• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Does the chat person ever come online on Sundays?

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
No, the online chat is closed on Sunday -- I've sent an email on Sunday saying I tried to cancel a reservation and it was right on 60 days (or 61 days?) and I was concerned the points would become restricted points. On Monday, Marriott canceled my reservation and did not restrict the points.

That may your best option today, to cancel. Good luck!

Best,

Greg

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I need to cancel a reservation.
Points or weeks. While I don't know for sure I've been told by the advisors on 2 occasions you can effetely cancel a week on Marriott.com but not DC points, I don't know for sure. I'd try Chat, I've certainly seen them at times when the office was closed like early morning or late night. I don't know that I've ever tried for Sunday. I'd probably send an email and call Monday morning hoping hey won't be restricted, they likely won't in that situation.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Remember the days when we could conduct business with them 7 days a week?

It wasn't that long ago, and wouldn't it be nice if they bring it back? Now that would be great consumer friendly service!

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Remember the days when we could conduct business with them 7 days a week?

It wasn't that long ago, and wouldn't it be nice if they bring it back? Now that would be great consumer friendly service!

And with the expansion and assuming they can integrate them, we'd likely see that options. Run independently likely not.

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
After posting I went through the website and found “chat now” somewhere in education and resources. Chat person said they were there until 5.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
After posting I went through the website and found “chat now” somewhere in education and resources. Chat person said they were there until 5.

Were they able to cancel your reservation for you?

Mike

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Chat has done that in the past for me.

This time I was waiting for someone to give me dates and size of unit but we never got to that stage yesterday. I ended up having to call today.