• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

8wks and counting for Title Transfer

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
We made an offer on a Hyatt Ka’anapali on March 12th. It was in our Hyatt account on May 29th. So a little over 11 weeks from offer to in our account.

carpie99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your email; we appreciate your inquiry.

Due to the large volume of requests we are currently at a turnaround time to respond of approximately 6-8 weeks of receipt. We apologize for the delay and be assured our goal is work hard to respond sooner.

In the meantime, please visit our owners’ website at www.vistana.com/dashboard to obtain account information online, make payments, obtain payoff amounts and update automatic payments program information.

Our hours of operation are:
Monday - Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm

These hours are Eastern Standard Time

1-800-729-8246 ext.62291 - Toll free
(407) 903-4670 - Local & International
(407) 418-7771 - Secured Facsimile

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I verified the reservation was in my name a couple of weeks ago, so I feel okay about that. Unless something changed with the transfer. I'll still give them a day or so since the data on the vistana site already updated twice, they may still be working on it. Good advice, tho! Never trust a reservation you didn;t make!
As far as i know, Vistana is not obliged to keep a reservation upon the transfer of an account. The problem is, if they cancelled the reservation by mistake, the longer you wait the more difficult to reinstate it if someone else books that week. I forgot to mention that in both of my cases last year the reservations were in my name and letters were sent to the title transfers dept to transfer the reservations to our account. Yet, one transferred, one did not.

Moparman42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas x2
As far as i know, Vistana is not obliged to keep a reservation upon the transfer of an account. The problem is, if they cancelled the reservation by mistake, the longer you wait the more difficult to reinstate it if someone else books that week. I forgot to mention that in both of my cases last year the reservations were in my name and letters were sent to the title transfers dept to transfer the reservations to our account. Yet, one transferred, one did not.

thanks for the info. I'll double check it now that the transfer is complete.

Michael

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I got a newsletter in my mailbox and the resort was in my account. I wish that they would send a welcome email. Come on Marriott, it’s just a little coding:)

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score

Moparman42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
transfer completed yesterday. Homeoptions appeared in Vistana. However, my reserved week did not. I called owner services and verified the reservation with my confirmation number and all is good. I expect the reservation system to catch up and remove the points from my Vistana within a few days. Still glad to add KORV to my Nanea so I can enjoy more time on Maui!

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
I got a newsletter in my mailbox and the resort was in my account. I wish that they would send a welcome email. Come on Marriott, it’s just a little coding:)

I'm new to Vistana and have a couple of weeks that I bought resale for SVV (non-mandatory). How would I find out they've been transferred at Vistana?

Moparman42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
UPDATE: I got a NEW confirmation for my reserved stay in January. My points disappeared from vistana and the countdown is now live. My only complkaint is that the new reservation is after the 8 month mark so it shows as a staroption reservation, whereas the original was a homeoption reservation, so I will not get my ocean view room, most likely. However, beggars can;t be choosers, I got a smokin' deal on the resale and never really do spend all that much time in the room, so the view is not my highest priority. 8.5 weeks out to complete all stages.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I'm new to Vistana and have a couple of weeks that I bought resale for SVV (non-mandatory). How would I find out they've been transferred at Vistana?
I got a random email.

Moparman42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Do you have a Vistana account currently under the email address used when you purchased? as in logged in and viewed on the vistana website?

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
My WLR documents arrived at the closing company on May 21st and today I saw the unit in my Vistana account, and made a reservation for 2020
So Chicago title received the docs on May 21st?

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
that's really fast

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
that's really fast
Yes I was quite surprised. I am still waiting on a second unit that was purchased at the same time but from a different closing company. Not sure if the year has anything to do with it. The 1st unit is annual with 2020 usage and the 2nd was EOY with 2021 usage

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes I was quite surprised. I am still waiting on a second unit that was purchased at the same time but from a different closing company. Not sure if the year has anything to do with it. The 1st unit is annual with 2020 usage and the 2nd was EOY with 2021 usage
good for you. Who knows why they did not transfer the second one yet. Do you know if Chicago title received the assignment documents at the same time for both?

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Do you have a Vistana account currently under the email address used when you purchased? as in logged in and viewed on the vistana website?

Yes - I have a Vistana account but there is no ownership attached to it.

Moparman42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My resale appeared in my vistana dashboard 8 weeks after the title was sent in by the title company. when it first appeared it was not accurate and I could actually watch them slowly update the info. I have not received any kind of notification or communication. I just had to keep checking. Not even a welcome email.. So, if your information is accurate and matches the purchase, it should pop up when done. Unfortunately, there is no contact to help this, as I had called and there is nothing for owner services to look up until it is completed. The waiting game.. I hate that game.

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
good for you. Who knows why they did not transfer the second one yet. Do you know if Chicago title received the assignment documents at the same time for both?
no idea about the timing for Chicago title. I just know that my notarized docs were received by the closing company on May 21st. The documents for the 2nd transfer were actually at the other closing company a few days earlier.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
My resale appeared in my vistana dashboard 8 weeks after the title was sent in by the title company. when it first appeared it was not accurate and I could actually watch them slowly update the info. I have not received any kind of notification or communication. I just had to keep checking. Not even a welcome email.. So, if your information is accurate and matches the purchase, it should pop up when done. Unfortunately, there is no contact to help this, as I had called and there is nothing for owner services to look up until it is completed. The waiting game.. I hate that game.
You can always call the phone number for the HOA and ask to be transferred to the Title Department. I have done this before and it worked.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I received a letter this time as well. Welcoming and suggesting I go to the owner site and confirm dues.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
Our EOY WKORV-N unit is in our account! I had to call in yesterday to ask about the status as it had been about 6 weeks and I had seen it appear in our online account nor received any e-mail or other notification. The agent I spoke with was extremely helpful and saw that our week had transferred but was not linked to our other VOI's for some reason. After about 5 minutes it was resolved and the week is now there. I can't say exactly how long it took them since it may have been in the account for several days - but overall I'm a happy camper.

We got free 2019 usage but I won't be able to take advantage of it this year - so I ended up banking the SO's.

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
Paperwork sent to Chcago Title on 4/30 for my Laguna Mar studio. Nothing yet.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Paperwork sent to Chcago Title on 4/30 for my Laguna Mar studio. Nothing yet.
I am wondering why it is taking so long compared to @byeloe 's transfer. I am closing on a platinum unit myself, I will report back when I have news.