• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2016 - to present ] What is the best movie and or Tv series you have watched on Netflix or Amazon Prime??

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I watch a ton of Intl Crime as well as Bosch.
Top shows:
Bosch(many actors from The Wire)
Vera
Shetland
Hinterland
The Black Spot
Tin Star
Morse- very beloved. Actor unfortunately passed.
Endeavor- Morse as a young man
Lewis- Morse’s partner

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
So I hate to ask this (but I will)....when does Season 6 drop?
From what I can find there hasn't been an official announcement yet, but fans are assuming April 2020, based on the timing for the last seasons. We're fans too so hate to wait that long!

bizniukas

Reaction score
I like that Netflix gives us suggestions. So when I have time just watch whatever they suggest. Usually Netflix gets it right :)

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Just very happy to have discovered that the new series of Bosch has been released.....never checked to see when it would be,
but we've desperately missed that series. The new series has us looking forward to each evening again....absolutely love it.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Amazon’s new show Good Omens is excellent. Of course, you need to appreciate British humour to enjoy it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
Amazon’s new show Good Omens is excellent. Of course, you need to appreciate British humour to enjoy it.

We loved Good Omens too! Took a little while to understand the plot but really liked the humor of the relationship between the two main characters. We find it helps to use the closed captioning on shows like this where it can be hard to catch some of the dialogue because of the accents. My daughter is hoping they might consider a second season, although I know it's based on a book so anything more would need to be created by Neil Gaiman.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
We loved Good Omens too! Took a little while to understand the plot but really liked the humor of the relationship between the two main characters. We find it helps to use the closed captioning on shows like this where it can be hard to catch some of the dialogue because of the accents. My daughter is hoping they might consider a second season, although I know it's based on a book so anything more would need to be created by Neil Gaiman.

I think the best outcome of its popularity would be the creation of other shows based on Terry and Neil’s books. BTW, if you haven’t seen Going Postal, that’s similarly amusing (tho the book is better).

planada

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Kauai Beach Club, Marriott Sabal Palms,Marriott Waiohai Beach Club, Cibola Vista Resort, Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach,Marriott Destination Points,Vidanta Nueva Vallarta Grand Lux
Here is one no one has mentioned. Queen of the South. Its on Netflix and is about the drug cartel in Mexico and the U.S. We have really gotten into the sinister side of the characters. Really a very good 3 seasons ( for now) Its a Fox produced show that I believe is in season 4 currently on TNT

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I liked Versailles on Netflix. Three seasons, I believe. Now I want to go to Paris to see the palace! The series was cancelled in part because of too much nudity and sex. I agree. It seemed gratuitous and the storyline would have been fine without it.

Conan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
My vote is for Fleabag on Amazon Prime (seasons 1 and 2).
Don't quit on it until you've seen three or four episodes, then decide if it's your cup of tea.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Saturday I stumbled upon the FX series Fosse/Verdon on my cable company's On Demand feature. I'd seen an ad or two for it, but it didn't make me want to add something else to my TV schedule when it aired earlier this spring. I decided to try it for 15 minutes since all of the episodes are now available. It is wonderful! I did the first four hours in one sitting, and should finish up the last two tonight. Michelle Williams is just fantastic in it. Mostly a drama, but there is a certain amount of singing and dancing as the musicals they were involved in are shown in rehearsal. I had to keep the ipad handy to google up the various famous folks who wandered through the story line. I highly recommend it! There seems to be a wealth of good programming these days.

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
I liked Versailles on Netflix. Three seasons, I believe. Now I want to go to Paris to see the palace! The series was cancelled in part because of too much nudity and sex. I agree. It seemed gratuitous and the storyline would have been fine without it.
Ahh, is that where the series can be viewed? We were just in Paris and visited Versailles last month and discussed the show with our tour guide there. I am interested to watch it now. Apparently it was alot of sex and didn't portray the nobles in a very positive way, but probably didn't even come close to representing what actually went on during that time in France. The Palace and surrounding grounds were spectacular.

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
If you want to watch Amazon Prime from the comfort of your TV, you can just get a Roku, FireStick or similar. I find it much more comfortable than staring at my computer.

Kurt

I have heard of those devices -- but do I need a Smart TV to use? (Mine is not smart, but I think it has spare USB port open.)

You need a spare HDMI port on the TV. If there is also a spare powered USB even better.

Aha! Not true. All hope is not lost for those of us with antique televisions.

Yesterday I moved my wife and I into the television Brave New World. We have an older (circa 2003) Sony TV that still works and looks great but doesn't have any HDMI inputs. But I did have one available Red-Yellow-White connection. And not that long ago I had installed a mesh router so that our network signal (which comes in at one end of the house) is finally strong enough to reach the room with that TV.

