• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta Riviera Maya Waterpark - Jungula

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Not sure if it's actually open, but they finally have some info on the website www.jungula.com. Anyone down there now that can report back?

lauramiddl

TUG Member
Reaction score
www.jungala.com

from the site: VIP Admission

All VIP admission tickets include:

• Access to the park
  • Towels
  • Lockers
  • Free Wi-Fi service
  • Concierge service
  • Showers
  • $59 USD for Kids Ages 3-12
  • $79 USD for Adults (12 Years and Up)
  • Free for Kids Under 3

belor

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC
Concierge Service??? Yes, the benefit of having having a personal contact to wreck your day at the park by pitching the benefits of timeshare ownership at Vidanta....

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Concierge Service??? ..

Vidanta has a “hotel side “* which focuses on guest services not sales / and Vida Sales which focuses solely on TS sales .*

The term “concierge” has not been used by their VIDA sales division .

I would expect - the person with this role at the new water park would be in actual guest services .

* each side has a separate management team / who do eventually report to
top / ownership management .

< added : Vidanta has 17,000 employees and continues to be rated as one of the
best places to work in Mexico ( per - Great Places to Work Institute ) -all 17,000 are not there to sell you a timeshare . >

Last edited:

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
This fee is higher than the Hurricane Harbor Water Park in Texas and the kids tickets are higher than they are at the Disney Water Parks. This water park is not as big as those. That is pretty pricey for a family already at the resort! It will cost a family of 4 about $350-$400+ when you include food and beverages for a day there.

This can cause some issues with families who go for the beach and pools. Once the kids learn about this option they will start begging to go. I remember when the lazy river & kids area in Acapulco charged about $10 for a day there and many parents would tell their kids they could not do that. After a few years, it was available to anyone at no charge. The Acapulco MP just off the golf course has a really nice lazy river and kids water play area too - no wave pool or water slide though. No extra charge. So many people have been looking forward to just a lazy river and now it is a big expensive deal. :(

I am disappointed that Mayan World is going this route. If they want to charge non-Vidanta guests, that is fine, but guests at the resort should get to use this for free or a very minimal amount. Just my opinion.

rpennisi

Reaction score
Just a point of information, here's a short video of the kids water park at the Acapulco MP taken in January 2016...very impressive and free!

(Unfortunately, I can't load a MPEG-4 movie to the site :shrug:)

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Here is a picture I took from our mini balcony at the MP Regency in Acapulco in 2011. The lazy river went all the way around the pool and kids area. And yes, it was and is still free. It was my screen saver for several years.

upload_2019-6-28_11-35-0.jpeg

StructureGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta
Well at least Vidanta decided to honor the entertainment packages sold for Celebrate Park at Jungala as well.
(In early June the answer was No.)
So if you pay 1.5 times the fee for one day you get access to Jungala for 7 days.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
article about Jungala in June 2019 issue of Vidanta Traveller - says “ it is about to open “

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
article about Jungala in June 2019 issue of Vidanta Traveller - says “ it is about to open “
A member now at RM was told today that it opens July 22.
I hope it's open in October, when I'll be there.;)

Since Vidanta has promoted it in their June monthly online newsletter - I think you should be good for October / even accounting for ..... time lines .

mikenk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Villa
I am largely out of touch with a lot of the latest going-ons at Vidanta - like the Jungula water park. We are planning to book our Senior Discount for 2020 soon and considering trying RM as we haven't been there for years. My question: is the long awaited lazy river a part of this jungula thing which I assume is extra cost, or is the lazy river something different and is it still in work or available to Luxxe owners.

Is there anything else new (other than Cirque) that I would find enticing for switching to RM from PVR.

Thanks for any thoughts?
Mike

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
The lazy river is part of Jungula. The only other new things are the eating places at Saluum.

mikenk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Villa
Thanks, Eric. So the lazy river will be an extra cost for Luxxe owners, right? That would be a hard sell to my better half - guess we will stick to Nuevo. Why mess with a good thing?

Mike

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Thanks, Eric. So the lazy river will be an extra cost for Luxxe owners, right? That would be a hard sell to my better half - guess we will stick to Nuevo. Why mess with a good thing?

