• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

MB Realty

1950panda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever had a successful transaction from
MB Realty

Multinational Brokers

600 THIRD AVE, 2ND FLOOR NY, NY 10016

☎ (917) 970-0739 (646) 568-5356

www.mbrealtyllc.com

They sent me an offer to buy my Luxxe Loft They advise I do not have to pay anything up front. I am very distrustful though I did have success is getting rid of a timeshare in an exchange with Value Traders. I am leary though. I could not get a telephone listing for that address with New York directory.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
It's a scam - their website was just created 3 months ago. Eventually, they will con you into paying some upfront fees, and steal your money. They will have you send the money to an account outside the US, so you won't have any recourse.

*If you continue to discuss this with them, you will be tagged as an "easy mark," and get lots more scam phone calls/emails.

Website Creation Date: 2019-04-01

The address is for a "virtual office" - https://www.regus.co.ao/en-ao/virtu.../manhattan/new-york-new-york-600-third-avenue

Reactions: RX8

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
These same scammers are also running the fake company Real Estate Properties Management. That website is essentially identical except for the name and city (which is a fake address anyway). Google search reveals that they are also cold calling and asking for “fees” from the seller to proceed, just like MB Realty.

https://www.realestatepropertiesmanagement.com/index.html

Crystalsal

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vedanta Mexico
Hi Denise, I have been recently approached by MB Realty Multinational Brokers LLC located 600 third avenue NY. Also tried to find out if it was a licensed company. I initially signed a "contract" to sell my timeshare in Mexico but have to pay some thousands of US dollars for Mexican tax. Is this contract legal?

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
[Deleted]

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Denise, I have been recently approached by MB Realty Multinational Brokers LLC located 600 third avenue NY. Also tried to find out if it was a licensed company. I initially signed a "contract" to sell my timeshare in Mexico but have to pay some thousands of US dollars for Mexican tax. Is this contract legal?

I don't know if the contract is legal or not, but if you are paying thousands of US Dollars in Mexican Tax then you are being robbed of your hard earned money.

The old "Phantom" Mexican Tax scheme. It never seems to stop.

If you've paid this tax in advance then you can be sure it is long gone! You can also be sure that they will never sell your Mexican Timeshare.

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wiring any money to Mexico is a one-way event. Here is an article explaining the specifics of the Mexican Resale scam. You are being driven by thinking your timeshare is worth something. If you wire money once, you will be asked to wire money again.... and again.... and again. Until you stop.

https://www.insidethegate.com/how-t...ico-resale-scam-nuts-and-bolts/#comment-32424

If that is not enough, here is a contribution from a scammed customer who posted on Tug in an attempt to save others from these scoundrels.

https://www.tugbbs.com/forums/index...ervice-escrow-holding-management-scam.282366/

Crystalsal

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vedanta Mexico
The contract is with MB Realty Multinational Brokers which I'm not able to verify their license nor of the broker to be the real licensed person. They indicated in their documents that if you don't go through with payment there is a 7% breakup fee and 5% escrow fees to be paid off by would be seller.

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Crystal, please consider these people to be no better than the "lower your interest rate" scammers. They are CRIMINALS! They scam people....They are not going to take you to court. They don't want to be seen in court. Ignore them.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
The contract is with MB Realty Multinational Brokers which I'm not able to verify their license nor of the broker to be the real licensed person. They indicated in their documents that if you don't go through with payment there is a 7% breakup fee and 5% escrow fees to be paid off by would be seller.

Have you actually paid these thieves?

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC

The company and broker are not licensed because they are not real (although scammers sometimes steal the identity of real brokers). Their threat is a last ditch effort to steal some money from a victim. Since they are threatening you for backing out it sounds like you haven’t paid them anything, which obviously is a good thing. If you pay they will keep coming back requesting more money and when the money stops they disappear. Block their phone number and ignore them.

SandTimes

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Villa del Palmar
Marriot
It's a scam - their website was just created 3 months ago. Eventually, they will con you into paying some upfront fees, and steal your money. They will have you send the money to an account outside the US, so you won't have any recourse.

*If you continue to discuss this with them, you will be tagged as an "easy mark," and get lots more scam phone calls/emails.

