• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free: 2BR - Marriott's Manor Club - Original Section - Platinum Season (13-43,48-52)

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Purchase Price: Free
Resort: Marriott's Manor Club - Original Historic Building
Unit Size: 2BR
Week: Platinum season, floats 13-43, 48-52
Usage: Annual, begins 2020
Check in days: Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
Most Recent Maintenance Fee (2019): $1,418 annual - Next maintenance fee will be due on or shortly after Jan 1, 2020. Property tax is billed to the owner separately.
Exchange: Interval International (Membership not included)
Closing costs: The recipient will pay for the closing and transfer fees. LT Transfers is the most ideal, but you can choose your own if you prefer.

I have three of these.

Beachspace

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Vista / Harbour Lake
I'll probably take 1 of these as well if you can still get me that Shadow Ridge one. Thanks man!

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1

Beachspace

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Vista / Harbour Lake
How do these rent? More than MF, Break Even, or take a loss?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
How do these rent? More than MF, Break Even, or take a loss?
Given that you can purchase getaways pretty cheap most times of the year, I suspect they don't rent really well. Williamsburg has huge over supply. Not as bad as Orlando, but oversupply nonetheless.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is this a dedicated 2-bedroom, or a lock-off? I can never remember which Marriotts have lock-offs.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Is this a dedicated 2-bedroom, or a lock-off? I can never remember which Marriotts have lock-offs.
Original section is dedicated, sequel is lock off. So this would be dedicated 2BR.

DRIless

Reaction score
Given that you can purchase getaways pretty cheap most times of the year, I suspect they don't rent really well. Williamsburg has huge over supply. Not as bad as Orlando, but oversupply nonetheless.
While there are lots of timeshares, weeks like the 4th of July and right now (mid-August before most kids go back to school) there is almost nothing to be had in Williamsburg unless you find a last minute cancellation.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
While there are lots of timeshares, weeks like the 4th of July and right now (mid-August before most kids go back to school) there is almost nothing to be had in Williamsburg unless you find a last minute cancellation.
Even when there is nothing available in the summer it is usually after months of II and RCI offering weeks at $500 or less for a 2 BR which is quite a bit lower than most MF's. I think it would be near impossible to rent out a Manor Club with MF around $1400 to break even.

IMO Manor club works if you are flexible and want to do an internal exchange through II for some of the higher value Marriott's but you have to be flexible. If only a holiday or July week in a 2 BR in Hawaii or a July week in SC, you may get lucky 50% of the time but that still means you will be dissapointed 50% of the time.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
dioxide45 and tschwa2 are correct. Manor club is great for owner occupying or exchanging, but not renting. You will have a very difficult time recouping your maintenance fees by renting and I don't care what week you reserve. It is similar to Orlando. You might get lucky renting for maintenance fees or better at Grande Vista but you have to get really lucky. There are too many bargains out there and also people violating the rules by renting out getaways for next to nothing.

The fees are low and the trading power is actually excellent for Manor Club, but rental supply and demand is too out of whack for renting out.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I want this unit because I want to stay at a four star resort in an amazing city. That will be enough for me.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
dioxide45 and tschwa2 are correct. Manor club is great for owner occupying or exchanging, but not renting. You will have a very difficult time recouping your maintenance fees by renting and I don't care what week you reserve. It is similar to Orlando. You might get lucky renting for maintenance fees or better at Grande Vista but you have to get really lucky. There are too many bargains out there and also people violating the rules by renting out getaways for next to nothing.

The fees are low and the trading power is actually excellent for Manor Club, but rental supply and demand is too out of whack for renting out.

I’m starting to learn Marriott. What trades can you get for Manor Ford’s Colony?

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
:(:(:(Dose of realism. I’m unlikely to pass ROFR.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Next maintenance fee will be due on or shortly after Jan 1, 2020. Property tax is billed to the owner separately.
I didn't realize that property taxes were billed separately for timeshares in VA or at Manor Club? Is that a copy/paste error from one of your freebie CA weeks?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I owned manor club for a few years and do not remember that taxes were billed separately. I currently own at another Williamsburg timeshare and the taxes are included in the MF's. There are 2 counties and 1 city area where there are timeshares in Williamsburg so mine might be different than someone else's but like I said I don't think Manor club owners are billed separately but I could be remembering incorrectly.

pianodinosaur

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
:(:(:(Dose of realism. I’m unlikely to pass ROFR.

You might be pleasantly surprised. If the owner is willing to gift you the timeshare, Marriott May have no other choice but to accept the transfer of title.

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
You might be pleasantly surprised. If the owner is willing to gift you the timeshare, Marriott May have no other choice but to accept the transfer of title.

Marriott is alleging they have ROFR even on gift weeks now. (According to LT Transfers, who I have no reason to doubt).

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Marriott is alleging they have ROFR even on gift weeks now. (According to LT Transfers, who I have no reason to doubt).
Someone will sue them eventually. It is one thing to sell for a price you are comfortable with and Marriott gets ROFR. It is another to have spent your money to purchase and want to gift it to a friend or extended family member and Marriott can take it for free.

pianodinosaur

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge

You may well be correct. You can hire a lawyer to argue anything. However, I recently passed ROFR paying $1.00 for a 2 bedroom platinum unit at Legend’s Edge. I think it is still worth a try at the Manor Club. We have stayed at Marriott’s Manor Club and had a great time.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score

LT Transfers forwarded me the email and it is from MVC and very specific. The email states all transfers without a waiver will be rejected (excluding immediate family members).

It sounds as though that they "might" just be doing it from a monitoring perspective. My issue is that we now have to pay $95 more for a freebie and we didn't have to not long ago.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't realize that property taxes were billed separately for timeshares in VA or at Manor Club? Is that a copy/paste error from one of your freebie CA weeks?

Yes :doh:. I copied from my Palm Dessert listing and forgot to change that part. There are no separate taxes.