• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

EOY contracts

erinnr

TUG Member
Reaction score
i have been told that Wyndham no longer sells EOY contracts and have heard that there are some significant constraints or extra costs with them. For example I’ve heard that MFs are higher on an EOY than on a regular points contract, even at the same resort (when the contract is seeded to a specific resort) I’ve also heard that you can never bank EOY points. And just vaguely heard that there are ‘a lot of limitations’ (which I guess would make it harder to resell) Is any of this true? And if so, then if a contract comes up resale, what else is important to understand? Thanks

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
MFs are the same. If you’re subject to the minimum program fee, it may seem disproportionately high on an EOY contract, but if for instance you compare an 84k annual contract and a 168k biennial contract at the same resort, the costs should be exactly the same.

You can use points deposit to move biennial points into a future year just as with an annual contract. However, if you move the points into the empty year, then don’t use them all, they can’t be moved again and will simply expire.

Basically, unless you really plan to vacation only every other year, I don’t recommend a biennial contract as your only contract. It’s not bad if you have another contract either in the alternate year or annual.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I know people who have EOY deeds at Bali Hai for the same number of points that have different maintenance fees. I can't remember which is slightly higher, the even year or the odd year. I don't remember anyone posting this about another resort. Bali Hai is pretty unique when it comes to all the different maintenance fees.

As far as I know Wyndham sells whatever they have in their inventory to sell. If they get back an EOY deed and Wyndham doesn't take it for CWA then they will have one to sell. Wyndham might not be selling EOY deeds for points at a new resort. A lot of what you hear sales saying is partially true but not entirely or not the whole story.

bestpal38

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Club Access
I know people who have EOY deeds at Bali Hai for the same number of points that have different maintenance fees. I can't remember which is slightly higher, the even year or the odd year. I don't remember anyone posting this about another resort. Bali Hai is pretty unique when it comes to all the different maintenance fees.

As far as I know Wyndham sells whatever they have in their inventory to sell. If they get back an EOY deed and Wyndham doesn't take it for CWA then they will have one to sell. Wyndham might not be selling EOY deeds for points at a new resort. A lot of what you hear sales saying is partially true but not entirely or not the whole story.
I was told last weekend at a presentation, that they are no longer selling EOY contracts, or fixed weeks.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I was told last weekend at a presentation, that they are no longer selling EOY contracts, or fixed weeks.
Jan, may I quote you? 'A lot of what you hear sales saying is partially true but not entirely or not the whole story.'

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Jan, may I quote you? 'A lot of what you hear sales saying is partially true but not entirely or not the whole story.'

Feel free to quote me. A grain of truth often gives the illusion that the person knows what they are talking about or is speaking with authority.

I'm sure you know but unfortunately many owners don't realize that a lot of the salespeople aren't experts in how Wyndham works by a long shot. Some who are owners themselves actually do know how the system works but that often just makes them more believable to their mark. If new salespeople want survive the probationary period culling and afterwards keep making their sales quotas to keep their jobs then they learn to use whatever works to sell. They hear what other more experienced salespeople say and incorporate it into their own spiels. The sales managers have meetings with the salespeople under them and discuss how they are going to "sell" aka spin a new product. They have coaching sessions with their people. Not just Wyndham but any sales group/department/force does this exact same thing.

This got me thinking about all the new products or changes there have been in the years we've owned. Except for Shell and now Privileges my husband and I have heard it all. Not sure I have it in the correct chronological order. You can all feel free to add to my timeline and rearrange it to be in the correct chronological order.

