• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

My Realtor Interviews and Fear of Selling Our Home

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
PM'ing you.

Thank you. I like Lake Las Vegas but my husband is anti-LV. He says he cannot even go for work. I have no idea why. He says he will live anywhere other than LV.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Thank you. I like Lake Las Vegas but my husband is anti-LV. He says he cannot even go for work. I have no idea why. He says he will live anywhere other than LV.

How about Boulder City or Carson City?

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
He should consider Henderson, NV! We love it here!

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook

Where vacationforever lives is stunning. It is Henderson, not Las Vegas. 1/2 hour outside it I believe. The community is called Lake Las Vegas.

Those condos/penthouses are just gorgeous! The whole atmosphere of the place- the buildings, the grounds, the landscaping, the lake, the mountain views- just from the pictures- awesome.

I couldn't believe how beautiful they were and for the price! If this opportunity in NH didn't come up, and it wasn't that it was so far from everyone we know, our son and our timeshares and New England in general- it would have definitely been on our list of places to retire. And we are not heat or desert lovers. But if I lived there I would feel like a princess! LOL!

Last edited:

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Where vacationforever lives is stunning. It is Henderson, not Las Vegas. 1/2 hour outside it I believe. The community is called Lake Las Vegas.
Yes, it is a beautiful area. Our son works at the Westin Lake Las Vegas, which is a gorgeous property.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Yes, it is a beautiful area. Our son works at the Westin Lake Las Vegas, which is a gorgeous property.

That Sun City is also really nice as well! They have a lot of beautiful places out West!

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
So happy for you. Do you remember I sent you pictures of a unit that was sold a year ago a floor below ours and you said you liked it. I said if it becomes available I would let you know in the event that you want to move here? That home is just listed. The owners bought another single family home because they have 3 dogs and we only allow max of 2 dogs totalling not more than 70 lbs. That is a gorgeous home. If there is anyone out there thinking of simplifying retirement to a single level condo and in a building without a step up/down into a home, holler! We have sun 364 days a year and we live in a resort community. :) We do have high HOA but it is worth every dime.

Can you send me the info about this property, I also just sent you and IM. I'm prepping our home to sell, our contractor will start next month with refacing our kitchen cabinets and repair work to our bathroom cabinets. Our 3 kids really did a number on our house...

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wanted to add/point out that NV has no state income tax either. A relative retired to the NV side of Lake Tahoe for this reason.
I have a friend who sold his house in California for over $1 million; moved to North Las Vegas; bought a new bigger and better house for less than $450,000; and uses the difference to supplement his retirement. In addition he is out from under California's State Income tax. Not a bad deal...

George

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
When we sold our home in Illinois, we had to add about $35000 to it to buy our home in sw Florida, but our real estate taxes are still less than half of what we paid in Illinois 15 years ago, we pay no state income tax, and our health insurance was less through the same plan. It was a good move also because we moved to a community with amenities and activities.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
When we sold our home in Illinois, we had to add about $35000 to it to buy our home in sw Florida, but our real estate taxes are still less than half of what we paid in Illinois 15 years ago, we pay no state income tax, and our health insurance was less through the same plan. It was a good move also because we moved to a community with amenities and activities.
Rapmarks -- you were smart to get out of Illinois 15 years ago. This state is a living hell of taxation. I'm trapped here until my daughter finishes school (just a couple of more years!). I'm currently thinking of a move to Nevada.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

That’s the big reason why I want to buy in a no tax state. My real estate tax’s are high in MI and our car, & home insurance are outrageous. I just want to be in a warm climate with no snow.

It’s June in MI and it’s one of the few days this month that it’s not raining and it’s only 72.

Last edited:

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That Sun City is also really nice as well! They have a lot of beautiful places out West!

I looked at multiple condos in Sun City West in AZ when I was there in February and when we toured the clubhouse we ran into the reality star from Liittle People Big World- Matt Roloff and his girlfriend Caren.

I liked the complex.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Rapmarks -- you were smart to get out of Illinois 15 years ago. This state is a living hell of taxation. I'm trapped here until my daughter finishes school (just a couple of more years!). I'm currently thinking of a move to Nevada.

When you are ready check out Reno, Sparks, Carson City, or Boulder City. Most people think Las Vegas or Henderson. The 4 I mentioned are all cooler than Henderson or Las Vegas.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
That’s the big reason why I want to buy in a no tax state. My real estate tax’s are high in MI and our car, & home insurance are outrageous. I just want to be in a warm climate with no snow.

It’s June in MI and it’s one of the few days this month that it’s not raining and it’s only 72.

Same here in NY - the taxes and weather. NH has long winters also, but when it finally warms up- omg- and the Fall- gorgeous.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
We looked at Nevada for two reasons: 1. Taxes; and, 2. To be closer to Grandkids in SLC. But then kids announced they may move to North Carolina. So everything is on hold. South Carolina is better for taxes.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Well- today has been unbelievably busy and I am happy to report that the builder did make the change about the refund of upgrades in the event he does not meet his obligation to the agreement, as well as a minor wording change our attorney recommended.

As expected, he left in the arbitration paragraphs. Our attorney did miss something in terms of wording but she does not seem concerned about it. At that point I told her we are signing and she was ok with it. She knows how badly we want this deal.

The realtor is going to point out about this home warranty paragraph that makes no sense as per our attorney that the builder claims he couldn't find- but we don't sign that document until closing anyway.

So we signed the agreement once again electronically and as soon and the builder signs it our attorney will start the title search early- since this property changed hands recently. So if any issues come up there will be plenty of time for the builders to resolve it before closing. Smart.

