• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

NV Theme Park

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
I just saw this in a facebook Vidanta Owners Group post. Interesting information about the Park..

https://themeparkuniversity.com/the...KlYIqdzVFVYpQhaSwkRMkMH1mlH1pfUCGjJrobEAQRivs

BREAKING: Cirque du Soleil Theme Park in Mexico CANCELLED – Park Redesigned
By Josh Young | Published: June 7, 2019
This is a story we have been following since 2014. Theme Park University was the first to break the news that Cirque du Soleil was creating a theme park set to open in 2018.

As we got closer to 2018 (and it passed) we kept looking for updates. Unfortunately, no word came from either Cirque du Soleil or Vidanta regarding the project being stalled, reconfigured or dropped entirely.

Who’s Vidanta, you ask? They’re the timeshare company with several luxury properties scattered around Mexico who bought the rights to build (and finance) a Cirque du Soleil Theme park in Mexico.

Originally the parks and entertainment offerings looked like something that could change the theme park industry. However, it seems as if those plans changed.

According to the Vidanta website, the new title of the park is referred to as “The Parks at Nuevo Vallarta”. There was zero mention of Cirque du Soleil anywhere on their own website.

I then took it upon myself to reach out to Cirque du Soleil and Vidanta to confirm that a Cirque theme park was still happening. Indeed, I received a response from both parties who both independently gave Theme Park University confirmation that it was indeed moving forward, but being redesigned.

Then in April 2019, I wrote a piece calling the Cirque du Soleil Theme Park in Mexico the Fyre Festival of theme parks. There seemed to be a lot of red flags between radio silence in communication, the ominous non-mention on Vidanta’s website and reports from several people who were given a timeshare pitch.

Not only do we stand by that article, we are now doubling down. We now *absolutely* think this is the Fyre Festival of theme parks.

I’ve been in contact with Vidanta since that article went viral. At the beginning of April I was assured that a press release regarding the Cirque du Soleil Theme Park would be coming “soon”. Then a month later, I was promised the same thing as they were “swiftly” finalizing a press release.

Today I finally received an official statement that is from both Vidanta and Cirque du Soleil. It reads as follows:

The Parks at Vidanta Nuevo Vallarta has expanded greatly in scope, shifting from a single theme park to a multi-tiered destination of immersive entertainment and vacation experiences across several park concepts, spanning hundreds of acres and countless one-of-a-kind experiences. As a continuation of our longstanding partnership with Cirque du Soleil, we are thrilled that a section of one of these concepts will be dedicated to their creative genius. The enhanced vision for The Parks is already underway with construction on many of its innovations currently in progress, as can be seen at the site in Nuevo Vallarta.
As the project continues to advance, more details about this groundbreaking entertainment destination—including specifics about the expanded master plan—will be shared. To learn more about the ongoing projects and initiatives, please visit grupovidanta.com.

There may be a lot to unpack there, but let’s break it down.

1. There is no theme park anymore. Instead there are now several attractions that are a part of this project.

2. “A multi-tiered destination of immersive entertainment” meaning these new experiences are now all separate. Meaning they’ll cost different amounts and will most likely be completely different offerings than what was once a theme park.

3. A “section” of ONE of these experiences will be Cirque du Soleil branded. Let that sink in. One section of part of this new concept will be branded to Cirque du Soleil.

Now do I think that these changes just happened after I wrote my last article? Not a chance. You don’t make that dramatic of a shift in two months for a project that’s been in development for over five years.

Do you know who I truly feel sorry for? Anyone who bought a timeshare from Vidanta with the promise of having a Cirque du Soleil Theme Park at their back door as their sales pitch. If I had plunked down thousands of dollars? I’d be mad as hell right now.

A “section” of an undisclosed immersive entertainment experience is not what these people put their hard earned money down for.

Sadly, this is all the information we have on the project at this time.

Share with friends:

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
The Parks at Vidanta Nuevo Vallarta - will still be the only game in town & after the toll road to Guadaljara fully opens it will be a 3 hour drive from 5 million people .

I am betting it will be a success / but different from the original concept .
Sort of how Vidanta itself has evolved from Vidafel to Grupo Mayan to Vidanta .

If you read the history of Disney Theme Parks - they too have changed over time .

Time will tell -
Phyllis -thanks for posting.

StructureGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta
I wish I could be as optimistic as T-Dot-Traveller. It just seems that there have been more oops messages regarding the park than upbeat info:
* Oops. Cirque du Soleil isn't in charge of developing the park anymore although they will have a show there.
* Not gonna open in 2018 maybe 2019
* Retired Disney exec is now in charge and it's going to be huge.
* Maybe open just phase 1 end of 2020 but early 2021 more likely
* Not really a "theme park" anymore and no Cirque du Soleil show

I wonder if they are still selling those park access packages?

Fingers crossed!

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
When we were there in the fall, the construction looked almost entirely like tons and tons of hotel style buildings.

StructureGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta
When we were there in the fall, the construction looked almost entirely like tons and tons of hotel style buildings.

But no one will want to stay in a luxury building in the middle of a huge dirty construction zone a long way from the beach. The construction progress of "The Park" needs to go hand-in-hand to make any sense. I just hope it doesn't turn into a water park or just a bunch of amusement rides. They claim the park will go up fast because much of it will be prefabricated offsite. But I would expect to see some foundation work by now.

Last edited:

jssquared

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe
My feeling is that for the first several years (perhaps phase 1) that it is going to be a real estate development supported by some attractions - probably pretty decent ones. The plans have changed dramatically from just three hotels to now a dozen or so. That is a LOT more people staying at the park. There will be restaurants, spas, etc. I am disappointed by the change in focus. Hopefully, by the time the full park is open it will be fantastic. Vidanta has a ton of land, including on the other side of the highway. So, there will plenty of room to add over time,

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
But no one will want to stay in a luxury building in the middle of .........a long way from the beach. ......

I just hope it doesn't turn into a water park or just a bunch of amusement rides. .

ORLANDO ?

LOL

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
But no one will want to stay in a luxury building in the middle of a huge dirty construction zone a long way from the beach. The construction progress of "The Park" needs to go hand-in-hand to make any sense. I just hope it doesn't turn into a water park or just a bunch of amusement rides. They claim the park will go up fast because much of it will be prefabricated offsite. But I would expect to see some foundation work by now.

"If you don't like the view from here, I can set you up with an upgrade appointment..."

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Does this surprise anyone??? This is Vidanta we are talking about. My first trip to one of their properties was RM in 2005, and at that time they we "very close" to opening a lazy river there. Well, it is 2019, and guess what -- still no lazy river!

I can't understand why anyone would believe a single thing from that organization. But that's just me...

Kurt

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I think it was 8 - 10 years ago at the Grand Mayan we attended a presentation where the sales people were talking about the new park. The way they spoke you would think the park would have been built years ago.

Same thing for PBSB and the golf course promise. Last visit the area where the golf course was supposed to be turned into more timeshares, lol.

I haven't checked recently but Vallarta Gardens was planning to build some towers and a small marina. We were offered a killer deal on pre-construction, lol. No thanks. From what I can tell , what you see is what you get most of the time.

Bill

Irish_Reign

Reaction score
Cirque is still involved with phase 1 of the park. It was originally going to be about 40 acres but is now closer to 60 acres. The "redesign" and resulting delay was caused because Vidanta had to fire the Goddard Group who could not produce the actual design concept they created. The Disney exec you talk about is the former head design engineer at Disney, he's no chump... I believe his name is Wing Chao. Vidanta has also begun work on phase 2 which will be across the highway. They have not indicated exactly what it will be but they have gone on record that Cirque will not be involved in this or future phases. They have plans for another phase that will be located across the Ameca river. Updates on phase 1 can be followed at http://www.themeparx.com/cirque-du-soleil-theme-park/ or http://www.facebook.com/ultimatevacationaccess

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
In my opinion, the Theme Park is basically for the younger crowd and folks with kids. Many of us just prefer to go and enjoy our regular Mayan World units, pools, beach and PV.

Last edited:

pianoetudes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham and Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Does this surprise anyone??? This is Vidanta we are talking about. My first trip to one of their properties was RM in 2005, and at that time they we "very close" to opening a lazy river there. Well, it is 2019, and guess what -- still no lazy river!

I can't understand why anyone would believe a single thing from that organization. But that's just me...

Kurt
RM now has lazy river with a bigger scope and more $$$. I haven't seen it in person but there is a thread about it.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk