• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

verifying a seller

SHANNON MOONEY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
wyndham
Has anyone purchased a timeshare resale from David Patchanian? He says that he has sold numerous times on TUG and that he has a good reputation.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Is he an EBay seller?

djohn06

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Hilton Head, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk and AKV
Vistana SBP and SVV
Harborside
WKV & WKORN
Bluegreen Harbor Lights
Wyndam Waikiki Beachwalk
Wyndam Great Smokey Mountains
Quarterhouse New Orleans
Laguna Surf
Marriott Monarch
David P. is a great guy. I bought a Kierland week from him last year. He does TONS of timeshare transactions and uses one of the best title companies I've ever experienced. He also trained a lot of folks in Orlando that sell Disney resale contracts.

You have nothing to worry about.

PM me for more details.

Chris Park City

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, Fiesta Americana Cabo
I actually met him in Cabo on a timeshare just last week. For sure a good guy. Low key, knowledgable, knows his stuff, and super communicative!

Bjason02

Reaction score
I wouldn’t recommend using David Patchanian. I made an offer that was accepted (both called him and also submitted through TUG). He told me he would get me the paperwork the next day. He didn’t. I called him a few days later (no answer) but he called me back after a couple days and left a message saying it was still mine but he was still waiting on the paperwork and he would have it in a couple days. Two and a half weeks later, still nothing so I called him again. He received the paperwork but the posting was incorrect so it is was no longer mine or for sale. I get that mistakes can occur but to post something he didn’t have then continue to string me along then to not call me and tell me was very unprofessional and rude. He never apologized or seemed to care that he wasted nearly a month of my time while telling me it was a done deal. I would recommend looking for another broker. I don’t believe he is a scammer or anything, just not very reliable or professional.

Thunder Up

TUG Member
Reaction score
Purchased a Vistana unit from David a couple of years ago. No issues. If I was in the market to purchase another timeshare, I would have no reservations purchasing another unit from him.

Thunder Up

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I wouldn’t recommend using [Broker]. I made an offer that was accepted (both called him and also submitted through TUG). He told me he would get me the paperwork the next day. He didn’t. I called him a few days later (no answer) but he called me back after a couple days and left a message saying it was still mine but he was still waiting on the paperwork and he would have it in a couple days. Two and a half weeks later, still nothing so I called him again. He received the paperwork but the posting was incorrect so it is was no longer mine or for sale. I get that mistakes can occur but to post something he didn’t have then continue to string me along then to not call me and tell me was very unprofessional and rude. He never apologized or seemed to care that he wasted nearly a month of my time while telling me it was a done deal. I would recommend looking for another broker. I don’t believe he is a scammer or anything, just not very reliable or professional.

Interesting that this is a posting from a guest account that was created the same day (yesterday) as the posting, but recounts transactions on TUG over a month long period. Readers here can make of it what they will regarding the poster's experience with the broker in question, but my take away is that there is no evidence of a willingness to stand by the statements being made with an existing TUG screen name that might have a reputation for trustworthiness. I don't have any experience with the broker or any knowledge of the services provided, but think it's odd to use a brand new account to disparage someone anonymously while claiming to have transacted business with them on TUG previously.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
I bought a week from David Patchanian in 2018, but Marriott ROFRed it, I received full refund. I also responded to a couple other ads from him, but property descriptions were inaccurate, so it did not go past that.