I essentially was working like a paralegal today. Constant emails and reviewing documents again. Pointing out the changes via email to the attorney! So different than in NY where the 2 attorney's handle everything. Here- I was the initiator and the person doing everything- along with the realtor- I must admit- she works very hard. But crazy town! The attorney is like- well- which one of these issues do you want to raise? What? In NY- all of them would be raised! LOL!

So the roller coaster is in high gear again and I am nervous and excited at the same time! Our current home is being shown tonight and also on Sunday evening. (don't these people eat dinner?)

And.....we actually got an offer on our home today- BUT- it is contingent on the sale of their home which isn't even on the market yet. Ummm.....no. Sorry. Too bad- because other than that- the offer would have been good.

So- that is it! Back on track and feeling good again!:banana:

PS In my last email to the realtor, I signed my name and what will be our new address underneath! LOL!;)

Glad it is working out for you! Also I think it's great that your house had an offer and is being shown this often!

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Glad it is working out for you! Also I think it's great that your house had an offer and is being shown this often!

Thanks. The realtor just rescheduled one that was supposed to be at 5:45pm (which was scheduled on Friday) to 10:45am this morning. Meanwhile we have people coming to our home this morning to purchase some things we are getting rid of. Now have to scramble to re-arrange all that. It's exhausting.

I mean- we went to bed at 10pm. We get up at 6am and we have a rescheduling notice! When exactly did this occur? I mean- the people called the realtor after 10 last night? or before 6am this morning? I don't get it.

Yesterday the realtor set off the alarm and police were dispatched. We were in town selling a few of our things. My husband and I commented on all the fun we are having. LOL!

It's going to be a long, hard 6+ months.

I must admit, of course- I am worried- what else is new? The people who came yesterday were not interested, though the realtor said our house is priced right and showed well (4 out of 5).

Will see what happens today. Not having a basement and an open concept is HUGE for some people.

Hubby is stubborn with the sale of our items- he gets all emotional about pricing. Geez- even yesterday he embarrassed me by having us bring in his old suits and coats to a vintage consignment shop. I kept telling him to just donate the damn things- but- no- he has to lug them in only to be turned away. SMH...

I sell things for mostly cheap, since the goal is to get rid of them- no matter how nice or expensive they were. Even so, that is hard as people don't want certain things. He has stuff listed and gets no responses at all.

I am a marketing person I tell him. Listen to me. But he doesn't

In the end- I tell him- we will have to give them away anyway or PAY to have them removed from the house.

I must admit- he was right, though, about asking for money for my dad's old Gretsch guitar. I listed it for free and was overwhelmed with responses. Then listed it for $100- again- tons of responses. One guy even offered $200- but it was too late. Sold. (it needed a few hundred dollars of refurbishing). I am glad someone will get some enjoyment out of it.

Meanwhile- my brother got all emotional about me getting rid of it. That it will be sad having no connection to our parents. Ummm--- let's not start with this stuff now-our parents are deceased. A guitar is a thing- not a connection. The connection is in my brain. The guitar has been collecting dust in my house since 2011. SMH....I sent him a picture of it.

And so it goes.......

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
In the end- I tell him- we will have to give them away anyway or PAY to have them removed from the house.

When I sold my Son's house for him (he was away working in the oil fields) I hired someone I found on the Internet to come in and haul away everything that we couldn't sell and was not nailed down. I think it cost me $150 and was money well spent...

George

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
We get the guy who was buying the log splitter to come earlier. I get the house straightened out and rush out to waste time in town

. Come back and the woman buying our telescope is going to be at the gas station in 15 minutes. Run back out with it. Get home and get a message from our realtor that the potential buyers that were supposed to look at the house cancelled at the last minute. Decided it was too far out.

Nice. You would think these realtors would screen these people. First off- screen out people who need to sell their house in order to buy your house- unless you give the ok. And for gosh sakes, explain where the house is located!

We wasted an entire morning. I am concerned that for a beautiful weekend like we are having we only had one showing also.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am concerned that for a beautiful weekend like we are having we only had one showing also.

Don't get discouraged. It only takes one to buy. The others really don't matter. When I sold my Son's house for him we only had about 20 lookers in 3 months. 19 showed little interest, one bought and they paid the asking price...

George

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Remember when I said you need to “emotionally move out?” You need to understand that what you’re going through is how real estate works. It’s not how you or I would handle it, but it’s how it works.

Potential buyers look at listings online, pick several on a day that’s convenient for them, and the RE Agent sets up showings. Then things change - the weather isn’t perfect, the babysitter cancels, whatever - and the downstream is that you’ve now wasted your time on something that didn’t happen.

But that same buyer might come back in two days and do it again, but then put in an offer. Some buyers need multiple showings until they decide.

It’s a frustrating business. Getting upset because it’s not how you would do it is tilting at windmills. At least there is an interest in your house. Things could be much worse. :thumbup:

Dave

Last edited:

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
We get the guy who was buying the log splitter to come earlier. I get the house straightened out and rush out to waste time in town

. Come back and the woman buying our telescope is going to be at the gas station in 15 minutes. Run back out with it. Get home and get a message from our realtor that the potential buyers that were supposed to look at the house cancelled at the last minute. Decided it was too far out.

Nice. You would think these realtors would screen these people. First off- screen out people who need to sell their house in order to buy your house- unless you give the ok. And for gosh sakes, explain where the house is located!

We wasted an entire morning. I am concerned that for a beautiful weekend like we are having we only had one showing also.
You can even have cancellations when they drive up to the property. On a few occasions a buyer would tell me after driving up to the property, it’s not for me and wouldn’t go in.

See how many showings you have in the next two weeks before you get too concerned.