• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

bHC vs HGVC

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
If not, then it is not bHC. We were told it was going to be a bHC of Residence Club in Chicago. Not sure if it is still coming.

It’s regular HGVC. They announced that awhile back. Here is the link to the club page for the resort: https://club.hiltongrandvacations.com/en/resort/illinois-chicago

Now everything makes sense. I was wondering if they were going to start putting owners lounges in regular HGVC resorts. Although an owners lounge in the Flamingo would be pretty great, I’m not sure how they would make it work.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Does anyone know is W57 will waive the cleaning fee if I booked into 2 nights via HGVC points and then am staying a full week using an SFX change. Same room category for all nights.

Any speculation?

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Call the hotel and ask. Worst they could say is No.

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
Your terminology is a bit confusing, so let me make sure I understand. By "NYHC" are you referring to Hilton Club New York or Residences by Hilton Club (I don't even know if RC

To be clear: Among the people who own at these resorts, there is no confusion in use. We've owned W. 57th for several years now, and we're not confused at all about the rules. Yah, there are various nuances here, but many are not relevant to bHC folks who bought to stay where we want to stay.

Also, there are things here being granted that are simply not in the rules and not guaranteed.

Cheers.
Yes, perhaps HCNY is better, Residences by HC I have always just called or referred to as the Residences but I guess now there is a Residence Club of Chicago so probably will need to clarify that now.
I get your point about the confusion issue or lack there of. My brother uses his property at 57th about 75% of the time and often goes his home week so for him he could care less what various rules come and go, they rarely (or never) effect what he does. The few times he books elsewhere he makes a few calls and looks it up on line. To him the restrictions are what they are, he basically could care less what Hilton wants to call the place. He was/is a bit frustrated about not being able to book at "HCNY' as I have property there and it would occasionally be nice to be at the same place so basically I book over at 57th street when we want to hang out at the same location. Again, going back several years now neither one of us understood or where told about this or I probably wouldn't have bought there but that's an old story. I have said this before, I would like to have bought property at the Elara in Vegas as my wife likes it there but won't consider that now with the inability to use those points at HCNY. It is what it is at this point.

terces

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC LVB x3, Sandos Mexico for RCI points
Where would the sweet spot be for buying bhc on the resale market, both for the purchase price on the resale market and the MF's? I realize these change and occasionally there can be an incredible deal slip through, but in general terms what would be the best bhc to start doing some research around? There is no one resort that we would consider a favorite. Any bhc points purchased would be strictly for the advantage of booking earlier than what our regular HGVC points will allow. Does anyone have a general idea of the range of purchase prices and also the MF's at the sweet spot bhc resort? We would be looking for a minimum 7000 point platinum.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ok, can someone explain to me about Residence Clubs? Are they names of certain bHC properties, certain types of bHC properties or clubs/lounges within resorts. Since people keep calling Chicago a Residence Club and it’s regular HGVC, I’m not sure I’m completely understanding the system.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where would the sweet spot be for buying bhc on the resale market, both for the purchase price on the resale market and the MF's? I realize these change and occasionally there can be an incredible deal slip through, but in general terms what would be the best bhc to start doing some research around? There is no one resort that we would consider a favorite. Any bhc points purchased would be strictly for the advantage of booking earlier than what our regular HGVC points will allow. Does anyone have a general idea of the range of purchase prices and also the MF's at the sweet spot bhc resort? We would be looking for a minimum 7000 point platinum.

I would find a contract at the location which you are most likely to visit often. That way you get a longer booking window since you are an owner.

bHC points are normally more expensive than other locations. Maybe the new bHC at HI will be cheaper since HI is crowded with timeshare as it is. However it will most likely take a few years before those become available. Also the MF at HI is normally higher than most places.

If I had to buy now I would look at West 57th but I’m biased as I already owns there :)

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok, can someone explain to me about Residence Clubs? Are they names of certain bHC properties, certain types of bHC properties or clubs/lounges within resorts. Since people keep calling Chicago a Residence Club and it’s regular HGVC, I’m not sure I’m completely understanding the system.

The only residence club there is are the one in NYC. This at least goes by name.
IMO the district and Chicago locations are not “a residence club”

They are both bHC.

Don’t expect reciprocal lounge access if owning one and visiting another.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The only residence club there is are the one in NYC. This at least goes by name.
IMO the district and Chicago locations are not “a residence club”

They are both bHC.

Don’t expect reciprocal lounge access if owning one and visiting another.

That’s what I thought. I’m not a bHC owner, nor do I really care to be at this point in my life, but I with all of the talk on this thread, I wasn’t sure. At least on the HGVC member website, Chicago is listed as regular HGVC.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
That’s what I thought. I’m not a bHC owner, nor do I really care to be at this point in my life, but I with all of the talk on this thread, I wasn’t sure. At least on the HGVC member website, Chicago is listed as regular HGVC.

Chicago is a regular HGVC property and not bHC. Maybe at first their intentions was different but the location ended up being regular HGVC.

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club
Yes, perhaps HCNY is better, Residences by HC I have always just called or referred to as the Residences but I guess now there is a Residence Club of Chicago so probably will need to clarify that now.
I get your point about the confusion issue or lack there of. My brother uses his property at 57th about 75% of the time and often goes his home week so for him he could care less what various rules come and go, they rarely (or never) effect what he does. The few times he books elsewhere he makes a few calls and looks it up on line. To him the restrictions are what they are, he basically could care less what Hilton wants to call the place. He was/is a bit frustrated about not being able to book at "HCNY' as I have property there and it would occasionally be nice to be at the same place so basically I book over at 57th street when we want to hang out at the same location. Again, going back several years now neither one of us understood or where told about this or I probably wouldn't have bought there but that's an old story. I have said this before, I would like to have bought property at the Elara in Vegas as my wife likes it there but won't consider that now with the inability to use those points at HCNY. It is what it is at this point.

Having owned at West 57th for many years (before exchanging into Hilton Club), I will always have a fondness for that property, esp it’s prime location. However, I am very happy with owning at HCNY because it’s the only property in NYC with the 2 bedroom option. It is a tad dated compared to W57 and Residence Club, but they are updating all the rooms this year. The lounge experience is roughly the same in terms of breakfast and evening reception and with many fewer owners to compete for booking, getting in has not been a problem. But once you go 2BR, it’s hard to go back to studio or even 1BR with pullout couch. Just my two cents.

Sean

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
There are ways to combine and stretch points within bHC property once you are an owner so 7k may not be needed unless you plan to stay more than 2x per year. Best to use bHC points within that system and augment with less expensive Vegas points for use elsewhere in HGVC.

W57 studios 3750 and 5250 have the lowest MF in Manhattan (approx. $1500) with lowest buy-in at $10 - 18k plus closing costs.

Check out points charts for sweet spots because MF is same per unit size across seasons.

HCNY buy-in about same but MF higher and there are limitations to combining points and extra fees as other posters have pointed out. If you plan to stay less than 4 days consistently, Residences and HCNY have no housekeeping fees but you pay for it with higher MF. Need to run numbers as to what is most effective in your situation.

Points are points within a bHC property and you can usually get what u need 5 months out including event weeks because of resort res. windows. As previous poster pointed out, if you need a 2 bdrm consistently, or want last minute NYC availability, HCNY is only game in town. Quin may also have 2 bdrm but point values and buy in will be high.

Hope this helps answer some of your questions.

Last edited:

ccwu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure this is true. I was told by a rep that they are considering enabling reciprocal lounge access with the addition of an elite bHC tier. But perhaps he was speaking in context to W57 instead of bHC-wide because that's what we own. However during this discussion we were discussing bHC wide policy.
The reciprocal owner’s lounge access is only for NYC Residence club, District Residence club and any future Residence club that owner currently has 75-60 days Priority access for reservations too. It is on the website users guide.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
The reciprocal owner’s lounge access is only for NYC Residence club, District Residence club and any future Residence club that owner currently has 75-60 days Priority access for reservations too. It is on the website users guide.