!. New resorts. You'll never be able to get reservations in the peak seasons if you don't own there.
2. Fairfield owns RCI
3. Fairfield bought by Cendant
4. Fairfield buys Trendwest 2006
5. Fairfield buys Wyndham and changes their name to Wyndham
6. Worldmark - Not sure where this fits in the timeline
7. Club Wyndham Access
8. Maintenance fees will go up.
9. Point requirements for VIP levels increased.
10. Presidential Reserve
11. Pathways
12. Ovations
13. Margaritaville
14. VIP and booking changes April 2017
15. Voyager (I could have put this one earlier in the timeline because it was an ongoing sales topic for years before it actually happened.)
16. Wyndham splits timeshare and hotel divisions.
17. Shell
18. Privileges

Last edited:

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been around too long. I remember all of those but they still seem "newish". Good list though, I wouldn't have been able to list them all. A couple I do remember were " points" you need points and of course "Fairfield owns RCI" .

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would add somewhere in there
-Margaritaville
-Wyndham Timeshare and Wyndham hotel splitting into separate companies (I feel like sales used this big time there for a while.)

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
I would add somewhere in there
-Margaritaville
-Wyndham Timeshare and Wyndham hotel splitting into separate companies (I feel like sales used this big time there for a while.)

Added both to the list.

JudiZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just looking at an EOY at our home resort and then saw this thread. Let's say I bought an Even EOY and then moved the points to an odd year. Since I already have points from my annual contract, could I move the EOY points that I put into the odd year and then move them again into the next even year if I had to? Or would the EOY points need to stay in the odd year? I understand the empty year concept but am wondering about moving those EOY points more than once. My concern is that plans might change but I would be left with points in a year I didn't want to use them. I'm not going to buy anything else right away but points from multiple resorts/every other year sort of boggles my mind. Just when I thought I was making headway with Wyndham points thinking.

Thank you!

Judi Z

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Once you’ve moved your even year points to the odd year, in the odd year you can still move as many points as you receive in that odd year (annual or odd year) to a future year. You can’t move more than that, so in that sense you can’t move points more than once.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Feel free to quote me. A grain of truth often gives the illusion that the person knows what they are talking about or is speaking with authority.

I'm sure you know but unfortunately many owners don't realize that a lot of the salespeople aren't experts in how Wyndham works by a long shot. Some who are owners themselves actually do know how the system works but that often just makes them more believable to their mark. If new salespeople want survive the probationary period culling and afterwards keep making their sales quotas to keep their jobs then they learn to use whatever works to sell. They hear what other more experienced salespeople say and incorporate it into their own spiels. The sales managers have meetings with the salespeople under them and discuss how they are going to "sell" aka spin a new product. They have coaching sessions with their people. Not just Wyndham but any sales group/department/force does this exact same thing.

This got me thinking about all the new products or changes there have been in the years we've owned. Except for Shell and now Privileges my husband and I have heard it all. Not sure I have it in the correct chronological order. You can all feel free to add to my timeline and rearrange it to be in the correct chronological order.

!. New resorts. You'll never be able to get reservations in the peak seasons if you don't own there.
2. Fairfield owns RCI
3. Fairfield bought by Cendant
4. Fairfield buys Trendwest 2006
5. Fairfield buys Wyndham and changes their name to Wyndham
6. Worldmark - Not sure where this fits in the timeline
7. Club Wyndham Access
8. Maintenance fees will go up.
9. Point requirements for VIP levels increased.
10. Presidential Reserve
11. Pathways
12. Ovations
13. Margaritaville
14. VIP and booking changes April 2017
15. Voyager (I could have put this one earlier in the timeline because it was an ongoing sales topic for years before it actually happened.)
16. Wyndham splits timeshare and hotel divisions.
17. Shell
18. Privileges

Cendant owned RCI, Fairfield, and Trendwest. In 2006, they split themselves into different companies. One of them being named Wyndham Worldwide. That contained RCI, Fairfield, Trendwest, and all their hotel chains, including Wyndham hotels. Wyndham Worldwide began publicly trading August of 2006. Fairfield was renamed to Wyndham vacation Ownership and Trendwest was renamed to WorldMark.

https://www.thetimeshareauthority.com/2006/06/27/cendant-corporation-to-spin-off-wyndham/

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
99% correct. Trendwest was renamed to Worldmark By Wyndham (WbW) - developer/manager of Worldmark The Club. Trendwest being the name of the developer they acquired.