• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Maui Ocean Club visit

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
All,

Jack and I arrived yesterday and the rest of the family joins in a couple of days. I had the pleasure of meeting Steven Ting yesterday and hope to see him again today.

Any other TUGgers here on-site? Would love to have you join us?

Separately, the room renovations are nicely done here in Lahaina Towers, although they did away with the table that I really liked that use to sit behind the couch. I even noted it before in my comparing Lahaina to Napili -- alas I miss it and am trying to develop a new system for sunscreen/keys/etc. Trying to break a 10 year routine is challenging...

Let us know if you are here and would love to meet up!

Best,

Greg

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Greg, I wish we were there, but we won't be until October this year. Have a great time, including meeting up with Steven and other Tuggers.

Best regards.

Mike

taffy19

Reaction score
Greg, I wish we were there, but we won't be until October this year. Have a great time, including meeting up with Steven and other Tuggers.

Best regards.

Mike
Mike, I agree with you and wished we were there to meet Greg and Steven too and be back on the Island of Maui.

To Greg and Steven, enjoy your stay at your favorite resort and Ka’anapali Beach!

Greg, don’t forget to take that yearly picture on the bridge. Your kids may continue that same tradition once they have their children too. It is such a beautiful view and to spend a week together with the family or extended family is priceless!

Emmy

Lv2Trvl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Aloha, we were there last month. First time since 2007. Last island (and MVC resort in a 4 island 3 week tour) Wonderful stay! And Saturday night prime rib was really good. One order more than served two! We stayed 4 nights ocean view at Ocean Club using points. It was a last minute add to our trip to Hawaii Island (Waikoloa) for the Merrie Monarch Festival, followed by Kauai (Waiohai) for May/Lei Day, followed by Oahu for some "use em or lose em" nights at KoOlina. The last minute part of it was my best friend and her husband celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary!!! on the beach on Maui. They stay up at Napili Point in condo. We totally enjoyed our stay at Maui Ocean Club much more! Never have stayed in the (new) towers but we enjoy the resort. Our first and favorite is Waiohai, Kauai. Go there for two to three trips a year, two to three weeks per stay. All of the Hawaii MVC resorts are enjoyable but in different ways.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
All,

Jack and I arrived yesterday and the rest of the family joins in a couple of days. I had the pleasure of meeting Steven Ting yesterday and hope to see him again today.

Any other TUGgers here on-site? Would love to have you join us?

Separately, the room renovations are nicely done here in Lahaina Towers, although they did away with the table that I really liked that use to sit behind the couch. I even noted it before in my comparing Lahaina to Napili -- alas I miss it and am trying to develop a new system for sunscreen/keys/etc. Trying to break a 10 year routine is challenging...

Let us know if you are here and would love to meet up!

Best,

Greg
How nice is must be to meet another TUG vet who shares the same love of the MOC. We'll be there in 60 days for the first time in 5 years so we're getting very excited.

StevenTing

TUG Member
Reaction score
So sad to be leaving. The time went by fast. This was our last sunset today and the colors were really coming out compared to the past week.

Attachments

• FE7C6D28-3180-40AD-9EF3-D46F3257657A.jpeg
    FE7C6D28-3180-40AD-9EF3-D46F3257657A.jpeg
    49.8 KB · Views: 91

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
October for us too!!

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Hawaiian Village - Lagoon Tower
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
So sad to be leaving. The time went by fast. This was our last sunset today and the colors were really coming out compared to the past week.
I'm arriving on Friday for 8 days. Was the weather not so great?

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Sounds like we may need an October OGG meetup. What weeks everyone?

Sounds good if the dates match up. We will be at MOC from Oct. 25- Nov 1, the Westin KORVN from Oct. 22-25, and at the Residence Inn in Wailea from Oct. 17-22.

Best regards.

Mike

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Sounds good if the dates match up. We will be at MOC from Oct. 25- Nov 1, the Westin KORVN from Oct. 22-25, and at the Residence Inn in Wailea from Oct. 17-22.

Best regards.

Mike
Arg, we're 10/13-10/21.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Arg, we're 10/13-10/21.
With fingers crossed, I hope to be at Westin Nanea Oct 20-26 and will hope we can arrange a meeting for those TUGgers who are on Maui!!

Best,

Greg

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
With fingers crossed, I hope to be at Westin Nanea Oct 20-26 and will hope we can arrange a meeting for those TUGgers who are on Maui!!

Best,

Greg

That would be great. Good luck with getting what you want at Nanea Greg. We have toured there but never stayed there.

Best regards.

Mike

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.

Best regards.

Mike
We are at WKORV 9/24-28 and HKB 9/28-10/5.. Looks like too early in October...!

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
My clan will be staying at WKORV-N in a week (can't wait). Looks like we will just miss everybody.

Has the weather been hot? I heard the trades haven't been blowing. Any Vog?

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My clan will be staying at WKORV-N in a week (can't wait). Looks like we will just miss everybody.

Has the weather been hot? I heard the trades haven't been blowing. Any Vog?
It has been spectacular last few days -- about 86 degrees and nice breezes. The surf has been different than in previous years, not sure why, but Blackrock visibility was awful two days ago. Very strong waves right off MOC.

Best,

Greg

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
We will be too late for the October TUG party on Maui; we will be at WKORV from November 3-16. Anyone else?

StevenTing

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I was there the first few days had some rougher weather. Day 4 was overcast for the first half and then cleared up. Had many days where it rained mid day. Lot more clouds so the sunsets were not as great as it was more hazy toward Molokai.

My 2nd week the weather was fantastic.

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Hawaiian Village - Lagoon Tower
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
When I was there the first few days had some rougher weather. Day 4 was overcast for the first half and then cleared up. Had many days where it rained mid day. Lot more clouds so the sunsets were not as great as it was more hazy toward Molokai.

My 2nd week the weather was fantastic.
So, obviously, Maui is known for great weather (maybe not so much Kapalua) and it can also rain at any time. But, that said, what are the BEST and WORST months to visit MOC in terms of weather? In what months are you most and least likely to encounter multiple consecutive days of rain?