• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Colorado’s Bargain Season

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
Colorado’s Bargain Season
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/14/travel/colorado-ski-resorts-cheap.html

By Steve Knopper / Travel / The New York Times / nytimes.com / May 14, 2019

“The weekend before Christmas, a night at the Ritz Carlton Bachelor Gulch, the luxurious hotel at the center of the Beaver Creek Ski Resort in Colorado, costs $1,489. In July, it goes for $659. But on a recent Saturday night, my wife and I paid just $189 for a similar room. We had to add $30 for valet parking, but breakfast was free and with spa treatments half-price, we spent only $80 for a half-hour in a copper bathtub-for-two, which included champagne, robes, slippers and tinkly new-age music.

I love Colorado ski towns just after skiing ends, during what locals call mud season. (The expression is too dirty for Aspen, which has rebranded it “the secret season.”) For roughly two months, beatific mountain villages empty out, chichi hotels become affordable, “drink the bar dry” specials pop up and shops go half-price or more....”

96B65BB9-CDAA-4C72-859B-7023A9A5E7EA.jpeg
Taking a spring break: Gondolas at the Steamboat Ski Resort sit in a parking lot after the mountain closed for the season.
Photo Credit: Benjamin Rasmussen for The New York Times

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
We are using Marriott Bonvoy points for a night at that Ritz Carlton in January. For fun I booked the same room to see a cash price - $1600!!!

zinger1457

Reaction score
We are using Marriott Bonvoy points for a night at that Ritz Carlton in January. For fun I booked the same room to see a cash price - $1600!!!

That must be close to 200K points for one night, not exactly a giveaway.

JohnPaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)

JohnPaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
60K points for a room that would cost $1600? That doesn't add up.

What doesn't add up is why anyone would pay $1600 for just a very nice hotel room.

JohnPaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 8.16.12 PM.png

Now it's down to $1400.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I know it's not Colorado, but I just booked Residence in Atlanta airport for 35,000 points for two nights with breakfast included. So 17,500 per night. That wasn't bad. Since I have 750K points to use after my points in SPG got multiplied by 3, I decided to start using them.

I was very happy with 35K points for two nights because I do like the Residence Inns, and it's mid-June. The price would have been $400 + tax.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
$189 is pushing it.

;)