• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Toasty at Kierland right now

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
We booked an II Getaway to get away from June gloom and mis-timed it by a week.

Weather is beautiful in Carlsbad now and it is supposed to be 110 in Scottsdale. We really like this resort though and got offered $200 or 35,000 Bonvoy to do the tour. I said what the heck and took the $200.

They pushed the Flex and offered me $9300 to trade in my SVV odd year 81k ( which I purchased for $100). My final price was $21,000 for every year 81k Westin Flex and 270,000 Bonvoy points.

If I wanted another 81k in even years I suppose I could just spend another $100 and get an even year. The three sales people we engaged with were all very polite and no high pressure. 90 minutes. Wife already booked a massage with her loot.

I still might pick up a resale 2br here one of these years but not now.

ACE1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes June is usually the hottest month in Phoenix but who knows with this years weather. We have a Gold plus resale at WKV every other year but I always wish we had just purchased a Platinum every year resale. I just picked up an August MCV Getaway last night. It’ll probably be really hot then too but just love it there

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We're looking at homes in the area and noticed the temps this week. Yikes! That's hot! Even if it's a "dry" heat. :eek:

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
We are considering becoming California refugees here as well. We'll keep a place in Carlsbad for the summer months.

ACE1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are considering becoming California refugees here as well. We'll keep a place in Carlsbad for the summer months.

We moved to Prescott, AZ from Mission Viejo 29 years ago and love it here. We do still return to California several times a year but just to visit and stay in our timeshares.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I was in San Diego late last month and there was definitely the May/Grey June/Gloom season. We get May/Grey in Northern Calif but June tends to be sunny and gets hot by the end of the month. I need to travel to PHX for work this month and am dreading the heat and the ice cold air conditioning. At least it is dry heat like a sauna. I cannot tolerate steamy heat like Florida.

Last edited:

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes June is usually the hottest month in Phoenix but who knows with this years weather. We have a Gold plus resale at WKV every other year but I always wish we had just purchased a Platinum every year resale. I just picked up an August MCV Getaway last night. It’ll probably be really hot then too but just love it there

I have two gold plus WKV that I got from resale. They are fine for me , but like you, in retrospect I wish I had gotten Platinum. I absolutely LOVE Kierland.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
We really like that place! We go in January for the Barrett-Jackson auction. It's usually cool enough at night to play with the remote controlled fireplace. We also like strolling over to the hotel to see the piper and enjoy the scotch bar and restaurants over there. Plus we take the shuttle down town to do some shopping. The place is awesome! Scottsdale is a Mecca for car nuts like me. Even when the big auctions are not in town, the cars and coffee events here are amazing!

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
WKV rocks! We have only stayed there once with our ownership, but have visited the resort during other trips to the area. We liked it during our drop-in visits, but loved it after finally staying there last year.

The heat this time of year is tough. We live in Vegas and we are now in the low 100's, so not quite as hot. Summer is upon us.

Best regards.

Mike

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
The best of both worlds. We love AZ as long as we can skip June through Sept

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Some high clouds rolled in and it only hit 100. Forecast for 110 tomorrow.

I’ll consider snagging a week for Barret Jackson. I have friends that go every year.

A couple of years ago I saw a really nice Resto-mod 1962 Corvette that went for 53 grand. Glad I wasn’t there or it would have been an expensive trip!

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
We booked an II Getaway to get away from June gloom and mis-timed it by a week.

Weather is beautiful in Carlsbad now and it is supposed to be 110 in Scottsdale.

I feel your pain. I am at Embarc Palm Desert this week - low 100's last week, 114 today. I went shopping this morning then went to the movies this afternoon. I'm currently hibernating inside the unit.

I was on Maui a few weeks ago during their record heat wave - mid 90's, 60% humidity, no trade winds. So two-for two on heat waves, lol.

It's a toss up on which is worse and I am honestly not a June gloom fan, but 114 is pushing it for dry heat.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I lived in Yuma in 1990 and it hit 123 one day. Not fun.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
We had probably the gloomiest, chilliest May in memory here in San Diego (May Gray/June Gloom is my least favorite season). We even got an inch of rain, very unusual for here (I liked that part). But it made me long for summer, which I may come to regret (jk) because it got here in a big way yesterday and today (90s and 100s here in inland Poway). BTW, the last two summers I was in Palm Desert, it reached 120 degrees.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
In MI, it rained 28 out of 31 days and thus far June is shaping up to be a rainy month as well

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
If I wanted another 81k in even years I suppose I could just spend another $100 and get an even year. The three sales people we engaged with were all very polite and no high pressure. 90 minutes. Wife already booked a massage with her loot.
I have been following resales lately and pickings are pretty slim. It would be a rare feat to score a 81K Prime SVV week these days for only $100. I don't know if it is the merger or what, but even the EOY 1BR weeks are selling for high prices on eBay.

Last edited:

carpie99

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been following resales lately and pickings are pretty slim. It would be a rare feat to score a 81K Prime SVV week these days. I don't know if it is the merger or what, but even the EOY 1BR weeks are selling for high prices on eBay.

One of these just closed on eBay this week

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando

Been there several times and never been in the pool. We go in January for Barrett-Jackson, and the highs are in the low 70's for about 2 hours. The pools are heated, and there are always people in them, but that's too cool for me. I like my pool around 85, thank you! Kierland is perfect for Barrett-Jackson - West World is only about 10 miles away. Also, one of the major auctions is in a tent in the parking lot, right in front of the hotel.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
One of these just closed on eBay this week
You are right. I have updated my post. I meant to say it would be a rare feat to pick another one up for $100. The one on eBay sold for about $1300 but also had a hefty closing fee and required payment of 2019 MFs, though one did also get 2019 usage. Though at this point, it is doubtful to close in enough time to be able to bank any of the Options.

Last edited:

carpie99

TUG Member
Reaction score
You are right. I have updated my post. I meant to say it would be a rare feat to pick another one up for $100. The one on eBay sold for about $1300 but also had a hefty closing fee and required payment of 2019 MFs, though one did also get 2019 usage. Though at this point, it is doubtful to close in enough time to be able to bank any of the Options.

Even though the unit sold on July 10th ... he just listed the same unit again on eBay ... is this seller a scammer??

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Forecast of 112 today!

Returning to a more normal 104 tomorrow.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Forecast of 112 today!

Returning to a more normal 104 tomorrow.
I heard that we were getting a break and that it will only be 109 today. It was 115 yesterday so we are sending the heat your way.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Even though the unit sold on July 10th ... he just listed the same unit again on eBay ... is this seller a scammer??
Not necessarily. I accidentally bidded on the wrong item and won. I informed the seller immediately of my error so the item was relisted.

carpie99

TUG Member
Reaction score

Guess not:

I am not selling the same week and ownership, we have several of these and just wanted to the the auction up right away. The deeded week and unit number are for deeding purposes only and have no bearing. However, I have updated the current deeded week and unit number for this particular ownership in the eBay ad.

Good Luck Bidding!

JOHN HAMLET
THE TIMESHARE GROUP
888 FIVE ZERO FIVE 3537 EXT 705