• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Little Gull

dms1709

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Coconut Point (5), Marriott Legends Edge
I just put a unit on hold for Little Gull on Longboat key for a week in July. The reviews are a bit dated, can someone give me their thoughts on the resort? I will be taking my granddaughter. I have a one bedroom. Thank You

Donna

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
A nice, small older resort. Some units are on the beach and some are across the road.

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
We really enjoyed our one stay there. Just be aware that it is HOT in Florida in July. If you don't mind that, you'll likely enjoy your stay.

There are stairs to many of the units if that is an issue.

Sheila

mark201235

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a hold on a 3 BR unit here for the first week in September 2020. 26 TPU’s with RCI. According to the resort website it looks like there is only one three bedroom unit, unit #7. Any Tuggers recently stay in this unit? If so, what’s it like? A long ways away but hopefully no hurricanes and not too terribly hot!!

Mark

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
I have a hold on a 3 BR unit here for the first week in September 2020. 26 TPU’s with RCI. According to the resort website it looks like there is only one three bedroom unit, unit #7. Any Tuggers recently stay in this unit? If so, what’s it like? A long ways away but hopefully no hurricanes and not too terribly hot!!

Mark

What are you waiting for . . . confirm it!!!!

It's as close to having a private condo on the beach as there is in timesharing. It is vintage Florida, before highrises, traffic congestion and water pollution.

As I tried to say before, great area, great beach and great resort. Longboat Key is the upscaliest of the Sarasota area barrier islands. If I'm not mistaken, the 3-bedroom is across the road from the beach, but that's not a deal-breaker.

Nope. I'm wrong, it's the 4-bedroom that's across the road. Lucky you, the 3-bedroom is Unit 7 (like you said), on the beach.

https://vacationfla.com/little-gull-cottages

Also, they have a boat dock on the bay side.

If you golf, take your clubs, and see if you can get
on: https://www.longboatkeyclub.com/golf-course-fees/

It's private, for members and hotel guests only, but . . .

I mean, how cute is Little Gull?

http://littlegullcottages.com/resort-information

If more timeshare resorts were like this, small, intimate, and so very well done, there'd be a lot more happy owners. JMHO

Last edited:

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Never owned at Little Gull but stopped by and checked it out a number of years ago. I liked what I saw...

George

mark201235

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I’m going to confirm it and hope my wife’s work schedule cooperates. That’s the problem with RCI for us. I see the good stuff pop up early, long before vacation schedules can be approved. But it has generally worked out better than not for us. We’ve never stayed in this part of Florida before. Been to Clearwater for day trips (when in Orlando) but for the most part vacation on the east coast or Fort Myers Beach when going to Florida. We were in FMB for the week mid August two summers ago and it was beyond hot ! The gulf water felt like a hot tub. Little Gull looks like a real nice resort and Longboat Key looks like a great area and I don’t see it pop up very often with RCI.

Mark

dms1709

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Coconut Point (5), Marriott Legends Edge
I booked a unit at Little Gull for next May, is there any way I can find out what unit I will have?
Donna

mark201235

TUG Member
Reaction score
I booked a unit at Little Gull for next May, is there any way I can find out what unit I will have?
Donna

If you booked through RCI give them a call or chat. They should be able to tell you the unit number assigned to the exchange. Although they will inform you there are no guarantees as to being placed in that specific unit.

Mark

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
TI see the good stuff pop up early, long before vacation schedules can be approved.
Mark

When we used to use RCI for our annual trips to SW FL, I would start looking for two years out while we were there. I normally booked more than a year out, more like 15-18 months out.

Donna

With small, intimate resorts you tend to get the exact unit the RCI member deposited, so calling the resort would be good advice. You could call RCI, too. Relating back to when we did SW FL regularly, I always knew what unit we were getting, one way or another.