Mike

Before long, we may see you two again in NV! Next year, my Mike turns 75. :) RM is not nearly as nice as it used to be - it is off our list!

mikenk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Villa
Before long, we may see you two again in NV! Next year, my Mike turns 75. :) RM is not nearly as nice as it used to be - it is off our list!

That would be fun, I'll let you know what dates we get for next year in case it works out. It would be great also if some of the other "Vidanta" regular posters would be available. Maybe as a group, we would share our joint grievances with Member Services - that could be a lot of fun.

I turn 78 next month, next year will be my third "free usage".

We are going back in a few weeks with my daughter's family. This is just a regular week but I get the free golf which is great as my grandson has become an avid golfer.

Mike

Pizza67

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess the question is...Is there going to be a cost just to enter Jungala? The prices stated above were for VIP access, correct?

Aside from that, RM does have some new things if you haven't been in a while. The Salum area is fully open now. Two air conditioned restaurants (La Cantina, Quinto), three open-air eateries, Craft Beer bar, cocktail bar, shops and street food style shops (churros, tamales, coffee, pastries), the lower area in the sand has small tiki/beach bar, lots of sitting areas, as well as some entertainment on different nights.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I guess the question is...Is there going to be a cost just to enter Jungala? The prices stated above were for VIP access, correct?

Aside from that, RM does have some new things if you haven't been in a while. The Salum area is fully open now. Two air conditioned restaurants (La Cantina, Quinto), three open-air eateries, Craft Beer bar, cocktail bar, shops and street food style shops (churros, tamales, coffee, pastries), the lower area in the sand has small tiki/beach bar, lots of sitting areas, as well as some entertainment on different nights.

It’s not entirely clear whether there is a lower tier of admission than VIP. On the website it lists the VIP Admission cost followed by an option to upgrade from that by reserving a private cabana, which I guess would be for VVIPs....

Pizza67

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's a bit vague on their site. I'm sure they still don't really know how they are going to implement it.

vantovidanta

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Those prices are likely general admission prices. Those arent VIP cabana prices.

More than likely they will use this facility to entice visitors to do owner updates/sales presentations

While the prices asked are higher than one would like to pay especially for younger children (and adults alike) they should give vidanta members 50% off to be fair vs. The general public or 2-3 day access for that price would be nice. Just mho

StructureGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta
www.jungala.com
  • $59 USD for Kids Ages 3-12
  • $79 USD for Adults (12 Years and Up)
  • Free for Kids Under 3

The Jungala web site now states: "Special prices available for guests staying at Vidanta Riviera Maya. Ask your concierge for more information."
(And the new date is supposedly July 27. Stay tuned for the next new date.)

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here's a picture of the entertainment packages brochure they just put out at Vidanta RM; my wife got it from a group on Facebook. Sounds like they're opening tomorrow.

Attachments

• Jungala Packages.jpg
    Jungala Packages.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 141

MoPops

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta
Wyndham CWA, VIP Silver
RM is not nearly as nice as it used to be - it is off our list!

Curious as to why you say this. Our trip in Feb to RM was one of our best. We were at our laziest. Just sat around at GL pool and beach most of the time. Had some nice meals in Salum marketplace. Had a great room in tower 3 (i think). We didn’t fight the beach club rat race. I think I read here where they were playing louder music there. Pretty peaceful at GL pool..

jssquared

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe
We really enjoy RM. It is a bit smaller and easier to get around. Salum is a GREAT addition. Jungala is open TODAY and will certainly be fun for those in the correct demographic. Joya is a great show and an even better experience if you add the VIP dinner package. There is a tremendous amount to do if you go off campus: Playa, Tulum, Xcaret, Xel Ha, Scuba/snorkel, Sian Kahn Biosphere. Cenotes, Maya ruins, etc. The big drawback is swimming in the ocean. The beach is nice to walk along and to play on the coral but it is really very poor for wading in and swimming because of the rocky bottom. However, if you would like to swim in the ocean, walk north (towards Cancun) a few hundred yards (10 minute walk) and you will find a great swimmable beach with sandy bottom. Tennis is super sub=par in RM and the golf course is only an executive, but still really, really nice, par 3 and not full size. I guess it completely depends on perspective and what you are looking to do.