So with one available R-Y-W, it required an HDMI to RCA R-W-Y converter to install a FireStick. Ta da! There was a glitch on install, however. Initially there were major issues with the audio (a horrible buzzing). I had to futz around with the Settings menu for Audio to find a setting that worked.

So I am revisiting this thread looking for ideas of things we can watch and to try to learn how to use this new device. I have one very basic question for Amazon Prime users. I can see some of the titles mentioned in this thread when I browse on my TV. For programs that are not easily found onscreen, how do you locate them? My initial impression is that the steps are:
  1. On my computer, search Prime Video for the program I want to watch
  2. On the computer, click to add it it "Your Watchlist"
  3. Now I should be able to find it under "Your Videos" when I turn on the television and scroll through the Prime menu
Am I doing this correctly, or is there some easier path?

tompalm

TUG Member
Reaction score
The best way is on an iPad. There is an ap for TV where you can search for a name and it tells you which network the series is playing on. Or, you can download the Netflix ap or Prime video ap and search inside each ap. I assume android tablets have an ap too that is like the TV ap.

For Getaway, you are correct in your process. But when you go to watch the movie, you need to go to your watchlist. Or you can search on your TV too.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Aha! Not true. All hope is not lost for those of us with antique televisions.

Yesterday I moved my wife and I into the television Brave New World. We have an older (circa 2003) Sony TV that still works and looks great but doesn't have any HDMI inputs. But I did have one available Red-Yellow-White connection.

Or, you could have just bought this for $35:

https://www.roku.com/products/roku-express-plus

However, for ~$200 you can find a 40” flat panel TV with Roku built in (my friend just bought two of these for $179 each). A Sony from 2003, while great for its day, doesn’t compare well to modern TVs, especially when watching movies in widescreen format.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Or, you could have just bought this for $35:

https://www.roku.com/products/roku-express-plus

However, for ~$200 you can find a 40” flat panel TV with Roku built in (my friend just bought two of these for $179 each). A Sony from 2003, while great for its day, doesn’t compare well to modern TVs, especially when watching movies in widescreen format.

I’d like to get one of those TVs

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I’d like to get one of those TVs

Just checking Costco shows a TCL 32" 1080p with Roku for $140 and a 50" 4K with Roku for $270. Not the greatest TVs but certainly functional, and with Roku built-in.

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
A Sony from 2003, while great for its day, doesn’t compare well to modern TVs, especially when watching movies in widescreen format.

You can try telling my wife that. I was going to buy a new large screen TV rather than try to jimmy-rig things. She said no. That surprised me, because she always looks at those big TVs every time we walk into Costco.

I'm just happy the install went OK. New tech can be challenging, especially when you're hooking a new tech device to an old tech device.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Just finished the excellent British police drama River on Netflix. Starts with an unexpected twist, ends six episodes later with me freaking Mocha out with my tears and nose blowing (she just came back with a toy mouse to make Mommie feel better). Really an exceptional show.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Just finished the excellent British police drama River on Netflix. Starts with an unexpected twist, ends six episodes later with me freaking Mocha out with my tears and nose blowing (she just came back with a toy mouse to make Mommie feel better). Really an exceptional show.

River was one of the most interesting and riveting series we have watched.
I recommended it here on TUG a while back.
And looking back at the many ones we've enjoyed over the past 2-3 years, it still stands out as one of the very best.
Matter of fact, it may be my personal favorite.

Lately we've been watching Frost, and we like it a lot----will be sad when it's over.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We just finished watching 2 seasons of "The Brief" on Amazon Prime and absolutely loved it. We are finishing up 5 seasons of "Jonathan Creek" on Britbox through Amazon Prime. Next on we will be watching QI on Britbox and that should be fun too. We really like Alan Davies, the actor. Most of the stuff that we watch are on Acorn and Britbox, both are additional subscriptions through Prime.

Last edited:

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
MindHunter Season 2 is back and was very good. Very different than season 1 but still excellent as it focuses primarily on 1 actual case that the team helped to “solve” based on the profiling they had developed. Also a lot of personal turmoil of the characters on the team. Can’t believe we have to wait for season 3 now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
MindHunter Season 2 is back and was very good. Very different than season 1 but still excellent as it focuses primarily on 1 actual case that the team helped to “solve” based on the profiling they had developed. Also a lot of personal turmoil of the characters on the team. Can’t believe we have to wait for season 3 now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I plan to start a Mindhunter tonight. Just finished Designated Survivor. My other summer project was to watch The Closer