• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Resort charged me a "Short Stay Fee" [Tree Tops Resort in PA]

rboesl

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Village Beach & Golf Resort
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Villa del Arco Cobo
Grandview Las Vegas
Vacation Village at Bonaventure
Over the Memorial Day holiday we went to the Tree Tops Resort in PA. During check in I charged a "Short Stay Fee" because my stay was less than 7 days. The fee was $45 for 3 days. I didn't remember seeing a notice about this fee when making the exchange on RCI. This was on top of a cleaning fee and a room wifi fee (if I wanted to use wifi in the room).

I've never heard of a Short Stay Fee before. It certainly dulled good deal feeling I had when I made the points exchange and turned the stay into not such a good deal. Does anyone know of any other resorts that charge a Short Stay Fee?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
How much was the cleaning fee?

This is what is listed under the fees tab for RCI.
Urgent Information
Mandatory Fees

Mandatory Security deposit is 150.00 U.S. dollars. Only Credit Cards accepted.

Paid by bank issued credit card, no prepaid cards, no money order or cash. Amex not accepted.

Housekeeping Fees

"Housekeeping fee for all RCI points reservations: There may be a fee of 45.00 U.S. dollars for all units, per stay. Only Credit Cards accepted."

For point stays for less than 7nights. Amex not accepted, bank issued credit card only.

"Housekeeping fee for all RCI points reservations: There may be a fee of 50.00 U.S. dollars for 1 Bedroom units, per stay. Only Credit Cards accepted."

For point stays for less than 7nights. Amex not accepted, bank issued credit card only.

"Housekeeping fee for all RCI points reservations: There may be a fee of 60.00 U.S. dollars for 2 Bedroom units, per stay. Only Credit Cards accepted."

Resort Fees

Internet fee is 9.95 U.S. dollars. Only Credit Cards accepted.

Per day, per device

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Over the Memorial Day holiday we went to the Tree Tops Resort in PA. During check in I charged a "Short Stay Fee" because my stay was less than 7 days. The fee was $45 for 3 days. I didn't remember seeing a notice about this fee when making the exchange on RCI. This was on top of a cleaning fee and a room wifi fee (if I wanted to use wifi in the room).

I've never heard of a Short Stay Fee before. It certainly dulled good deal feeling I had when I made the points exchange and turned the stay into not such a good deal. Does anyone know of any other resorts that charge a Short Stay Fee?
I’ve notice that on the info on some resorts, they also add fees for points exchanges. I always read the urgent info. There was an extra vacationI was going to book was under $200. For a week, but when I read the urgent info, said Major renovations would be during this year and next, probably why it was so cheap. Of course I passed on that one. Always read the info to determine if the resort is a good fit and the fees are comparable to the stay.
Silentg

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
This is a normal fee for RCI points exchanges of less than 7 nights. The resorts budget for a full clean after 7 nights, and when they have to do a full clean after a shorter stay, the money has to come from somewhere.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
I have to say that all these extra fees make exchanging less and less attractive. It seems as if every time you turn around, there’s another fee. It’s why we’ve gone to systems with internal reservations. It greatly reduces the cost of traveling to places other than your home resort.