and she said she would visit Vegas again and I know my son would be up for that.

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
I actually have to think about that for vacation next year. I don’t think we go back to Wisconsin for a couple years. If we went back sooner, when we visit everyone would still be working. In a couple years some friends and family will be retired.

We already had plans and have reservations for Kauai next year. So for right know it will be other islands and mostly Molokai.

In a couple years we may do Denver or Las Vegas. My daughter lives in Denver and she said she would visit Vegas again and I know my son would be up for that.

Oh yes, locals and Hawaiians love to vacation in Las Vegas. Many use this company in Hawaii because it’s pretty cheap.

https://www.boydvacationshawaii.com

I actually have gone downtown and met up with 3 friends from Hawaii by coincidence.

PrairieGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your new doors look wonderful! Jeff (and Mrs. Jeff), thank you so much for taking us along on your journey to your new life! Thank goodness all has turned out so well, you have given others the inspiration to go for their dreams. "Believe and Achive" seems to sum up the story so far. Aloha and Mahalo for including all of us!

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Oh yes, locals and Hawaiians love to vacation in Las Vegas. Many use this company in Hawaii because it’s pretty cheap.

https://www.boydvacationshawaii.com

I actually have gone downtown and met up with 3 friends from Hawaii by coincidence.

Thanks for the link I’ll have to check it out. I do have a few hundred thousand United miles too. That we planned to use for more Hawaii trips.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Your new doors look wonderful! Jeff (and Mrs. Jeff), thank you so much for taking us along on your journey to your new life! Thank goodness all has turned out so well, you have given others the inspiration to go for their dreams. "Believe and Achive" seems to sum up the story so far. Aloha and Mahalo for including all of us!

Thank You, I’m glad people enjoyed it. It was fun posting as everything moved along. Looming back it is amazing how everything fell together and worked out.

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
Thanks for the link I’ll have to check it out. I do have a few hundred thousand United miles too. That we planned to use for more Hawaii trips.

Yes, I was very fortunate. I completed my Doctorate of Education at the University of Hawaii at Manoa. You will find the people there are wonderful. They say Ohana is a real tradition because they needed to be given they were living on an isolated group of islands. Their sense of caring, sharing and respect are unparalleled.

Check out the history of Queen Emma Hospital. It’s history really tells you the essence of Hawaiian thought.

I did find that locales are slow to warm up because they really want to know you are there for the long haul. Hawaii is so transient. Once they know that, you will be a local officially and formally a member of Ohana.