• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is There An App For . . .

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
. . . elderly, memory-challenged, technically-challenged people to automatically reconnect, or assist them in reconnecting to their devices.

Wifi, icloud, Facebook, Apple, gmail . . . .

Is there an app that can simplify something as simple (for most people) as you are not connected to the Internet. You are not connected to the Internet is extremely challenging for someone who doesn't have even the first clue what to do.

An app or something else?

These way-to-frequent, phone calls from MIL are very frustrating, because DW cannot get her to do what needs to be done by long distance.

Today it was just as simple as her iPad not being connected to her Internet, which is not simple for her. You cannot just say to some people, "Go to settings, see wifi, touch on your wifi, put in your password, touch connect."

Add to all of that unreliable rural Internet, and you have a thoroughly confused 84-year-old.

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Replace it all with an Etch-a-Sketch? ;)

Dave

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
. . . elderly, memory-challenged, technically-challenged people to automatically reconnect, or assist them in reconnecting to their devices.

Wifi, icloud, Facebook, Apple, gmail . . . .

Is there an app that can simplify something as simple (for most people) as you are not connected to the Internet. You are not connected to the Internet is extremely challenging for someone who doesn't have even the first clue what to do.

An app or something else?

These way-to-frequent, phone calls from MIL are very frustrating, because DW cannot get her to do what needs to be done by long distance.

Today it was just as simple as her iPad not being connected to her Internet, which is not simple for her. You cannot just say to some people, "Go to settings, see wifi, touch on your wifi, put in your password, touch connect."

Add to all of that unreliable rural Internet, and you have a thoroughly confused 84-year-old.
Do you even think you MIL would follow the app? I have the same problem but you are way ahead you MIL can use an ipad, mine cannot. I get the calls for everything and anything.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Last Pass. Only one password and she can log in to anything across different platforms. My wife owns her own online business and a former IT technician. She swears by it. I use it for all my personal stuff too. All you need would be the free version.

https://www.lastpass.com/

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We feel the pain. MIL and FIL call every once in a while with a problem. Walking them through fixing the problem drives DW bonkers. FIL is clicking buttons fast and furious before my wife tells him to, then he is lost. If he would just follow along and not try to get ahead, it would be much easier.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
We feel the pain. MIL and FIL call every once in a while with a problem. Walking them through fixing the problem drives DW bonkers. FIL is clicking buttons fast and furious before my wife tells him to, then he is lost. If he would just follow along and not try to get ahead, it would be much easier.

^^^ My stepdad was that way. He’d call me, and I knew it was trouble when the first sentence started with “David, I need your help...”. The worst was when he’d do a directory list of files on his hard drive, then start deleting stuff. Eventually his system would crash. His excuse: “I didn’t know what it was, so figured I didn’t need it.” :eek:

Here’s the best part: He did it a LOT! Like half a dozen times. Seriously drove me crazy. :)

Dave

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Whenever they travel with us to a timeshare, my wife or I always have to connect their iPads to the resort WiFi. They recently went on an overnight trip and actually each got their iPads connected themselves, however they lost the connection and couldn't figure out what was wrong and just gave up. I am sure my FIL was wanting to call us to help them figure it out and my MIL was telling him no. I am sure it turned in to a big racket but they never called.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
DW doesn't like me touching the TV remote, let alone her phone.
But if it's complicated, like selecting the input source, I'm called.

One of these days, I'll walk her thru connecting to a hotel network.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We're pretty OK with getting connected, but... Occasionally.... like the time when we were recently in a Hawaiian TS, when DW said, "My damn phone won't transfer my pictures to my computer!" I asked if both devices were logged into the same Wi-Fi? She did and poof! Her photos transferred.

Sometimes seniorhood creeps up and smites you upside the head.

Jim

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
Well, so far I'm seeing Last Pass, and a bunch of folks with the same problem.

Thanks.

:p

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
Last Pass. Only one password and she can log in to anything across different platforms. My wife owns her own online business and a former IT technician. She swears by it. I use it for all my personal stuff too. All you need would be the free version.

https://www.lastpass.com/
+1 for Lastpass... I've been using the premium version for a few years now.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard

Once she’s logged in to last pass, you can send her invites via her email. All she has to do is click the link and she’s logged in.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Does it work to get connected to WiFi? That seems to be the biggest struggle I find.