• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Beyond

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be at our unit starting this Sunday. I received the concierge call to make sure everything is ok for our up coming stay and to sign us up for the sales pitch, I mean owners update. I told him we are not interested in the HPP. He said that Monday would be the first day of selling a new program called “Marriott Beyond”. I said, you mean Bonvoy? He said, no Bonvoy is the hotel points program, this is “Beyond”, where we can use our Hyatt ownership to exchange into all of the other Marriott owned properties. I said I had never heard of this program. He said that it is brand new, they just finished training for it, and if I signed up for the 8:30 Monday Owners Update, I would be the first one to see the new program. I asked for him to email me some marketing material so I would have a better understanding of what I would be walking into. He said that he is not allowed to send anything until after Monday. I said I would have to discuss it with my wife. When I did, she rolled her eyes and was not favorable to sitting through another sales pitch. I’ll work on her, as I’m curious what this is.

Has anyone else heard of Marriott Beyond? I cannot find anything on it.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
We will be at our unit starting this Sunday. I received the concierge call to make sure everything is ok for our up coming stay and to sign us up for the sales pitch, I mean owners update. I told him we are not interested in the HPP. He said that Monday would be the first day of selling a new program called “Marriott Beyond”. I said, you mean Bonvoy? He said, no Bonvoy is the hotel points program, this is “Beyond”, where we can use our Hyatt ownership to exchange into all of the other Marriott owned properties. I said I had never heard of this program. He said that it is brand new, they just finished training for it, and if I signed up for the 8:30 Monday Owners Update, I would be the first one to see the new program. I asked for him to email me some marketing material so I would have a better understanding of what I would be walking into. He said that he is not allowed to send anything until after Monday. I said I would have to discuss it with my wife. When I did, she rolled her eyes and was not favorable to sitting through another sales pitch. I’ll work on her, as I’m curious what this is.

consider the source. I think we would have heard about a new program being introduced by Marriott

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
My guess: II.
That’s my guess. Priority exchange just like the MVC owners currently have when they exchange. So everyone would have priority with everyone or priority over any other owner outside the MVC

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score
My guess: II.
That’s my guess. Priority exchange just like the MVC owners currently have when they exchange. So everyone would have priority with everyone or priority over any other owner outside the MVC

I don’t see how they sell us with II. We already have access to it. Also, for the sales guy to steer the conversation away from HPP when I brought it up seem odd. Though, he may have heard the possibility of a sale going down the toilet when I said I was not interested in hearing about the HPP so made something up. I mean, a timeshare sales guy would not just make something up, right?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I don’t see how they sell us with II. We already have access to it. Also, for the sales guy to steer the conversation away from HPP when I brought it up seem odd. Though, he may have heard the possibility of a sale going down the toilet when I said I was not interested in hearing about the HPP so made something up. I mean, a timeshare sales guy would not just make something up, right?
Yes but you don’t have priority access to Vistana and MVC properties. It could be cross priority BEYOND anyone’s comprehension lol

Edward Druy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Windward Pointe Beach House Hacienda del Mar Pinion Point

I just attended a Hyatt sales pitch last week at the Carmel Highlands. It was the same old, same old. I asked specifically about whether or not Marriott would be incorporated into the Hyatt Portfolio Program. Nothing forthcoming from the sales force, just crickets. If it is true, it will make the portfolio program worth looking at again, but up until now, it offers no advantages to those of us who have proper deeds to the Hyatt timeshare resorts.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Remember the old saying: "If a salesperson's lips are moving . . . .." Why would a Timeshare Company release information through a highly distrusted sales staff and not to the Membership in General
?

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Remember the old saying: "If a salesperson's lips are moving . . . .." Why would a Timeshare Company release information through a highly distrusted sales staff and not to the Membership in General
?

In general, I agree. However they need to train their staff in advance of an announcement, unless they propose a future date for the rollout. Announcing before the effective date would cause issues with killing current sales and grandfathering etc between the announcement date and date of roll-out.

My gut says this might be sales lips moving because their SEC disclosure mentions integration with Vistana and MVC first and Hyatt later. However it could mean that Hyatt reps can sell the points programs of all three (HPP, MVC DC, Vistana Flex). That doesn't mean you can cross book yet without an ownership in the other program.

Last edited:

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily. We were never told about HPP. We still have not received any kind of official notice that introduces it.
The only "official" notice you will receive is at the owner's update (HPP pitch). Hyatt can't do a general mailout notice as they are not licensed to sell in all states.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The only "official" notice you will receive is at the owner's update (HPP pitch). Hyatt can't do a general mailout notice as they are not licensed to sell in all states.
good point, but that is exactly why HPP is so confusing and there is so much conflicting information .

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
I was just at Hyatt Highlands Inn and invited to a one-hour presentation, something about Marriott, said the guy on the phone. DH didn't want to attend, I was curious, but didn't want to go without an incentive. Oh well. They offered a $125 resort credit if we both showed up.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score

Did you end up going to the meeting?

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you end up going to the meeting?

Not yet. I had my wife on board with going, then we found out (I remember reading about this on TUG, but had forgotten) they are not doing the presentations from the property anymore. You now have to go to some consolidated location elsewhere. I lost my wife at this point, her agreement was tenuous to begin with. The time to drive to some location, probably pay for parking, etc... then attend what will most assuredly be more than an hour, and for $100. Nope. I am going to try and just drop by solo and see if they will give me some info.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not yet. I had my wife on board with going, then we found out (I remember reading about this on TUG, but had forgotten) they are not doing the presentations from the property anymore. You now have to go to some consolidated location elsewhere. I lost my wife at this point, her agreement was tenuous to begin with. The time to drive to some location, probably pay for parking, etc... then attend what will most assuredly be more than an hour, and for $100. Nope. I am going to try and just drop by solo and see if they will give me some info.

Come on Sapper, don't let us down - We're counting on you!!

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You have everyone on the Marriott forum worked up! Get TUG your presentation details to satisfy their curiosity!

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
You have everyone on the Marriott forum worked up!

Or just report back that the new plan will allow access to all of Hyatt, Westin, and Vistana. And that DC owners will be required to purchase a min of 1000 new points to qualify. That ought to get another 25 pages of speculation!!!!

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Come on Sapper, don't let us down - We're counting on you!!

You have everyone on the Marriott forum worked up! Get TUG your presentation details to satisfy their curiosity!

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Yeah, sorry, I thought I could just walk in and pretend to be fresh meat. It’s worked in the past. Instead, I was given this lecture that there is a new sales location that combines sales from the three different Hyatt properties, and that I would have to schedule an appointment. I could choose either 8:30AM or 11:30AM. Should I be concerned that there is a three hour gap between the start times for what is supposed to be a one hour “owner update”?

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
Should I be concerned that there is a three hour gap between the start times for what is supposed to be a one hour “owner update

Probably just reflects the lack of 'marks'. If you stop by the booth on Duvall St you can probably get $150 for the signup

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Probably just reflects the lack of 'marks'. If you stop by the booth on Duvall St you can probably get $150 for the signup

$150 would be more attractive to my wife. I still just want to know what the heck “Marriott Beyond” is.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We signed up for the presentation at the Hyatt hotel in town and got a much better offer then from the resort last year when we stayed at Sunset Harbor

AJCts411

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset x 2
The Simonton/Front street location of the sales office in Key West is a excellent jumping off point for a self guided walking tour...with lots of refreshment stations along the way. So you get a free ride there Hyatt, money or???, and then walk out into a convenient location. And a taxi voucher. Our "private" update tool about 35 mins. The closer another 10 mins. (still a no)