• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Changing Reservation from Valdoro to FA Los Cabos

kbgann

Reaction score
Since HGVC is closed today, I thought I’d see if anyone here knows the answer. I have a reservation booked for next January at Valdoro Mountain Lodge. We were going to do a family ski trip, but it looks like that’s not going to happen now. I’m trying to change that reservation to FA Los Cabos in April, but it will not show me availability for FA Los Cabos when I use the change reservation option. I know there are rooms available because I can see them when I go to book a brand new reservation. Is there some rule that doesn’t allow you to change a reservation at an HGVC resort to an affiliates resort?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Is there a message when you create a new reservation that its not changeable?

I think its been reported here that the FA reservations are non-changeable, that could be why you are blocked from moving a changeable reservation there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Hyatt Residence Club Wild Oak Ranch
SmithOp is right. I tried to re-create what you were looking at by attempting to change my Valdoro in January to an April at FA Los Cabos. It also shows no availability, but when looking at the destination for a new reservation, it has almost universal availability. So, I went back and looked at the non-changeable reservation resorts using my changeable reservation and they all have the same issue. It looks like you'll have to cancel and re-book FA Los Cabos as a new non-changeable reservation.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
...It looks like you'll have to cancel and re-book FA Los Cabos as a new non-changeable reservation.

Why should you have to pay a 2nd ressie fee just for that?
I'd call and see if they can do it for you w/o paying to rebook.

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Hyatt Residence Club Wild Oak Ranch
Why should you have to pay a 2nd ressie fee just for that?
I'd call and see if they can do it for you w/o paying to rebook.
You’re probably right. A couple years ago I had an Explorean reservation that was no change/cancel, but I called and they let me cancel.

kbgann

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. I think we’re also going to take the kids to Orlando next summer so I can just change my Valdoro reservation to Orlando and not have to pay another booking fee. And thanks for the reminder that the FA bookings are non-changeable. I always get a little inpatient and like to walk my reservations, so I’m glad I didn’t try that with this one.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd think that if you were changing a "changeable" booking to a non-changeable booking, that you could call and they'd refund/waive the booking fee.

Although as pointed out, the FA aren't changeable so once that's done/booked, your only option is to cancel if you change your mind, or something comes up.

wed100105

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was searching Valdoro today on the app and Hilton.com for a reward or cash reservation and had zero availability for the entire year. ???

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was searching Valdoro today on the app and Hilton.com for a reward or cash reservation and had zero availability for the entire year. ???

There are sporadic 1-2 days until April when it opens up with plenty in points.

2a912d874312ebbfa7f846d5d7d37326.jpg

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks, but I’m not a HGVC owner. I was trying to book either hhonors points or cash.

I should have elaborated, I was trying to add to what you indicated by showing that even HGVC owners did not see much either. This indicates to me that a lot of owners are using their winter weeks and not trading to other HGVC resorts or converting to HHonors points. The inventory pool is probably smaller there also vs somewhere like Vegas that a lot of owners use to trade.

You should keep looking, there may be cancellations that show up in a shorter timeframe.

wed100105

TUG Member
Reaction score
I should have elaborated, I was trying to add to what you indicated by showing that even HGVC owners did not see much either. This indicates to me that a lot of owners are using their winter weeks and not trading to other HGVC resorts or converting to HHonors points. The inventory pool is probably smaller there also vs somewhere like Vegas that a lot of owners use to trade.

You should keep looking, there may be cancellations that show up in a shorter timeframe.

Thank you!