I did not know there was a District Residence Club. Is that the same thing as the District by Hilton Club? I think it was an earlier discussion in this thread, but there is only one "residence club" I'm aware of. Is such reciprocity just among an arbitrary group of the bHC's?

ccwu

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did not know there was a District Residence Club. Is that the same thing as the District by Hilton Club? I think it was an earlier discussion in this thread, but there is only one "residence club" I'm aware of. Is such reciprocity just among an arbitrary group of the bHC's?

The DC has a reciprocal arrangement with NYC Residence club. Even the name is not. We were told it is part of Residence club. It is in the HGV website club rules (page 6)

When I was at NYC Residence club, I met quite a few District owners. I never go to District in George Town (we prefer DC downtown Hilton brand hotel.). So never use their lounge.

Last edited:

junk

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Islander 16800, Grand waikikian 12600 EOY, Boulevard 7000
The DC has a reciprocal arrangement with NYC Residence club. Even the name is not. We were told it is part of Residence club. It is in the HGV website club rules (page 6)

When I was at NYC Residence club, I met quite a few District owners. I never go to District in George Town (we prefer DC downtown Hilton brand hotel.). So never use their lounge.

District owner may take advantage to book new bHC in Waikiki?

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
I looked on the 2020 guide and I did not see a bHC Waikiki. So I don't know the advantage window. If it is like the others - it is 74 days instead of 59. But you would get the AI reservation in your club dues. That eBay is a EOY though, so you pay more expensive club dues every year. So marginal IMHO, depending on how many points you have and how many reservations you make a year. I bought the District same seller as an regular annual and since I own at W57th it added a lot of cheaper points at a low buy in.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought the District same seller as an regular annual and since I own at W57th it added a lot of cheaper points at a low buy in.

How are you finding the >59-day availability at W. 57th using the DC points thus far?

Cheers.

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
It added all my points together so 7200 district and 5250 W57th shows as "By Hilton Club Points - 2022 12,450" all in one bucket.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
The Distrct in the above mentioned ebay add would get AI correct? Also it lists the annual club dues as $189. Is this correct for the AI fee?

Have not been following pricing for the AI resorts. Is the purchase price good for an AI resort?

I am looking for an AI resort to save on booking and guest certificate fees. I already own about 60K annual HGVC points and dont really need more. Am looking to add an AI unit to save on fees. I spend about $900-$1100 a year for the booking and guest certificate fees. So this would be break even for me after the 6th or 7th year. EOY would work for me as I dont need more points. What are you fellow tuggers thoughts on this unit? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
It added all my points together so 7200 district and 5250 W57th shows as "By Hilton Club Points - 2022 12,450" all in one bucket.

Interesting. So it seems that, at present, all bHC points are usable as "Home" points for all bHC resorts one owns, even though some of the points are not "Home" there. A look back to the good old days of combined points :)

Cheers.

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
I did not assume that going in, was happy it turned out to be that way. I will not complain. AI club fee is like $299 - I think it is $127 more than regular club fee. A word of note - HCNY is not part of the annual HGVC club fee, it is completely separate. So I pay two club fees. District points do not work there (or any other points for that matter)

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did not assume that going in, was happy it turned out to be that way. I will not complain. AI club fee is like $299 - I think it is $127 more than regular club fee. A word of note - HCNY is not part of the annual HGVC club fee, it is completely separate. So I pay two club fees. District points do not work there (or any other points for that matter)

Thanks. We have W. 57th, so very familiar with the AI fees as well as HCNY not being a part of anything. Hadn't realized, though, that it had a separate club fee on top of all that.

Cheers.

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club
Have you tried to book something at W57 in the 9 month window in excess of your 5250 bHC points to see if it would pull your District bHC points to make up the difference? If so, I think you found a great loophole, akin to how it was before the club/bHC point distinction was codified. I have to think that given prices of bHC retail (and even resale due to ROFR), there are very few owners who have deeds at 2 (or more) bHC locations. So keeping the bHC points separate from each other may be low priority for HGVC.

Sean

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
It's already a 4x4 points nightmare. I can't imagine it's worth making this more complex.