• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bruyerebrit

TUG Member
Reaction score
You mean they took it back right? Or did it pass ROFR?
They took it back - I was the hopeful buyer! And on the second try too with another week at $100 higher! The only bright spot was dealing with Saintsfanfl, an interesting and very experienced MVC owner!

I'm an existing owner of 2 weeks at Shadow Ridge (Villages and Enclaves) and the seasons are funny in Palm Desert, because us "locals" from SoCal prefer the summer heat (low/silver season) and it always seems busy to me then, but that could due to the abundance of II Getaways at great prices. Marriott clearly want to load up the trust with the Platinum (winter/spring) weeks - I don't like those cold desert nights but everything's relative and I guess there are more snowbirds than I imagined!

Shaun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
I have an agreement with a seller on a 1 BR Oceanfront EOY usage at the Marriott Maui Ocean Club, we will see if it passes ROFR at $2,500.

NTP66

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club (x2)
I think that’s got as good a chance at passing ROFR as I do of winning the next five PowerBall lotteries in a row, personally.

Shaun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think that’s got as good a chance at passing ROFR as I do of winning the next five PowerBall lotteries in a row, personally.
Nice, that's a good one. Well, at least I offered them more at $2,500 than their asking price of $1,000 :) You just never know...

Reactions: CDD

NTP66

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hey, I’m still rooting for us both here. That would be an absolute steal for you.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
The guy's name is Marc? I offered him $2,500 too, and he is saying I am the highest bidder...

Have you seen the estoppel? Which deeded unit number is it?

Shaun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hey, I’m still rooting for us both here. That would be an absolute steal for you.
Oh yes, I know you are, I meant to say that in a joking way. I'll let you know how it goes, the process is started. I had nothing to go off of for price because I checked the ROFR.net site and asked several brokers and nobody had a clue on price so I thought that I'd have a way better chance at $2,500 than $1,000. I recently closed a 1 BR Oceanview EOY for $3,150 w/ seller paying closing costs. On this one I'm paying closing costs so I'm not sure how Marriott looks at the price, we will see.

Shaun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The guy's name is Marc? I offered him $2,500 too, and he is saying I am the highest bidder...

Have you seen the estoppel? Which deeded unit number is it?
Yep, I think that I just told him that I would buy it before you had emailed him so he worked with the first person, which is pretty honorable. It's unit 4010. What do you think the chances are?

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
He confirmed to me that I am the highest bidder and that he is proceeding with me in the morning of June 6.

Chances of passing ROFR at this price are Zero.

Shaun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
He confirmed to me that I am the highest bidder and that he is proceeding with me in the morning of June 6.

Chances of passing ROFR at this price are Zero.
That's interesting. Oh well, I'll pay $50 to find out. What do you think it would take to pass?

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Marriott has been crazy lately with ROFR at MOC, paying well over market prices. They are taking pretty much everything. I would guess around $7,000 - $10,000 may pass. This unit is not worth anything near current ROFR levels.

Shaun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott has been crazy lately with ROFR at MOC, paying well over market prices. They are taking pretty much everything. I would guess around $7,000 - $10,000 may pass. This unit is not worth anything near current ROFR levels.
Holy smokes, that's crazy! My OV passed for $3,150 about 1 1/2 months ago though.

NTP66

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
$3150 for that unit was a terrific deal, too.

CDD

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott MOC
I also got a pass on my MOC EOY 1 bed OV at $3200 but I agree with everyone else that if the OF EOY passes at $2500 that would be a miracle.

CDD

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott MOC
Holy smokes, that's crazy! My OV passed for $3,150 about 1 1/2 months ago though.
The last MOC 1BR OF EOY listed on ROFR.net passed at $6500 in 2009, but of course that was years ago so $7000+ is likely what it's going to take to get it.

Shaun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The last MOC 1BR OF EOY listed on ROFR.net passed at $6500 in 2009, but of course that was years ago so $7000+ is likely what it's going to take to get it.
We will see soon enough, I'll post the results here and on ROFR.net. I guess we got ours for a pretty good deal. I talked to a guy at Marriott Vacations today because I was inquiring if they had any resale weeks (they don't anymore, they just sell resale points per the guy that I spoke with) and he said that he can't believe the $3,100-$3,200 passed for our resale purchases. I should've maybe went higher on the OF but I don't want to pay 6k or 7k for an OF when I just paid $3,150 for an OV. I'd pay more, but not that much more.

Reactions: CDD

CDD

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott MOC
We will see soon enough, I'll post the results here and on ROFR.net. I guess we got ours for a pretty good deal. I talked to a guy at Marriott Vacations today because I was inquiring if they had any resale weeks (they don't anymore, they just sell resale points per the guy that I spoke with) and he said that he can't believe the $3,100-$3,200 passed for our resale purchases. I should've maybe went higher on the OF but I don't want to pay 6k or 7k for an OF when I just paid $3,150 for an OV. I'd pay more, but not that much more.
There's 2 listed on Redweek for $5500.

Shaun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There's 2 listed on Redweek for $5500.
I see that. It sure would be nice to have some recent data on these, 2009 is a long time ago.

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World

The unit is "worth" whatever the market says it is, and if Marriott is buying back at $7K to $10K as you say, that sets the market value, not what some people may list it for. Some desperate owner trying to sell at $1000 or $3000, who doesn't understand ROFR, is NOT the market. The market is what it takes to actually close.

WahooWah

Reaction score
The unit is "worth" whatever the market says it is, and if Marriott is buying back at $7K to $10K as you say, that sets the market value, not what some people may list it for. Some desperate owner trying to sell at $1000 or $3000, who doesn't understand ROFR, is NOT the market. The market is what it takes to actually close.
Thank you for making sense on this board. :clap: Marriott is a buyer just like anyone else.

ironman1124

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Hi everyone! I'm brand new to the site and forum. I'm looking for info on what has passed ROFR for the Marriott Aruba Surf Club, specifically a 2 bedroom. Is there anywhere I can find what has passed?

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Surprisingly I had a Lahaina OF float just pass at $27,599 all-in. I also get back closing credit of $500 if i return the docs and final payment within 5 days so it really is $27k total cost but what makes this an especially great deal is it comes with an Aug 2019 week for free. I'll actually be on Maui during the free week so I'm inviting more family. I also got 40k MR points because I put down $10k deposits for both.
Pretty good deal and goes to show you the inconsistency of Marriott's ROFR.

Last edited:

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
Surprisingly I had a Lahaina OF float just pass at $27,599 all-in. I also get back closing credit of $500 if i return the docs and final payment within 5 days so it really is $27k total cost but what makes this an especially great deal is it comes with an Aug 2019 week for free. I'll actually be on Maui during the free week so I'm inviting more family. Pretty good deal and goes to show you the inconsistency of Marriott's ROFR.

Nah, I think it’s more that you buy so many weeks Joe, they are running out of $ :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk