• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Question: Is HRC letting their ROFRs in recent months pass the 30 day mark unanswered?

jtmaske

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Lodge on Peak 7
West 57th Street by Hilton Club
DVC Polynesian
I ask because I won an eBay auction in late February for a Sunset Harbor week 45,
at a good price from a third party seller with a mixed (at best slow and stumbling) reputation on both eBay and TUG. The first ROFR iteration after five weeks and much prodding turned up a legitimate problem with the contract (one existing owner’s name missing), now a second iteration which I had expected to go quickly either Yay or Nay has had no answer (but not quite over the 30 day mark yet).

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
Mine got done quickly. It was a Red week verified sale.

It’s probably a seller broker issue and not hyatt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
We got our ROFR answer in 1 day. We’ve closed escrow already. We made our offer to purchase on May 11, it was accepted May 12.

Not an EBay purchase though, we worked with an experienced broker.

HenryT

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cypress Pt, Eastern Slope Inn, HRA, SBP, WSJ, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Veranda Beach Club, HGVC Hurricane House, Wyndham: Long Wharf, Royal Vista, & SeaWatch Plantation.
Hyatt waived ROFR on my week 50 Sunset Harbor unit in less than two weeks back in February of this year. The unit showed up in my Hyatt account about a month later.

jtmaske

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Lodge on Peak 7
DVC Polynesian
Thanks all for your responses ...there is definitely a ‘seller broker’ issue here, but Hyatt (or actually Marriott Vacations) didn’t take any action on the initial ROFR, then it took a week to get the broker to contact Hyatt and then another week for Hyatt to respond to why they really didn’t make a decision, etc ...but my own fault for chasing after a risky eBay bargain so to speak

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I would ask the broker what day the ROFR was sent and then see if you can get In touch with Hyatt to make sure they received it and are processing it.

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Also verify the address they sent it to. They moved locations in December, your broker may have sent the paperwork to the old address.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
Hyatt waived ROFR on my week 50 Sunset Harbor unit in less than two weeks back in February of this year. The unit showed up in my Hyatt account about a month later.
Ours was done quickly too but Marriott transfers has had all the paper work for 5 weeks and its still not in our name. Our 2019 points go into LCUP soon and our agent cant get in touch with the seller to make us a reservation. The 2019 points were thrown in for free so we cant be too greedy but we would like to not deal with the dreaded LCUP.

HenryT

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cypress Pt, Eastern Slope Inn, HRA, SBP, WSJ, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Veranda Beach Club, HGVC Hurricane House, Wyndham: Long Wharf, Royal Vista, & SeaWatch Plantation.
Ours was done quickly too but Marriott transfers has had all the paper work for 5 weeks and its still not in our name. Our 2019 points go into LCUP soon and our agent cant get in touch with the seller to make us a reservation. The 2019 points were thrown in for free so we cant be too greedy but we would like to not deal with the dreaded LCUP.
That sucks. I wonder if Marriott Transfers has too many deed transfers than they can handle right now? Have you called them to see if they would expedite it?

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I got my ROFR answer at like the 3 week mark...However my girlfriend purchased at the same resort as me and a full month and a half before me and hers took forever but it did go thru...I think her broker was not that experienced with Hyatt

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That sucks. I wonder if Marriott Transfers has too many deed transfers than they can handle right now? Have you called them to see if they would expedite it?
We have emailed them and our Fidelity contract rep has also. Marriott said they are swamped. They sent our rep an email stating hopefully the end of this week. We bought our unit exacy 3 months ago.

HenryT

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We have emailed them and our Fidelity contract rep has also. Marriott said they are swamped. They sent our rep an email stating hopefully the end of this week. We bought our unit exacy 3 months ago.
Got it. Hopefully you won't have to wait much longer.

AJCts411

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset x 2
Question: If contact language states 30 days to act on ROFR, then what difference does it make to say "we are swamped". By default, wouldn't the ROFR be considered a pass/no action by Hyatt and the sale be valid? (Assuming that the paperwork was submitted correctly.)

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Question: If contact language states 30 days to act on ROFR, then what difference does it make to say "we are swamped". By default, wouldn't the ROFR be considered a pass/no action by Hyatt and the sale be valid? (Assuming that the paperwork was submitted correctly.)

I think that comment was specific to a Marriott transfer. I don’t know Marriotts rules regarding ROFR.

If it were a Hyatt transfer, then after 30 calendar days (15 on Aspen and I think one other) if Hyatt has failed to inform you of passing or failing it is considered passed. Be very sure you have the correct date they received it. Most transfer companies will say its 30 business days, and you will have to dig to find the documentation to prove it.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think that comment was specific to a Marriott transfer. I don’t know Marriotts rules regarding ROFR.

If it were a Hyatt transfer, then after 30 calendar days (15 on Aspen and I think one other) if Hyatt has failed to inform you of passing or failing it is considered passed. Be very sure you have the correct date they received it. Most transfer companies will say its 30 business days, and you will have to dig to find the documentation to prove it.
It actually is a Hyatt Pinon Pointe week but we were told by the contracts department that Marriotts transfer department emailed her that it would likely be in our name this week. We were surprised she said Marriott but figure they must have merged the transfer departments. And of course its not yet in our name. We found someone at Hyatt when we called in to check if it was in our name to who is going out of his way to check into it for us on Monday. It has been slightly over 5 weeks since Hyatt has had all the paper work.

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score
It actually is a Hyatt Pinon Pointe week but we were told by the contracts department that Marriotts transfer department emailed her that it would likely be in our name this week. We were surprised she said Marriott but figure they must have merged the transfer departments. And of course its not yet in our name. We found someone at Hyatt when we called in to check if it was in our name to who is going out of his way to check into it for us on Monday. It has been slightly over 5 weeks since Hyatt has had all the paper work.

Thank you for the correction.

Odd they have had it for so long when they are clearing most folks so quickly.

On the plus side, more than 30 days, so it’s yours.

jtmaske

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Lodge on Peak 7
DVC Polynesian
Thanks all once again, Hyatt issued a Yay letter on the ROFR June 12 at almost 30 days out.
The original purchase price not including maintenance and transfer fees was for a week 45 for $1025 for Unit 114, a 2 bedroom ground floor lock-off. (BTW, Week 45 is a low demand but often perfect weather week for Key West, indeed for much of Florida).
This sale apparently is part of an estate settlement, which was not disclosed in the original eBay ad copy, and could still have problems. I would not have bid if I had to do this over.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
Thanks all once again, Hyatt issued a Yay letter on the ROFR June 12 at almost 30 days out.
The original purchase price not including maintenance and transfer fees was for a week 45 for $1025 for Unit 114, a 2 bedroom ground floor lock-off. (BTW, Week 45 is a low demand but often perfect weather week for Key West, indeed for much of Florida).
This sale apparently is part of an estate settlement, which was not disclosed in the original eBay ad copy, and could still have problems. I would not have bid if I had to do this over.

Maybe the estate settlement is the reason it took so long for Hyatt to waive ROFR. They likely were verifying that the person signing as seller had the legal right to sell or authorize transfer of ownership.