Website Creation Date: 2019-04-01

The address is for a "virtual office" - https://www.regus.co.ao/en-ao/virtu.../manhattan/new-york-new-york-600-third-avenue

Drat... so probably same as 'buyer' World Land Tenders and 'broker' Industrial Fund Commodity Traders...

SandTimes

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Villa del Palmar
Marriot
Thanks for advice.
What is your story? Did a broker contact you saying they had a buyer and gave you an offer, then a CPA asked for info to set up an escrow account and then you had to go over a sales agreement with a higher up before you signed and sent it back? Does that kind of sound familiar?

SandTimes

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Villa del Palmar
Marriot
Even if it were legal, the Mexican tax would come out of the proceeds of the sale, not upfront by you.
That is what I was told... that they buyer is paying the fees to the Commodity Firm as well as any taxes.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Drat... so probably same as 'buyer' World Land Tenders and 'broker' Industrial Fund Commodity Traders...

World Land Tenders is 100% scam. The website was created a few months ago in March 2019 and they copied (stole) their website verbiage/design from a very legit company - https://spectrum-development.com/

Crystalsal

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vedanta Mexico
What is your story? Did a broker contact you saying they had a buyer and gave you an offer, then a CPA asked for info to set up an escrow account and then you had to go over a sales agreement with a higher up before you signed and sent it back? Does that kind of sound familiar?
Yes that's the line the guy gave me too

Gerry2000

Reaction score
But does anyone know of anyone who has lost money through MB Realty?
I was approached by them and I asked for references. I called them and they seemed genuine. Both references said they had received money in short order and, yes, they had to pay something up front.
I have been asked to pay about US$6000 for registration with the Mexican Secretary of Economy and SAT office.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was approached by them and I asked for references. I called them and they seemed genuine. Both references said they had received money in short order and, yes, they had to pay something up front.
I have been asked to pay about US$6000 for registration with the Mexican Secretary of Economy and SAT office.

Haven't you read any TUG posts about scams?

You can kiss that $6,000 good bye if you pay it.

Total fraud.

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Gerry, Gerry, Gerry.... Please go back and read every post above. Slowly.... You are dealing with crooks. Of course their references will check out. They are "THEIR" references. Why is an American company telling you to wire money to Mexico? If they want your timeshare so bad, why don't they send you a net check? That is what happens at normal real estate closings. There is a net check. Sale price - minus fees = a net check.

If you feel so desirous of sending money to Mexico, please keep Tug aware of your circumstances. My bet is that you will be asked to send another fee after you send the first one.....

p.s. What did you pay for your timeshare, and what are they offering you for it?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
If you want you can send them 6K and They will make your timeshare disappear. Actually I added too many words in that statement. Let me try again. With less words. If you want you can send them 6K and they will disappear. There that sounds better.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC

Gerry, these scammers are good at what they do. They are prepared for people to question their legitimacy, even with ready made references (which are the scammers themselves). They stay in business because they have no shortage of people willing to send them money. Not only is it a lucrative business but there is little risk of being arrested because they are not in this country. While they may have a website that has an address in the US it is either a virtual office or more likely simply an address they found on Google and decided to call it their own. They are criminals.

No disrespect but you are like the other victims. You want to believe they are legit because they tell you they are going to send you $20,000, $30,000, $40,000 or more and you already have that found money spent in your mind. You are willing to ignore every red flag there is because you want to hang on the hope that they are legit. The truth is, your timeshare is probably worth zero or close to it.

By the way, did you see the alert for them at the BBB? - https://www.bbb.org/us/mn/minneapol...ental-marketing/mb-realty-inc-0704-1000002034

Despite all the warnings, it is up to you if you wish to ignore them and proceed. if you do it is a guaranty that you will end up the same as the woman in the news story below:

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/i-t...woman-records-mexican-timeshare-resale-scheme

Last edited:

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

NEVER send or wire money to someone whom you have never met.......

Keep your hands in your pocket so you won't be a victim of FRAUD.

StephenD

Reaction score
Have received rental offers from MB Realty and Transaction Realty Ltd. MB Realty I see have a scamming footprint. Can't find anything on Transaction Realty Ltd. Very similar procedure as per buying scams. Does anybody have experience with the rental scamming schemes. I doubt they are legit.