• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Smugglers Notch Rooms

Npat12

Reaction score
Looking to go there in 2020. For those of you who have been is it worth it to spend the points to get the 3 BR presidential or save some points to stay in the 3 BR deluxe. Is the deluxe nice as well and what's the big difference between the 2.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
As with many things at Smuggs, this is way too complicated to answer well.

Smuggs has 3BR, 3BR Deluxe, 3BR Plus, and 3BR Presidential units but it also has all these villages, and units that have the same name aren't the same thing in all the villages. To further compound the difficulty, the web site has no floor plans -- NONE. So, you're stuck with opening Unit Details in each class unit in each village to look at Unit Features. Then, try to figure out what meets your requirements.

Having said all that, my wife and I spent a week in a 3BR Deluxe unit in Sycamores and it was absolutely great (except for being a short drive up the hill from the main village). A Presidential unit would have had a third bath and an additional 100 or so square feet, not important to us but perhaps important to a large family. As is often the case, max occupancy is less in Presidential units.

Last edited:

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We stayed in a two bedroom at the Birch last year. The resort is nice but the configuration of our unit was strange. The TV in the living room had a big amore that blocked the sides so you could only see it from one chair.
The master bedroom was very nice but the second bedroom had the weirdest bunk beds I ever saw. There was a single bunk up top and a full bed under but, if you slept in the bottom you would bump your head as it was too close to the wall. We had guests for a couple of nights we let them have the master and we finagled the odd bunks by putting the pillows at the foot of the bed. One of us slept in the top bunk.
If we go again I’m going to ask for a two bedroom with no bunk beds. Or like you get a three bedroom.
Silentg

jumoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was recently at Smugglers and they said we were in an "upgraded" 3dx unit at Sycamore. We asked what "upgraded" meant & they said we were in a unit that had been recently renovated.
Our unit configuration was: Master bedroom - king/attached bath. Bedroom 2 - queen. Bedroom 3 - four twin beds (no bunks). There was also a sofabed in the living room.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
If you can get a 3 bedroom deluxe in Aspens, Sycamore or Tamaracks, you're good to go. The Presidentials are- well- the Presidentials and a sure thing.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
We stayed in a two bedroom at the Birch last year. The resort is nice but the configuration of our unit was strange. The TV in the living room had a big amore that blocked the sides so you could only see it from one chair.
The master bedroom was very nice but the second bedroom had the weirdest bunk beds I ever saw. There was a single bunk up top and a full bed under but, if you slept in the bottom you would bump your head as it was too close to the wall. We had guests for a couple of nights we let them have the master and we finagled the odd bunks by putting the pillows at the foot of the bed. One of us slept in the top bunk.
If we go again I’m going to ask for a two bedroom with no bunk beds. Or like you get a three bedroom.
Silentg

The Birches are not "Deluxe"

Crafty71

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Smugglers Notch Resort (Wyndham); DVC Old Key West
Finally...a subject that I am at least a little qualified to answer...:banana:.

Smuggs is our home resort and I have been going there for 30+ years and have stayed in every "village" and almost every building category...

As ChapJim says, it is a large resort that has been developed over many decades and with different ownership types (timeshare (weeks), whole ownership, QuarterShare (13 weeks) and more). However...
To further compound the difficulty, the web site has no floor plans -- NONE.

The Wyndham website does not show any floor plans, but the Smuggs website does: https://www.smuggs.com/pages/winter/lodging/index.php

Once you have an idea of where you'll be staying ("village") and what unit type, you can click on the link for that particular unit and WYSI(P)WYG (What You See Is (Probably) What You'll Get).

Because Smuggs is a family resort, most "Deluxe" 2 bedrooms will have a Queen bed and two (2) twin beds in the second bedroom and most "Deluxe" 3 bedrooms will have four (4) twin beds in the third bedroom. The Presidentials do NOT have that arrangement (only King and Queen beds, no twins).

My family loves going to Smuggs...so much to do and we love being outdoors (and especially hiking). I hope you enjoy your stay...

Cheers!

Crafty71

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Smugglers Notch Resort (Wyndham); DVC Old Key West
The Birches are not "Deluxe"
Our Birches unit is part of what prompted us to convert to Wyndham points, and we have not regretted it for one minute...that was indeed a strange unit.

Well located, good for two (2) adults and two (2) pre-teen kids, but that's about it...

Cheers!

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Finally...a subject that I am at least a little qualified to answer...:banana:.

Smuggs is our home resort and I have been going there for 30+ years and have stayed in every "village" and almost every building category...

As ChapJim says, it is a large resort that has been developed over many decades and with different ownership types (timeshare (weeks), whole ownership, QuarterShare (13 weeks) and more). However...

The Wyndham website does not show any floor plans, but the Smuggs website does: https://www.smuggs.com/pages/winter/lodging/index.php

Once you have an idea of where you'll be staying ("village") and what unit type, you can click on the link for that particular unit and WYSI(P)WYG (What You See Is (Probably) What You'll Get).

Because Smuggs is a family resort, most "Deluxe" 2 bedrooms will have a Queen bed and two (2) twin beds in the second bedroom and most "Deluxe" 3 bedrooms will have four (4) twin beds in the third bedroom. The Presidentials do NOT have that arrangement (only King and Queen beds, no twins).

My family loves going to Smuggs...so much to do and we love being outdoors (and especially hiking). I hope you enjoy your stay...

Cheers!

Actually in typical Wyndham fashion, while the myclubwyndham Owner website does NOT show any floorplans, the public clubwyndham website DOES. Explain that one to me please? :)

https://www.clubwyndham.com/cw/resorts/wvr-smugglers-notch-vermont.page

Click on the Suites option from the link above and you will see at least a few floor plans.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Our Birches unit is part of what prompted us to convert to Wyndham points, and we have not regretted it for one minute...that was indeed a strange unit.

Well located, good for two (2) adults and two (2) pre-teen kids, but that's about it...

Cheers!

When you converted I'm assuming this counted as developer points for you? This was one of the possible options I was hoping to still be able to leverage to get to permanent VIPP - finding a resale SN weeks based contract and getting it converted over to points with developer credit, but it doesn't seem as if this is still possible nowadays. :(

Npat12

Reaction score
Looking at the floor plans on Smugglers website. I kinda like the 3 BR Owls and Kestrels with the 4 season room and covered porch off the Master over the 3 BR presidential rooms.

I noticed the Tamaracks dont have the 4 season room.

Are these 3 BR deluxes that have these or do the suites have these as well. The 4 season rooms. I am more interested in the Owls or Kestrels over the Tamaracks. Just going off floor plans.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook

Cheers!

Birches are very nice. I meant that I do not think Smuggs/Wyndham considers them as part of the so called "Deluxe" units.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Looking at the floor plans on Smugglers website. I kinda like the 3 BR Owls and Kestrels with the 4 season room and covered porch off the Master over the 3 BR presidential rooms.

I noticed the Tamaracks dont have the 4 season room.

Are these 3 BR deluxes that have these or do the suites have these as well. The 4 season rooms. I am more interested in the Owls or Kestrels over the Tamaracks. Just going off floor plans.

The Owls and Kestrels are a "class" up from Tamaracks or other "deluxe" units.

That said, the Tamaracks are very nice and they have balconies.